Solo: A Star Wars Story (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 9, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order August 29 at 7 AM for Red Carpet, 9 AM for general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99

D1CB372A-4EB9-4A5D-8A83-406BDC3021B1.jpeg

267BFE2C-E409-4984-9E97-206A8E9CE0E3.jpeg
BF81AC85-AEB2-4F8A-BD37-292BFA65E9FC.jpeg
298051FE-BB01-48AB-BBA5-69AC3F1941CE.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
They're not white but the exposed metal of the steelbook with glossy finish, it looks nearly chromed.

Fair enough - either way I bought the Ep4 steelbook and once it was in hand thought it looked ugly. The weird purple outline on the bland Star Wars logo and the light coloured border make it look cheap imo, not to mention the lack of embossing etc. Ended up cancelling the lot but might buy this as I haven't actually purchased it before (...whereas I've bought the other SW movies countless times already)

Also this is probably my favourite Disney era SW movie, hot take

Fair enough - either way I bought the Ep4 steelbook and once it was in hand thought it looked ugly. The weird purple outline on the bland Star Wars logo and the light coloured border make it look cheap imo, not to mention the lack of embossing etc. Ended up cancelling the lot but might buy this as I haven't actually purchased it before (...whereas I've bought the other SW movies countless times already)

Also this is probably my favourite Disney era SW movie, hot take

At least titles on the spines are white and not the bright colors seen on the standard releases.

I don't expect this to be any more popular than Rogue One. Perhaps even less so since this already has a 4K steelbook and Rogue One is just getting a steelbook for the first time.

I don't expect this to be any more popular than Rogue One. Perhaps even less so since this already has a 4K steelbook and Rogue One is just getting a steelbook for the first time.

Yeah but the solo WWA is pretty crappy and rogue one got a blufans release and this didn’t (plus the rogue one WWA is much better than solo). And this was the art that everyone was hoping on blufans using

I still expect these 2 to sell out soon. Rise might take while because it literally got released this year as well as a collectors set, and it’s got a great WWA steel and a great looking steel in this wave. Rogue one is 4 years old now and solo is 2. Some films are getting re released in SteelBooks less than a year since their first steelbook releases. And a lot of those sell out at times

there’s already a illustrated steelbook for birds of prey for example. Guarantee that sells out when they start to go live and that was only released this year too

Reactions: Stygian
Can UK preorder on US site?

Edit: managed it, added to basket on us site, went back on uk site and it was in basket ready for checkout. Sorted! FREEAC code worked too.
Thanks for this, now I can sleep in. How absurd is this whole system? Why would Zavvi expect anyone to buy Red Carpet?

Thanks for this, now I can sleep in. How absurd is this whole system? Why would Zavvi expect anyone to buy Red Carpet?

tbf, red carpet is automatic free shipping on anything meaning you can use a discount code for In stock items or very quickly on pre orders. So if you buy more than 10 items a year it pays for itself.

If you use the free shipping code when in another country then you’ll never be able to use a discount code because you can only input one code per order. So for those benefits RC is fine.

but the whole making these RC pre orders for UK only but then the US can order at the same time is ridiculous

Reactions: Majorasblaze
Wake up a stupid o clock to order this to find out it's already live and no codes working

So much for RC rubbish

Ordered

None of the links are working, here or on the site. Well done Zavvi.

Apparently it was up for most of the night & I guess they have taken it down.

Usual Zavvi cluster F!

Last edited:
None of the links are working, here or on the site. Well done Zavvi.

Apparently it was up for most of the night & I guess they have taken it down.

Usual Zavvi cluster F!
It’s on the US site. Might wanna login to it., put it in your cart, then switch to the UK site (assuming your’e in the UK).