USA Smallville: The Complete Series - 20th Anniversary Collection (Blu-ray + Digital) [USA]

Lone Crusader

The Savage Ninja!
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Nov 24, 2011
Corpus Christi, Texas, USA
Release Date: October 19, 2021
Purchase link: Amazon
Price: $180

smallville_series-br.jpg

Last edited:
MORE THAN 28 HOURS OF BONUS FEATURES
  • The Adventures of Superboy – The original 1961 pilot starring John Rockwell.
  • A Retrospective Look at the Series' 10-Year Journey – Anin-depth, season-by-season look at the creation of this landmark television series. Highlights include interviews with Tom Welling, Eric Durance, Michael Rosenbaum, Phil Morris, John Schneider and many more, as well as rare behind-the-scenes footage.
  • A Decade of Comic-Con Featurette
  • Paley Festival Featurette
  • Smallville's 100th Episode: Making of a Milestone – An extended version of the original featurette included in the Season 5 set.
  • Secret Origin:The American Story of DC Comics – A feature length documentary chronicling DC's 75 years of challenges, creativity, and triumph.
  • Audio Commentaries, Deleted and Extended Scenes, Gag Reels,Behind-the-scenes featurettes and much more from all 10 seasons!

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Billy Talent
They come up with this about 10 years too late.

Also is there any info about region locking, I assume since its USA release it's gonna be region locked god only knows why.:banghead:

They come up with this about 10 years too late.

Also is there any info about region locking, I assume since its USA release it's gonna be region locked god only knows why.:banghead:
According to Blu-ray.com the previous 5-10 Seasons released on Blu-ray are region free
Let's hope these are the same if they decide to skip UK & Europe.
But WB still release the newer CW shows like Arrowverse & Supernatural here still so there's hope.

• Thanks
Believe it or not I've not seen a single episode of this, don't know if it's good or not. I may watch a couple of episodes to see if I like it or not.
I saw a couple of episodes season 1 only I think when I was a kid.
I still remember that cool Intro song SAVE ME by Remy Zero, think this was around the same time Prison Break and Lost came out.
Had a crush on Kristin Kreuk back then who plays Lana.:drool:

Gonna buy it cause of nostalgic reasons

Reactions: Lone Crusader
Believe it or not I've not seen a single episode of this, don't know if it's good or not. I may watch a couple of episodes to see if I like it or not.
I can beat that, I never watched it until about 4 years ago.
When it release I thought it was like a One Tree Hill type of thing.
The "Smallville" part never clicked with me:shipped:
Anyway I absolutely loved it, the first couple of episodes you could tell are early stuff but it gets better, Michael Rosenbaum is hands down the best Lex I've seen and his rivalry with his father played by John Glover is fantastic.
The whole cast is great, and if you like 2000's music the whole series is littered with great songs from that era that are used very well.
you'll also be surprised by who shows up in the series too.
They also do some funny stuff with Clark getting his powers, you'll love what sets off his heat vision :shipped:
Plus Lana & Lois :drool:
I don't think they could of got a better cast.

Last edited:
Gonna wait until I see some more images of the final product
I assume it is just gonna be a outer box and inside each season in a standard blue scanavo bluray case.

If they made a digibook for each season all inside a STURDY outer case, Smallville title in red shiny metallic foil, his eyes also a shiny metallic effect.
Removed the Blue bar that says bluray on the outer case.
and perhaps a booklet with all the cast members, and loads of images.

perhaps a extra disc for all the bonus features, interviews and the cast reunion etc.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Reactions: 3Maters
This pic is making the rounds on twitter
Hope it's legit cause this is way better what they did with supernatural View attachment 518088
Pretty much what I expected and said earlier, cheap thin cardboard case and standard scanavo....ugh not worth the money gonna wait till it drops below 100$ which I am sure it will.

Also I have to disagree that it's better than the supernatural box set.
The set looks better than this also has a nice case and comes with a booklet.
If this doesnt come with at least a 100 page booklet I am gonna be pissed.
So far all I am seeing is a cardboard sleeve most likely, and a bunch of standard scanavo cases....oh but wait there is a bonus disc....pfft I need a giant booklet with it and a hard box casing
here is an image of the supernatural set for comparison.

Attachments

• supernatural-box-set-1256223.jpeg
    supernatural-box-set-1256223.jpeg
    96.7 KB · Views: 79
Pretty much what I expected and said earlier, cheap thin cardboard case and standard scanavo....ugh not worth the money gonna wait till it drops below 100$ which I am sure it will.

Also I have to disagree that it's better than the supernatural box set.
The set looks better than this also has a nice case and comes with a booklet.
If this doesnt come with at least a 100 page booklet I am gonna be pissed.
So far all I am seeing is a cardboard sleeve most likely, and a bunch of standard scanavo cases....oh but wait there is a bonus disc....pfft I need a giant booklet with it and a hard box casing
here is an image of the supernatural set for comparison.
I'm aware what the Supernatural set looks like because I own it, several seasons stuffed into multiple jumbo amarays.. UK version has identical blue discs, US version at the very least has different colour discs to distinguish the seasons. The amaray cases all have identical front artwork and a random screenshot from one of the couple of seasons it holds on the back. Just minimum effort really

Atleast with the Smallville one, if this picture is accurate.. Has an individual case for each season with its own synopsis and art work. Okay, it won't be anything that wasn't on the dvd releases but still looks better than the Supernatural one in my opinion

• Informative
I'm gonna wait until it drops in price too , but just because I've never seen it before.
For me Smallville is the best show CW has produced, hope you will like it once you start binge watching it.

I'm aware what the Supernatural set looks like because I own it, several seasons stuffed into multiple jumbo amarays.. UK version has identical blue discs, US version at the very least has different colour discs to distinguish the seasons. The amaray cases all have identical front artwork and a random screenshot from one of the couple of seasons it holds on the back. Just minimum effort really

Atleast with the Smallville one, if this picture is accurate.. Has an individual case for each season with its own synopsis and art work. Okay, it won't be anything that wasn't on the dvd releases but still looks better than the Supernatural one in my opinion
Had no idea it was a random screenshot:dizzy:
Supernatural for me season 1 - 5 is where it ends, seasons after that were pure sh*t.

Still I think 180$ is way too high for the smallville set, so let's hope the price is gonna come down for them standard scanavo cases set :shipped:

For me Smallville is the best show CW has produced, hope you will like it once you start binge watching it.

Had no idea it was a random screenshot:dizzy:
Supernatural for me season 1 - 5 is where it ends, seasons after that were pure sh*t.

Still I think 180$ is way too high for the smallville set, so let's hope the price is gonna come down for them standard scanavo cases set :shipped:
Yeah, they just selected a random still from an episode and put it on the back. But when you've got 2 or 3 seasons in a case it's not really representative of what the case holds.

To be honest, I know WB are capable of putting out decent boxsets for seasons. X Files had similar packaging but each season had its own case, for what they're charging for Supernatural and the success of the show running for 15 years.. You'd have thought it would've got better treatment.

I just hope Smallville gets the treatment it deserves as it's probably my favourite show ever.

Attachments

• FE8-C8-A82-75-D5-4039-AE46-B1-DA66-FC74-D6.jpg
    FE8-C8-A82-75-D5-4039-AE46-B1-DA66-FC74-D6.jpg
    364.5 KB · Views: 61