Solo: A Star Wars Story (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 9, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order August 29 at 7 AM for Red Carpet, 9 AM for general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99

D1CB372A-4EB9-4A5D-8A83-406BDC3021B1.jpeg

267BFE2C-E409-4984-9E97-206A8E9CE0E3.jpeg
BF81AC85-AEB2-4F8A-BD37-292BFA65E9FC.jpeg
298051FE-BB01-48AB-BBA5-69AC3F1941CE.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
When did you receive your dispatch email? For most (if not all) of us it was Friday 6th November, so the 14 days we have to allow for delivery within the UK was up last Friday (20th), so that's when we all contacted Zavvi and they started fobbing some people off by saying they needed to investigate with their couriers first as they were receiving so many enquiries regarding non-delivery!
Yes same here I will be on to them at lunchtime wanting my cash back or a copy sent out recorded , fed up with this bullshit !

Got this reply last night about my copy:

Thanks for getting in touch about Solo: A Star Wars Story – Zavvi Exclusive 4K Ultra HD Steelbook

Sorry, this has not been received, we have a known problem with the Solo: A Star Wars Story – Zavvi Exclusive 4K Ultra HD Steelbook and are currently investigating the issue with dispatch/delivery.

We should have a better understanding of the issue next week when the investigation team report back.

And we do apologise for the problem and frustration this causes.

Got this reply last night about my copy:

Thanks for getting in touch about Solo: A Star Wars Story – Zavvi Exclusive 4K Ultra HD Steelbook

Sorry, this has not been received, we have a known problem with the Solo: A Star Wars Story – Zavvi Exclusive 4K Ultra HD Steelbook and are currently investigating the issue with dispatch/delivery.

We should have a better understanding of the issue next week when the investigation team report back.

Seems to be the standard response at the moment.

Despite the early warnings, it seems that they only took the matter seriously when they received loads of enquiries on Friday (the 14-day anniversary of the despatch emails going out) regarding non-receipt of copies.

Following multiple messages back and forth via the Zavvi app where I had to tell them that there's no way a neighbour or family member has taken delivery of my steelbook I get the below email this morning.

"Thanks for getting in touch about Solo: A Star Wars Story – Zavvi Exclusive 4K Ultra HD Steelbook

If there is anything else that we can do, please get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Thanks,

Stuart"

I've had problems in the past with products and deliveries from Zavvi but they have always resolved it and given me great customer service.
To be fair I've had worse service from bigger company's that basically didn't give two ***** about my complaint and didn't believe that the goods had gone missing in the post.

I was told that a copy had been ordered for dispatch to me. Now I'm worried that they realise they have another mess of a situation here and we'll all be waiting weeks for this to be sorted.

Got this reply from zavvi nl today in caps lock: JA, JE HEBT GELIJK MET JE BESTELLING, WAT IS ER MIS. IK ZAL DIT WISSEN EN JE WEER GEVEN

Translated: Yes, you're right about your order, what is wrong. I will erase this and give you again.

:oops:o_O

So still no Solo. :offtopic: Gonna cancel all my pre orders with them, last time I ordered from them too.

Reactions: kingkarl1967
So after being promised a replacement on Friday through Twitter and still not getting a dispatch email. I thought i'd contact them to chase things up, they are now telling me to wait up to five working days and they have put me on a list. Who knows, this company sure try my patience.

So after being promised a replacement on Friday through Twitter and still not getting a dispatch email. I thought I'd contact them to chase things up, they are now telling me to wait up to five working days and they have put me on a list. Who knows, this company sure try my patience.

Not had a dispatch email either. They've made a right royal arse of this entire run, its a quite staggering level of ineptitude.

Reactions: popeye
And tomorrow it will probably be the worst debacle in the history of steelbooks from Zavvi.

The day after that it will be the most arsed up parade of staggering ineptitude unleashed on steelbook releases in the history of the entrie UK.

The day after that it will be...

And tomorrow it will probably be the worst debacle in the history of steelbooks from Zavvi.

The day after that it will be the most arsed up parade of staggering ineptitude unleashed on steelbook releases in the history of the entrie UK.

The day after that it will be...
Zavvi should not really make available the star wars steelbooks on their website on Wednesday due to amount of customers still waiting on delivery especially in regards to this steelbook

They really need to keep that stock for replacements in my opinion