snsguy's Wonderful World Of HT next gen.......

snsguy

Ninja with a Hook
Premium Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
Hendersonville, TN
I've been talking about and posted a few pics since we've bought our new home and I've been working on our dedicated HT. It's been going on for over 2 months now. It's getting there but there are a few things that still need to be done. I decided to create a separate thread of my next gen. HT so there is no confusion and you guys can see more of what's happening. Excuse some of the photos because some were taken with a cell phone and I can't keep my hands still. So here....we..... go..

This is what the room originally looked like when we first bought the house.

aa_zpsc30540c9.jpg

2a_zpsd5a6f64a.jpg

It's really hard to tell from the pictures but the room is 15x15 with a cubby whole area that is 3x3 and angles to be about 5 feet tall. That is where the components are being held and a bench area that is another 3x3 area that goes all the way to the ceiling which is where the window is. It's an angled wall to ceiling room which makes it a bit difficult to work with but I'm making it work.

Construction of the room:

My kid brother, not really but I call him that, helping me out painting the room.

2_zpsed896dee.jpg

I removed the closet doors to place my Besta's in to hold my memorabilia in which you will see later on.

4_zps462ceead.jpg

We ended up using a very dark rich purple, which I call the Joker purple and a medium to dark grey that has a tint of blue in it and maybe even a green. I was not at all expecting to pick a purple but the more and more I thought about it that's the color I wanted it to be.

3_zps427a901e.jpg

Putting the Besta's together and fitting them into the closets.

5_zpse736c9be.jpg

As you can see it has progressed a lot. I painted the molding around the window and the seat area the same purple as the wall. I then covered the window with a black out curtain by stapling just around the edge of the molding holding it snug all the way around the parimeter. Then I took a piece of insulation panel that somehow made over here from our old apartment, lucky me :scat:, which I then covered in another black out curtain then placed it over the window which slid partially into the window. Doing that has made the room pitch black and has helped deaden the higher frequencies so it's not heard outside. Which means I can play it a lot louder. :LOL: It's also great that our neighbors homes are next but one is somewhat further up towards the road and the other down. So far no complaints and when I tested it all that was heard was a slight rumble. Once I was at the end of the drive barely anything was heard! :scat:

3_zps79281093.jpg

6_zps822f5c86.jpg

7_zpsd981836c.jpg

2_zps144c7138.jpg

Only some things are where they will be permanently at right now. I have a lot lying around and out of the way until everything major is where it will remain and then I finish up the decorating. The front sound stage has a whole lot more room to breathe compared to the old apartment. Since I moved all the components to the cubby it looks much cleaner. I used an IR receiver to control all the components by aiming my remote just as before. I got rid of the spine on the tv stand and installed the tv's original stand so I can have it closer to the wall. The spine hindered that with the angled wall.

20130701_223826_zps14adc1f3.jpg

These chairs are freakin' comfortable! They are very big recliner rockers. :scat: Did you see what I did there. :D We have a Lazboy recliner couch, that we had at the apartment which resides in our living room right now, and the three of them together is a couple feet longer and about 3 to 4 ft. wider. I am still working with some ambient lighting for the posters. I can't install ceiling lights because of how the ceiling is and what's above a ceiling. Unless you a 4 year old or a tiny midget you can't get over the ceiling. So I'm trying some stuff that still looks cool and is out of site. The granny blanket isn't staying. :hilarious:

seats_zps0d1d79e8.jpg

4_zps24ead178.jpg

As you can see yet again it's very hard to take pictures in the room. I wish I could take larger photos but it is what it is. I still have a lot of stuff to do on this side of the room. There was no way to run cable through walls or through the ceiling so I was forced to hide it with raceway. I hated having to do it but I think with some paint it won't be so noticable. I think that the steelbook towers are probably going to stay where they are but you never no. You can finally see the cubby area that I've been talking about in the far right. They have very thick and durable wire shelves in there now which I'll keep for now, but eventually I want to do something else. I will be covering up a lot of that area also. I'm still trying some ideas with that to. If you look at the ceiling where the angled part of the wall meets it you can see that I put up some molding. That entire area where it meets was waving all over the place and not straight at all. I put the molding up so it covered that up and made it straight. It helps finish off the room nicely as well I think. :D

door_zpsa148b713.jpg

front_zps504381f7.jpg

2_zps144c7138.jpg

main_zpsd8f7dbad.jpg

20130706_221451_resized_2_zps28fd8a1c.jpg

20130703_234255_zps225857c3.jpg

20130624_180809_resized_zps6d16af93.jpg

Our New Home Theater Room: :oohyeah::LOL::oohyeah:

The hallway entrance hasn't been completed yet. We still need to paint it, light fixture replaced with a newer one and I'll be changing things around a bit with posters, pictures, wall hangings ect.

Walk-in-1_zps02967eec.jpg

Walk-in-2_zpsfa0d6863.jpg

walk-in-3_zps1c88e0e1.jpg

entrance_zpse7000a55.jpg

In-Room-1_zps549684bd.jpg

Inside-memorabilia-2_zps41225d04.jpg

In-Room-front_zps771f16c1.jpg

inside-prop-chest-2_zpsb85accdf.jpg

sparky_zps996e05c4.jpg

tron-screen-2_zpsb0c5553d.jpg

oblivion-shot_zps177a4285.jpg

bane-2_zps883476ba.jpg

In-Room-door-tv_zps3c765577.jpg

In-Room-door-2_zps74f3bf93.jpg

ceiling-2_zps1a64aaf6.jpg

In-Room-chairs_zps6011af91.jpg

In-Room-Stand_zpscc3dbce7.jpg

Victor-says-one-more-2_zps9639552e.jpg

Our Components

The Marantz SR5003 in all it's glory. It's a totally different world when you finally hear clear HD audio.

50098_full_zps87b2dc9e.jpg

Oppo BDP-83 Blu-pray player. It's a thing of beauty. We never knew how good our Pioneer Kuro could look until we got this thing. It replace our Panasonic BDP-55 which eventually stopped reading most our blu-ray's after a year and a half. We had problems with the machine a couple of months after we got it. Sent it in for repairs and exactly a year later started doing the same thing. Sent it in to square Trade got a refund for it and bought the Oppo 83. It's really fast and easy to use. With our Pioneer Kuro, it makes one beautiful picture.

56427_full_zps222aa24d.jpg

X-BOX 360 S. This machine is much cooler then the last version of the XBOX 360. Mine finally died for the second time after getting the dreaded "rings of death". :angry: I'm interested in the new one coming out but not in a hurry to jump in on it.

78749_full_zps125fe6e5.jpg

APC H15 Power conditioner. Made a huge difference with the picture on our tv. I know that sounds crazy but even my wife noticed the difference. This has kept our equipment safe.

apc_zps3f69764b.jpg

I hope you enjoyed it! Keep checking back for changes and updates! :D

If you want to see my all my memorabilia up close you can see it here

Attachments

• 1a_zpsbabfb2cc.jpg
    1a_zpsbabfb2cc.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 342
Last edited:
Other than everything, I especially love the hallway walk in setup with the posters and the movie folder. I'd prob would like to do something similar but single movie per page or more, kinda like a coffee table book

Thanks for sharing, love reading about and seeing these transformations :thumbs:
You have done a great job.
One day I wish to do my own cinema room, we have the loft just not the money or time, when my son grows up hopefully he can help me :)