Solo: A Star Wars Story (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 9, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order August 29 at 7 AM for Red Carpet, 9 AM for general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99

D1CB372A-4EB9-4A5D-8A83-406BDC3021B1.jpeg

267BFE2C-E409-4984-9E97-206A8E9CE0E3.jpeg
BF81AC85-AEB2-4F8A-BD37-292BFA65E9FC.jpeg
298051FE-BB01-48AB-BBA5-69AC3F1941CE.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think people forget that they have to ask these questions. Does a neighbour have it, did a family member or someone you live with take delivery. And asking to confirm order numbers and name etc on twitter is GDPR. I’ve worked in many CS and these are standard questions otherwise you can’t continue the conversation (on things like twitter they have to ask if the gap is longer than 7 days since you last spoke to them)

The worst part of it all is it’s clearly a label duplicate thing with zavvis side. So they shouldn’t really be investigating with the Royal Mail however, even so, some will go missing in the post so full investigations with their own warehouse and RM are needed in this particular situation

Reactions: Stygian
I think people forget that they have to ask these questions. Does a neighbour have it, did a family member or someone you live with take delivery. And asking to confirm order numbers and name etc on twitter is GDPR. I’ve worked in many CS and these are standard questions otherwise you can’t continue the conversation (on things like twitter they have to ask if the gap is longer than 7 days since you last spoke to them)

The worst part of it all is it’s clearly a label duplicate thing with zavvis side. So they shouldn’t really be investigating with the Royal Mail however, even so, some will go missing in the post so full investigations with their own warehouse and RM are needed in this particular situation
Correct. A bit like when you call an IT support function and they ask seemingly 'stupid' questions like "have you got it plugged in?", but you'd be surprised at the number of people who would find that their computer had been unplugged by their cleaner or OH in order to plug the hoover in, for example!

Correct. A bit like when you call an IT support function and they ask seemingly 'stupid' questions like "have you got it plugged in?", but you'd be surprised at the number of people who would find that their computer had been unplugged by their cleaner or OH in order to plug the hoover in, for example!

I’ve worked in many offices and you’d be surprised how many times this happens on at least a weekly basis. Especially offices with high turnovers of employees like contact centres and customer service. Sometimes IT aren’t available on the phone so they come to your desk after getting a message. wastes their time coming to the desk, oh it unplugged lol

and yeah the cleaner thing with the Hoover happens all the time too

What zavvi need to do is only use fully tracked shipping until there is minimun reports of orders not been delivered
It can still happen when in transit due to postal carrier mistakes but usually that is only a very small % when that happens.

When it's hundreds of orders of one item in particular then there is a issue at how the warehouse processing of orders is been done.

Zavvi Management need to check warehouse process in regards to how orders are picked/packed and then shipped
There is also possible security issues with staff that need looking into as there is a number of ways stock control systems can be compromised

With Covid-19 it's possible there is less security checks in place at the moment and some Management working from home instead of been at the warehouse to monitor staff

All orders needs to be tracked from picking stage at warehouse to delivery stage

If done correctly Zavvi could find out which zavvi staff member picked an order and what staff member done the shipping of an order
If proper tracking is in place you can find if a mistake has been done or if any staff members has been naughty

Reactions: Stygian
ah this is great! i can finally get a decent copy of return of the jedi
You hope! Three things will need to fall in to place:
  1. You're able to get your order in nice and quick before they sell out again (likely to be very limited quantities).
  2. They actually send the item to you (and not to someone else) and it doesn't get lost in transit (like Solo for many people).
  3. It arrived undamaged.
Having said that, I wish you all the best and hope you manage to get one ok!

• Haha
Reactions: a_o
You hope! Three things will need to fall in to place:
  1. You're able to get your order in nice and quick before they sell out again (likely to be very limited quantities).
  2. They actually send the item to you (and not to someone else) and it doesn't get lost in transit (like Solo for many people).
  3. It arrived undamaged.
Having said that, I wish you all the best and hope you manage to get one ok!

really i just need the front metal to be undamaged, then pop it off and put it on my other copy that has a dumb dent in it.

They’ve all come back in stock at some point after release and not sold out quickly. It’s only solo, last Jedi and rise that haven’t so the numbers should still be big for them going live again.

Well the bastards had better replace all the missing orders before they put Solo back on general sale !
Agreed. That's probably why they started panicking on Friday when they realised quite how many claims for replacements they were getting (despite many members on here warning them that this was a general issue affecting many, not just a few).

Reactions: kingkarl1967
Following multiple messages back and forth via the Zavvi app where I had to tell them that there's no way a neighbour or family member has taken delivery of my steelbook I get the below email this morning.

"Thanks for getting in touch about Solo: A Star Wars Story – Zavvi Exclusive 4K Ultra HD Steelbook

Sorry, this has not been received, we have a known problem with the Solo: A Star Wars Story – Zavvi Exclusive 4K Ultra HD Steelbook and are currently investigating the issue with dispatch/delivery.

We should have a better understanding of the issue next week when the investigation team report back.

And we do apologise for the problem and frustration this causes.

If there is anything else that we can do, please get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Thanks,

Stuart"

I've had problems in the past with products and deliveries from Zavvi but they have always resolved it and given me great customer service.
To be fair I've had worse service from bigger company's that basically didn't give two ***** about my complaint and didn't believe that the goods had gone missing in the post.

Reactions: Shark and Stygian
Following multiple messages back and forth via the Zavvi app where I had to tell them that there's no way a neighbour or family member has taken delivery of my steelbook I get the below email this morning.

"Thanks for getting in touch about Solo: A Star Wars Story – Zavvi Exclusive 4K Ultra HD Steelbook

Sorry, this has not been received, we have a known problem with the Solo: A Star Wars Story – Zavvi Exclusive 4K Ultra HD Steelbook and are currently investigating the issue with dispatch/delivery.

We should have a better understanding of the issue next week when the investigation team report back.

If there is anything else that we can do, please get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Thanks,

Stuart"

I've had problems in the past with products and deliveries from Zavvi but they have always resolved it and given me great customer service.
To be fair I've had worse service from bigger company's that basically didn't give two ***** about my complaint and didn't believe that the goods had gone missing in the post.
The thing is, that problem was becoming apparent after people started reporting they hadn't received it after a few days. Yes, the occasional one will be delayed, but not this many. But they just weren't prepared to investigate until the obligatory 14 days had passed and then - surprise, surprise - they received LOADS of messages from people saying they hadn't received it.

Thanks,

Stuart"

I will say this, despite all the issues I've had with them recently, they have ultimately been resolved by a refund or replacement in reasonable time. I just hope after this latest mess they can finally get on top of whatever is leading to these dispatch problems and more importantly sort out some kind of tracking

Any updates for this yet? Still not received. I'm going to contact Zavvi tomorrow. Bizarre.
When did you receive your dispatch email? For most (if not all) of us it was Friday 6th November, so the 14 days we have to allow for delivery within the UK was up last Friday (20th), so that's when we all contacted Zavvi and they started fobbing some people off by saying they needed to investigate with their couriers first as they were receiving so many enquiries regarding non-delivery!