Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £24.99
Notes: UHD Disc only

ezgif-3-75fdecc2adee.jpg
ezgif-3-e21d6fbb541d.jpg ezgif-3-d23c1adda915.jpg
ezgif-3-e45e2b265d08.jpg

ezgif-3-2d2bdbaf582e.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought this had embossing, as it has a raised design, as opposed to the opposite debossing. You can feel the embossing clearly. Is this not the case on yours?
Looks to me like the title is embossed as (if) it's on the same level as the main body of the steelbook and while not a regular rectangular frame the buckle rim provides a rather unique and interesting frame/border
1626274527530.png

While the embossing on SMOKEY is not as obvious as on GANG RELATED for example ...
1626272582128.png

... it does looks different to the debossed BAD BOYS and HOT FUZZ police badges
1626273009272.png
1626311099202.png

With RIGHTEOUS KILL you get the best of both worlds - debossed title and embossed badge and number ...
1626273233548.png

... but the best way to avoid confusion is to have more steels like MOJIN where the debossing is separate from the embossing
1626275606411.png

Reactions: jasong
Mine arrived today. I was expecting embossing as promised. Instead we get barely visible debossing on a few small parts of the belt. Can't even really make it out it that's shallow. It has to be the worse debossing attempt I've ever seen. I've seen better on slipcovers. It's annoying that Embossing STILL gets confused with Debossing. Which is what we were told this would have from someone in the industry.......

And for that price no BD disc either. Disappointing AF....... (n)
Said it before, but technically I don't think there's such a thing as embossing when it comes to steels... the border is the same height/level a flat steel would be, and so it's actually just the inner part that's debossed. Obviously that's beyond the point though and I completely agree distributors need to scratch up on their descriptions as to not mislead/disappoint collectors, which is becoming more and more of a regular thing unfortunately.

Reactions: BluSteel2012
Got my copy today, not crazy about the finished but disappointed it didn’t have the blu ray, my mistake probably since I didn’t check for the content, oh well you win some you loose some I guess.

Said it before, but technically I don't think there's such a thing as embossing when it comes to steels... the border is the same height/level a flat steel would be, and so it's actually just the inner part that's debossed. Obviously that's beyond the point though and I completely agree distributors need to scratch up on their descriptions as to not mislead/disappoint collectors, which is becoming more and more of a regular thing unfortunately.
There has been a few I believe.
3 amigos was one that was actually embossed I'm pretty sure.
@Wreck or someone else cleverer than me may know more

• Informative
Reactions: Noodles
I would personally say the title is embossed. The part where the oval badge has a debossed edge then it’s no different to a border on a standard embossed steelbook. It’s just they’ve used a different shape for that border... the badge. So yeah I’d say the title is actually embossed. That’s the part that’s raised in that area

Reactions: jasong and howarmat
Similar interesting frame on A BUG'S LIFE ...

1626566824244.png

... where the few embossed parts can be seen circled in this pic from Sinthetic.

As for 3 AMIGOS: embossed bullet holes most unusual as I'm more used to seeing them debossed such as on the front of PLANET TERROR:-
1626568728287.png

Last edited:
yeah 3 amigos and gang related always come to mind.

I dont think its possible in the US factory tho as when I told the NA scanavo rep of those 2 titles above when it happened he seemed shocked as if it was possible for them ... so i had to show him they were real. novobox / futurepak does it quite often tho so wasnt a big deal just more or less not often seen as such for steels.

Thanks for the heads up I went ahead and ordered one for that price.