Solo: A Star Wars Story (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 9, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order August 29 at 7 AM for Red Carpet, 9 AM for general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99

D1CB372A-4EB9-4A5D-8A83-406BDC3021B1.jpeg

267BFE2C-E409-4984-9E97-206A8E9CE0E3.jpeg
BF81AC85-AEB2-4F8A-BD37-292BFA65E9FC.jpeg
298051FE-BB01-48AB-BBA5-69AC3F1941CE.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
So you’re paying £99.99 for this from the original retailer? Wow
No, if you pay £99.99 for this then more fool you.
It’s marked at this price as those whose orders got lost from the initial run have received codes to order again at the original price.
Retailers did the very same thing with the Xbox Series X & PS5 releases, marked it at £2000 & then sent discount codes to those who had preordered in store to have it shipped to their home address.

Reactions: paulboland
So you’re paying £99.99 for this from the original retailer? Wow
The £99.99 is to stop scaplers purchasing
The stock found as to where that came from is a different matter it might been lost post returned to Zavvi or might be some of the stock now been used in France/Germany been allocated to UK
The steelbook is the same
All that is needed is Disney UK to add jcard and discs

Zavvi sent out a email to those that previosuly ordered and did not get delivery and was given a refund instead a chance to now purchase
In that email was a code to reduce price to £29.99

For those that use the code the price that will be marked on parcel in regards to custums is the amount paid cost of goods+ postage
As in Total price = £29.99+ Postage

Reactions: Dirk69
The stock found as to where that came from is a different matter it might been lost post returned to Zavvi or might be some of the stock now been used in France/Germany been allocated to UK
The steelbook is the same
All that is needed is Disney UK to add jcard and discs
Techically this Steelbook would be different as this would need to be a 3 disc tray holder to house the 4K. Euro release only has 2 discs (no 4K)......

All of my Star Wars steelbooks were shipped to the US for free. It changed sometime in November, I think.
That was those that used Zavvi USA website to order from who got free shipping on Steelbooks

It was not the same on the other Zavvi country websites

Zavvi Germany/Zavvi UK etc you did not get free shipping on Steelbooks for international delivery since about 3 years now
Shipping cost varies depending on delivery country
Customers based in UK stopped getting free shipping on steelbooks once red carpet subscription was launched
Those customers based in UK using Zavvi UK that did not subscribe to red carpet they now have to pay £1.99 shipping on steelbooks

Some customers in UK and other countries now use a discount code when it's available to use to get free shipping but is only to the value of £1.99 (€2.29) off shipping price

Example shipping to Rep of Ireland is €4.49
Free shipping discount code only reduces that by €2.29 to €2.20

A lot of international countries involves paying for shipping and shipping cost varies by small amount to a lot

Just because you had free shipping on steelbooks by using Zavvi USA website it was not the same with the other Zavvi language/currency websites

That was those that used Zavvi USA website to order from who got free shipping on Steelbooks

It was not the same on the other Zavvi country websites

Zavvi Germany/Zavvi UK etc you did not get free shipping on Steelbooks for international delivery since about 3 years now
Shipping cost varies depending on delivery country
Customers based in UK stopped getting free shipping on steelbooks once red carpet subscription was launched
Those customers based in UK using Zavvi UK that did not subscribe to red carpet they now have to pay £1.99 shipping on steelbooks

Some customers in UK and other countries now use a discount code when it's available to use to get free shipping but is only to the value of £1.99 (€2.29) off shipping price

Example shipping to Rep of Ireland is €4.49
Free shipping discount code only reduces that by €2.29 to €2.20

A lot of international countries involves paying for shipping and shipping cost varies by small amount to a lot

Just because you had free shipping on steelbooks by using Zavvi USA website it was not the same with the other Zavvi language/currency websites
But the start of this was someone who was talking about it being free prior to 2021, which likely means he’/she is in the US. The key was that there was a recent change. For those place where things didn’t change it’s not relevant.

But the start of this was someone who was talking about it being free prior to 2021, which likely means he’/she is in the US. The key was that there was a recent change. For those place where things didn’t change it’s not relevant.
Majority of Zavvi customers don't use Zavvi USA website they use Zavvi UK or Zavvi Germany etc
Free shipping with Steelbook for international customers was about 3 years ago after this shipping you had to pay.
Members used a discount code to get free shipping when code worked and only discounted shipping cost by £1.99
Customers based in UK shipping cost is £1.99
So that is why the code only reduces shipping by £1.99

UK based customers lost free shipping on steelbooks with Zavvi UK in August 2019 unless they subscribed to Red Carpet.

Zavvi USA website was not supposed to have free shipping with Steelbooks anyway that was an error.

This why you often see posted in past few years members post any free shipping discount code working.

Free shipping discount code now only works on instock items not pre orders since November 2020.
That code when works only reduces shipping cost by £1.99

International shipping cost varies depending on delivery country address.

Example shipping cost to Republic of Ireland is €4.49
A discount code £1.99(€2.29) when works reduces that to €2.20

Shipping discount code still works but only for instock items not pre orders.
That is what changed in November 2020

What is with Zavvi. I contact them about shipping my copies and include my current address. What's their reply? What's your order number. WTF is wrong with these people?

1. This isn't the first time I've contacted them
2. This isn't the first time they've asked me for my address (it may even be the 3rd)
3. Do they not have access to my account and to old messages (which they closed out, despite not being resolved).

Just pathetic. I really don't get how they can't just look in their CRM software and get that info.

Reactions: DMD4k
What is with Zavvi. I contact them about shipping my copies and include my current address. What's their reply? What's your order number. WTF is wrong with these people?

1. This isn't the first time I've contacted them
2. This isn't the first time they've asked me for my address (it may even be the 3rd)
3. Do they not have access to my account and to old messages (which they closed out, despite not being resolved).

Just pathetic. I really don't get how they can't just look in their CRM software and get that info.
Yep. Had that too. Hair pullingly frustrating!

What's the point of opening a conversation about a problem when a). They never read over the previous messages.

And b). You're always dealing with someone different and have to explain everything to them again from scratch. It's soul crushing!!

To the surprise of absolutely no one, these have breezed past Zavvi's "dispatch within 48 hours" promise.
I ordered last Friday, no movement since.

F*cking Zavvi.
On 26 December, I ordered 2 in-stock items marked as available for dispatch within 24 hours. They weren't dispatched until 4th January, with estimated delivery 6th-7th January. I received them both on 15th January. However, I can't really put the blame for the 11 day delivery from dispatch at the feet of Zavvi, though, as we all know that Royal Mail in the UK have had horrendous backlogs over the Christmas period. On Monday 4th January, for example, I received two birthday cards and one Christmas card that had all been posted before Christmas (my birthday falls between Christmas and New Year, BTW).