UK
3.50 star(s) Rating: 3.50/5 2 Votes
Title: Sonic the Hedgehog (2020)

Tagline: A Whole New Speed of Hero

Genre: Animation, Action, Adventure

Director: Jeff Fowler

Cast: Ben Schwartz, James Marsden and Jim Carrey,

Release: 2020-02-14

Plot: Based on the global blockbuster videogame franchise from Sega, SONIC THE HEDGEHOG tells the story of the world's speediest hedgehog as he embraces his new home on Earth. In this live-action adventure comedy, Sonic and his new best friend Tom (James Marsden) team up to defend the planet from the evil genius Dr. Robotnik (Jim Carrey) and his plans for world domination.

Jim Carrey as Dr Robotnik...

D5VrC_EWwAclDHz.jpg

Why does this actually look kinda good? Sonic's legs still freak me out though.
Aint gonna lie, me and my boy have very much been looking forward to this since it was first mentioned:whistle::thumbs:.

Nice to see Carrey Back also:D Personally think this is going to be a great family movie:naughty::thumbs::whistle:

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Aint gonna lie, me and my boy have very much been looking forward to this since it was first mentioned:whistle::thumbs:.

Nice to see Carrey Back also:D Personally think this is going to be a great family movie:naughty::thumbs::whistle:
I was sceptical, and the early shots of Sonic had me kind of cringing, but it actually looks like a lot of fun! Loving that little tease at the end of Carrey's full transformation of Robotnik too. :woot:

D5Z-9JnWAAEVdX4.png

• Thanks
Reactions: Robles
Yeah, I saw that first one on twitter the other day. Mad that an unpaid fan can do your character justice but someone Sega and Paramount are paying can't. Plus people at Sega and Paramount looked at what they'd produced and gone "yeah, that looks good to us".

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Yeah, I saw that first one on twitter the other day. Mad that an unpaid fan can do your character justice but someone Sega and Paramount are paying can't. Plus people at Sega and Paramount looked at what they'd produced and gone "yeah, that looks good to us".
I always thought the live-action version looked freaky ever since the first images leaked months ago, but I never actually realised just HOW freaky until those fan comparisons started popping up. Like you said... it's shocking a studio with millions to spend couldn't come up with something better!

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database