Solo: A Star Wars Story (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 9, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order August 29 at 7 AM for Red Carpet, 9 AM for general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99

D1CB372A-4EB9-4A5D-8A83-406BDC3021B1.jpeg

267BFE2C-E409-4984-9E97-206A8E9CE0E3.jpeg
BF81AC85-AEB2-4F8A-BD37-292BFA65E9FC.jpeg
298051FE-BB01-48AB-BBA5-69AC3F1941CE.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Perhaps some of them are buried within this lot somewhere:
Any volunteers to go looking?
Jeez, but now it looks like an avalanche of claims for damage will be forthcoming. Those poor sacks at the bottom will of course be the last to be sorted, and were likely the first to be collected, Royal Mail logistics at it's best...

So zavvi told me I waited too long to inquire about my missing order (even though I messaged them through live chat and twitter before their supposed 40 day policy), does anyone have experience getting a refund through PayPal instead since zavvi CS is so sh*tty?

• Wow
Reactions: BluSteel2012
I just heard back from customer service and what I was told is that they are getting more Solo steelbooks but not enough to cover all of the outstanding replacements. So if you had your order processed for replacement copies (like I did) then based on what I was told it seems like it's going to be luck of the draw: either you snag one or they will have to issue refunds when all the copies allocated.

Regardless, not being transparent about what happened and also not making any effort to ensure that everyone had the opportunity to get what they paid for - and even putting more up for sale - really shows a complete disregard for their customers. I'm not sure I can see myself ever buying from Zavvi again after this debacle.

So zavvi told me I waited too long to inquire about my missing order (even though I messaged them through live chat and twitter before their supposed 40 day policy), does anyone have experience getting a refund through PayPal instead since zavvi CS is so sh*tty?
Just file a claim with Paypal, they'll sort it out.
You haven't received your items so Zavvi have no case.

Reactions: kobyw
Those in Europe awaiting parcels from UK retailers that use Royal Mail

Royal Mail has halted deliveries to Europe, except for the Republic of Ireland, due to a UK travel ban triggered by the discovery of a new faster spreading coronavirus strain.

Quick question: did you ever had to fill up Non-receipt of goods disclaimer form or is it new practice? Got refunded once without any problems but now they want some form of written statement thay I've looked and asked everywhere.

Quick question: did you ever had to fill up Non-receipt of goods disclaimer form or is it new practice? Got refunded once without any problems but now they want some form of written statement thay I've looked and asked everywhere.
Yeah, it's usually standard procedure. You got lucky before......

Reactions: Felas
It's been a standard practice for years with Zavvi and they not the only retailer who do this
Sometimes you might not be asked to use the non receipt form

Reactions: Felas
Hello, dear ninja's!
It's outrageous how zavvi is dealing the situation with the replacement. A few days ago i got this message:
I can confirm that this shipment is next due on 04-01-2021
Michael.
Today i asked for an update and i got this reply:
I'm afraid we won't be receiving anymore stock of this item. We are very sorry about this. I've requested for the order to be refunded. This will be refunded back to your original payment method and usually takes 3-5 working days. Is there anything else we can help you with today? -Wilson
I'm so mad! :mad:
And the prices on ebay are way off, too expensive!
Does anyone have a spare copy to sell? Please PM me if yes! I'm living in Romania!
Or anyone knows when it'll be released in Germany?
Regards!
Happy New Year!

Hello, dear ninja's!
It's outrageous how zavvi is dealing the situation with the replacement. A few days ago i got this message:

Today i asked for an update and i got this reply:

I'm so mad! :mad:
And the prices on ebay are way off, too expensive!
Does anyone have a spare copy to sell? Please PM me if yes! I'm living in Romania!
Or anyone knows when it'll be released in Germany?
Regards!
Happy New Year!
Of all the disgusting things about Zavvi's customer service right now, the inconsistent messaging that you get depending on which CS rep responds is among the worst. I was told week ago that they are getting additional stock but not nearly enough to fill all the replacement requests. I wouldn't be surprised if they told some reps to simply say they aren't getting any more in order to clear out some of the outstanding replacement orders in advance.

I was also told that anyone who isn't able to get a copy when the replacement stock is allocated will have their money automatically refunded in full. But I'm willing to bet if that stock does arrive, that they won't notify anyone who doesn't get one or automatically refund their money. This is all at best unprofessional/incompetent and at worst really sleazy.