Solo: A Star Wars Story (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 9, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order August 29 at 7 AM for Red Carpet, 9 AM for general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99

D1CB372A-4EB9-4A5D-8A83-406BDC3021B1.jpeg

267BFE2C-E409-4984-9E97-206A8E9CE0E3.jpeg
BF81AC85-AEB2-4F8A-BD37-292BFA65E9FC.jpeg
298051FE-BB01-48AB-BBA5-69AC3F1941CE.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
FINALLY my mint replacement copy turned up today .... only 3 days delivery.
Thank god my saga is finally over , bye bye Zavvi.
Not got mine yet - postie's just gone past. Allegedly dispatched on Tuesday. If it doesn't come on Monday, then I will seriously start to think that one has gone missing as well! :(

Reactions: kingkarl1967
Lol they’ve been doing it a few years

Stop your fibbing lol. The price has always been on there for customs purposes but they just started putting the title of the steelbooks on the package during the summer at some point after the Star Wars titles started shipping.

Stop your fibbing lol. The price has always been on there for customs purposes but they just started putting the title of the steelbooks on the package during the summer at some point after the Star Wars titles started shipping.

Price maybe but the name has been on there longer than this summer. I remember you mentioning it this year but I replied to that at the time saying they’ve been doing that a while. I noticed it last year or the year before. Anyway, it’s very weird and I don’t understand why they do it with the title

Thankfully i ordered replacement when stock got refreshed. Zavvi have stated this for my lost item:

"Thank you for confirming that information.

Regrettably, I think we need to class this parcel as lost in the post. We will investigate the delivery further with our courier team and in the meantime, I am more than happy to arrange a refund as we have no stock for a replacement.

This has been requested and will be refunded back to your original payment method and usually takes 3-5 working days.

If there is anything else that we can do then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards, "

Hi Thomas we are getting more stock to replace those lost so I can order one for you if you prefer, but have no confirmed date as yet? Thanks Calvin

What an **** show is this becoming lol

Price maybe but the name has been on there longer than this summer. I remember you mentioning it this year but I replied to that at the time saying they’ve been doing that a while. I noticed it last year or the year before. Anyway, it’s very weird and I don’t understand why they do it with the title

OK you're right. I guess my memory of things is changing quicker than it used to.

Re-watching a lot of movies recently that I saw only once before between 8 and 10 years ago I'm finding a lot of times that plots don't unfold the way I remember. Some characters don't do the things I thought they did (turns out it was different characters than I remember - the killer in "88 Minutes" was not who I remembered it to be - that was strange!)

And I thought I remembered that the titles weren't on the packages before but it turns out that I only noticed it when Star Wars: A New Hope was released and you did indeed mention at the time that the titles had been there for years. :confused:

It turns out it was somebody else that replied that they hadn't noticed it before either.

My apologies. :bag: :LOL:

Reactions: Flloydo
OK you're right. I guess my memory of things is changing quicker than it used to.

Re-watching a lot of movies recently that I saw only once before between 8 and 10 years ago I'm finding a lot of times that plots don't unfold the way I remember. Some characters don't do the things I thought they did (turns out it was different characters than I remember - the killer in "88 Minutes" was not who I remembered it to be - that was strange!)

And I thought I remembered that the titles weren't on the packages before but it turns out that I only noticed it when Star Wars: A New Hope was released and you did indeed mention at the time that the titles had been there for years. :confused:

It turns out it was somebody else that replied that they hadn't noticed it before either.

My apologies. :bag: :LOL:

What was weird is no one had mentioned it prior to that. Not even myself and when I see you first mention It I even said to myself i was going to mention this ages ago but kept forgetting lol

Reactions: Stygian
I think they need to stop putting the name of the film/ steelbook and price on the shipping label. I find it so weird and I’ve never known any other company to do that.
Really p!sses me off
Unless I've misunderstood, are you saying it's possibly postal workers that are stealing them when so many have apparently 'gone missing' like in this instance of Solo, because the name of the item and value is on the package? Moreso than it's just zavvi that have likely mislabeled them or something at dispatch, given the reports of some people receiving multiple copies when only ordering the one? Just curious what you meant. :)

Title been printed on Zavvi parcels a good while now it was back in 2019 at least possibly even before this but most just simply not notice it
Previous to this it had listed as Blu-ray merchandise

Price has to be on the shipping label when Zavvi ship orders from Guernsey as that is not a UK or EU country and is why you see the CN22 label
Description of goods is also required to be listed on packaging with a CN 22 label
Some retailers list DVD/Blu-ray merchandise or actual name of product

Royal Mail Website Describe each item e.g. ‘Men’s cotton shirt’. Generic descriptions such as ‘clothes’ are not acceptable.

Which countries need a customs declaration form?
Any country not in the list of EU countries above, including:

• Channel Islands – Jersey, Guernsey, Alderney, Herm and Sark
  • Andorra
  • Canary Islands
  • Gibraltar
  • San Marino
  • Vatican City State
I’m sending mail to the Channel Islands. Do I need to complete a customs declaration form?
Yes, if you’re sending any goods or gifts to these destinations.

This includes Jersey, Guernsey, Alderney, Herm and Sark.

Reactions: Stygian and Flloydo
Hi Thomas we are getting more stock to replace those lost so I can order one for you if you prefer, but have no confirmed date as yet? Thanks Calvin

What an **** show is this becoming lol

If this helps, when they released and quickly sold out Jaws, mine was received like it had been run over by a truck. When I contacted Zavvi I got that exact same line - they will be getting more stock but they can't confirm a date when that stock will be available. I told them I'd wait and I got a dispatch notice within the week.

I think that response is actually good news because it means they recognize what's happening and are having more made so they can provide replacements (and probably sell more).

Unless I've misunderstood, are you saying it's possibly postal workers that are stealing them when so many have apparently 'gone missing' like in this instance of Solo, because the name of the item and value is on the package? Moreso than it's just zavvi that have likely mislabeled them or something at dispatch, given the reports of some people receiving multiple copies when only ordering the one? Just curious what you meant. :)

No no I don’t think that’s the case at all, This is clearly all zavvi with duplicate labels. (I’ve got 6 items on the way to me that should of been here Thursday or yesterday and still nothing and now I fear this has happened to me again - it’s happening too much and the first ever missing item in 10 years was phantom menace plus so many are receiving duplicates that it’s clear it’s zavvi that are f**king up) but it can happen. Stuff does go missing due to thieves. Thieves can work wherever. It just really annoys me that they print it all on the label. Plus you might live with someone that you have to lie about what your actually spending lol. I get caught out all the time. “I thought you already owned this film” lol..... yeah it’s different art though :bag:

I got this answer from zavvi today:

Andrew
at 15:24, Nov 29:
So we removed this item off our website due to this item being investigated so we do have a large quantity of stock for customers replacements :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Steely-Booked
I got this answer from zavvi today:

Andrew
at 15:24, Nov 29:
So we removed this item off our website due to this item being investigated so we do have a large quantity of stock for customers replacements :)
i got this answer from zavvi.de today:
translation:

.....This product is currently sold out, so we need to process a refund for you.
This should be returned to your credit card account in 3-5 working days.
We apologize for the inconvenience.

• Wow
Reactions: Steely-Booked