SNES Classic Mini Edition (2017)

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Released: September 29, 2017
Purchase: Amazon US - Amazon UK - Amazon DE - Amazon FR - Amazon IT - Best Buy - Game UK
Price: $79.99 - £79.99 - €99.99

21 Games - Star Fox 2, Super Mario World, Super Metroid, A Link to the Past and more!

US BOX.jpg UK BOX.jpg
US.jpg UK.jpg

Eurogamer are reporting that Nintendo plan to release a SNES Classic Mini Edition, similar to their NES Classic Mini Edition from last year, which proved to be more popular than expected and quickly sold out. They report that development on the device is already underway and is planned for a Christmas (2017) release.

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017-04-19-sources-nintendo-to-launch-snes-mini-this-year

Attachments

• DDQn1xhXsAAq_Im.jpg
    DDQn1xhXsAAq_Im.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 305
Last edited:
Sorry for not tagging you buddy... I basically tagged everyone from the previous NES Mini thread, so either you didn't post in there or maybe I just missed you? Will keep an eye out though mate and tag you if it comes back in stock! Which is your preferred retailer... Amazon UK?

Amazon uk but i think it will not be back in stock. Just like the NES nintendo mini that sold out fast and i missed out.

Only saw this thread yesterday and knew I just had to have one! :woot: Countless hours spent playing this back in the day (esp. Super Mario/Zelda etc :D:joy:). Checked all the links in the OP and saw they were all sold out/no longer available.. :( So today, me and the GF went to my local GAME store and managed to pre-order a console in-store! :oohyeah: Last few remaining according to the cashier but I'm delighted to have secured one :emb: £50 deposit with £30 left to pay upon release :thumbs:

Thanks to @Noodles for all the info :)

Amazon uk but i think it will not be back in stock. Just like the NES nintendo mini that sold out fast and i missed out.
If I remember correctly, it did reappear for a very short time. Just keep checking every chance you get mate and I'll do the same. ;)

Wish I'd known about you missing out on the NES... I originally secured one on Amazon but eventually had to cancel due to low funds. :(

If anyone else reading this considers cancelling their SNES order at any point, then please bare Harry in mind before doing so. Thanks! :)

• Helpful Post
Reactions: harry
@mmz41 @Noodles i order it guys from amazon france. It will be send to a French address of a friend of mine and she will send it to Cyprus.

Thanks guys for the help. I grew up playing this console and i did not want to pay ebay prices

OUCH! :pain: Those who ordered from Walmart, I feel sorry for you! :banghead:

Source: DualShockers
Walmart has sent out cancelation emails to those that attempted to pre-order an SNES Classic Edition from the retailer last week, when the console surprisingly showed up late last Friday for pre-order online.

However, Walmart has since confirmed in its email that “due to a technical glitch,” the system was “mistakenly made available” during that brief period last Friday, as echoed by Walmart’s customer support over the past few days. In the email, Walmart explained that orders for the system will be canceled, and that those that paid with a credit card will have the charges voided, or refunded if paid with a gift card or PayPal account.

While there’s no hard confirmation about the extent of the cancellation as emails have only gone out recently, more likely than not it seems Walmart is set to cancel a high amount of the pre-orders from last Friday (if not all of them) until the system is officially ready to pre-order ahead of its release this fall.
snes walmart email.jpg

:mad:

I'd like to own one - but I'm not playing this ridiculous game to get one.
Furthermore- i actually DON'T want to give my money to any company that would purposely do this.
It's not like this is PS5.