Solo: A Star Wars Story (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 9, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order August 29 at 7 AM for Red Carpet, 9 AM for general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99

D1CB372A-4EB9-4A5D-8A83-406BDC3021B1.jpeg

267BFE2C-E409-4984-9E97-206A8E9CE0E3.jpeg
BF81AC85-AEB2-4F8A-BD37-292BFA65E9FC.jpeg
298051FE-BB01-48AB-BBA5-69AC3F1941CE.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
So what are they going to replace it with if they have no stock???

"We don't have any, but we can still send you one that we don't have as a replacement for the one you don't have".

You couldn't make it up, could you?
I've got messages going through the app and also through their twitter account so you would think that they would all be able to give you a yes or no answer.

Ive been told I can have a copy sent out but when I asked if they can confirm that they have stock someone else got involved and said they are currently investigating due circumstances and will update me when they find out. Find out what? That you've royally ****** up!!!

The other thing that's pissed me off is seeing sellers on ebay having multiple copies for sale at stupid prices.
It just gets better doesn't it? :bored:

It seems that the answer they are giving now is they run out of copies so the only solution possible is a refund. I'm still waiting for answer but considering everybody is getting a replacement so far, and that they had the balls to put more copies for sale yesterday, being aware of the problem, this could be the last thing I buy from them.

My two copies haven't arrived yet but they aren't a week late until Saturday, so hopefully I'll have them by then. But even so it usually takes up to 2 weeks after the delivery estimate for me to receive stuff from Zavvi so I will hold out hope for another week. I also have an undelivered TFA copy that was due on the same schedule so most likely for me it's just delayed mail here in the US.

Regardless, I didn't buy another during the restock because at that point I refused to buy a third in hopes of actually receiving one. But I feel the same way: if I don't ever receive my copies and then can't get replacements after they put all those copies up for sale yesterday then I'll have a hard time buying anything from Zavvi again. This is starting to feel like an ESB-level debacle, though, so I have some hope that perhaps they will produce more to accommodate all the missing/undelivered copies - especially since from what some people have posted they seem to have admitted to having a dispatch issue.

I've honestly never seen anything like how this entire line was screwed up from start to finish. It's bad enough that every film in the set has misaligned artwork, but also the scratches and roller marks, and now copies flat out not being delivered (or maybe even dispatched. Who knows since we get no tracking). With how this was handled I don't know that I see myself investing time and money into a continuity set sold by Zavvi in the future.

Finally just been delivered.
Dispatch email was Monday afternoon so 3 day turnaround is actually very quick and makes me wonder if these were already somewhere near or in RM depots in the UK.

So replacements coming in record time.

What happened with original orders?

We'll never know. Because Zavvi won't look into why some people received multiple copies that weren't theirs and some received nothing..... Cnuts!

Reactions: kingkarl1967
And people wondered why we were buying a 2nd copy instead of waiting til our “21 days etc” was up lol
Well I'm sorry but I don't agree with that.

Its ****** of Zavvi to expect people who didn't get their orders to drop more money with them instead of holding them back for replacements. Major Dick move! And your potentially buying someone who's missed out replacement copy!

I had that option. I refused and now its sold out. They better have held back replacements. Otherwise I've missed out. And if I have, so be it. The film is **** anyway!

Zavvi has confírmed to me this morning that there are no units left, that mine has been Lost, and that They will refund my money. And yesterday they released units for sale.

Now Zavvi is The worst.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you guys have to fill out the Zavvi missing form for your replacements?
I did not on this occasion but most times I been asked to fill out that form when it was an order I did not receive.

It can depend on zavvi staff replying to you if you are asked to fill out the non receipt form

I waited 3 weeks for my copy of Jaws 4k steel which never appeared and had sold out too. They managed to get me a copy. So I am hoping that with all these reports of missing copies they do the same.

Are you guys really shocked that they didn't hold stock back? Cos I'm not, not for a second. They shouldn't have restocked the web with this title, and yet they did. Writing was on the wall.
Their Q4 is going to look pretty good having sold these twice.