Solo: A Star Wars Story (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 9, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order August 29 at 7 AM for Red Carpet, 9 AM for general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99

D1CB372A-4EB9-4A5D-8A83-406BDC3021B1.jpeg

267BFE2C-E409-4984-9E97-206A8E9CE0E3.jpeg
BF81AC85-AEB2-4F8A-BD37-292BFA65E9FC.jpeg
298051FE-BB01-48AB-BBA5-69AC3F1941CE.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is now showing as 'SOLD OUT' :ohno:. I hope to god they haven't completely sold out, just for all the people still waiting on this, and been told to wait. Hopefully some in reserve.

I received a email today, saying my replacement has been despatched, but also re-ordered with 'reddit' code for 12% off, as an insurance,

Reactions: Shark
****. I forgot this was happening today (thought it was tomorrow). They better have extra stock for replacements, since they won't even consider resending mine until 12/6

I've been messaging back and forth with the cs team since the 20th and having been told a replacement had been allocated to me I was feeling a little better.
I chased them this morning after seeing on here that people are getting dispatch emails only to be told they have no copies left.
Just went nuts on the live chat and now await for their reply.
This has been an absolute nightmare.

• Wow
Reactions: Shark
I've been messaging back and forth with the cs team since the 20th and having been told a replacement had been allocated to me I was feeling a little better.
I chased them this morning after seeing on here that people are getting dispatch emails only to be told they have no copies left.
Just went nuts on the live chat and now await for their reply.
This has been an absolute nightmare.
I don't blame you. We had all been saying that these should NEVER have been put back up for general sale yet until ALL the non-deliveries of the original batch had been sorted.

Reactions: jobo316
I don't blame you. We had all been saying that these should NEVER have been put back up for general sale yet until ALL the non-deliveries of the original batch had been sorted.
Just been messaged by Joe on their Twitter account saying they have no stock allocated but would I like a replacement or a refund?
These guys are f***ing jokers.

Just been messaged by Joe on their Twitter account saying they have no stock allocated but would I like a replacement or a refund?
These guys are f***ing jokers.
So what are they going to replace it with if they have no stock???

"We don't have any, but we can still send you one that we don't have as a replacement for the one you don't have".

You couldn't make it up, could you?

My replacement arrived, lads! Calvin didn't lie haha
Thought there was a scratch right down the spine but it looks to be just on the wrapping. I'm not the scalper type so I didn't take advantage of the restock, despite how lucrative it might be currently and in the future. I can rest easy now that my collection is complete.
20201126_103421~2.jpg

20201126_103457.jpg

Thought there was a scratch right down the spine but it looks to be just on the wrapping. I'm not the scalper type so I didn't take advantage of the restock, despite how lucrative it might be currently and in the future. I can rest easy now that my collection is complete.
View attachment 492168
View attachment 492167
Congrats!

Reactions: Blazerfires
View attachment 492168
View attachment 492167
congrats... they dont seem to be very lucrative for reselling tho, do they? at cost is what theyre selling for and nobody knows if they ever increase.. the indiana jones zavvi steelbooks were even better than these and they sell for rrp at best..

Reactions: Blazerfires
Received my replacement, although also ordered one last night as I didnt have faith in Zavvi's replacement arriving.

Is the square piece of paint missing a common defect or am I just unlucky

Square.jpg

@Tacozilla no that is not supposed to be there. I received my two copies

Copy 1 Front is perfect Back misaligned and a dent/crease by spine.
Copy 2 Front misaligned Back deep scratch.

I don't know why but I had a feeling this might happen so I purchased another one yesterday. Hopefully I will at least get a decent back to do some steelbook surgery.

Well I've been getting correspondence in German which I've had to Google translate.....

Zavvi likely used Google to translate to reply to you :shipped: :LOL:

Why you not been using Zavvi UK website to do orders

You also aware there is now a Zavvi Ireland website that was launched this November

it’s possible they have a German team for the German site. The last contact centre I worked for had companies that outsourced their CS. The company I worked for has about 100 companies they do the CS for (some huge names too) and we had french, German, Italian and in some cases Spanish teams Alongside the English teams which the staff were either fluent in those languages or from that country and moved to the U.K.

They were also paid more than the English speaking workers for working in their respected mother tongue lol. Never understood that part. Should all be paid the same

@Tacozilla no that is not supposed to be there. I received my two copies

Copy 1 Front is perfect Back misaligned and a dent/crease by spine.
Copy 2 Front misaligned Back deep scratch.

I don't know why but I had a feeling this might happen so I purchased another one yesterday. Hopefully I will at least get a decent back to do some steelbook surgery.

thanks, I'll wait for my second copy and send this one back for a refund then (providing the second copy turns up in good condition that is...)

It seems that the answer they are giving now is they run out of copies so the only solution possible is a refund. I'm still waiting for answer but considering everybody is getting a replacement so far, and that they had the balls to put more copies for sale yesterday, being aware of the problem, this could be the last thing I buy from them.

Reactions: JGCramp