Soul (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Feb 10, 2020
Release date: March 29, 2021
Purchase link: Zavvi
Price: £32.99

12856686-1354842463673880.jpg
12856686-6104842463440561.jpg 12856686-1064842463835433.jpg 12856686-8614842463783176.jpg
1612285632396.png

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s too bad the placeholder artwork won’t last. I’ll hope for a better WEA premium. I’m sure I’ll be tempted by the Korean premium. :dunno:

Another nice design @Noodles

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Earlier this evening, I asked Zavvi whether this really will have a title on the spine, as opposed to Onward which showed a title on the spine initially but in the end didn't have one (and Zavvi just removed the picture showing it from their listing).

Here's their response (and I kid you not!):

Just to confirm, would you like us to check whether your copy should come with a j-card?

You just couldn't make it up, could you? :rofl:

Last edited:
Earlier this evening, I asked Zavvi whether this really will have a title on the spine, as opposed to Onward which showed a title on the spine initially but in the end didn't have one (and Zavvi just removed the picture showing it from their listing).

Here's their response (and I kid you not!):

Just to confirm, would you like us to check whether your copy should come with a j-card?

You just couldn't make it up, could you? :rofl:
They genuinely won't know either way mate. The CS guys never see the steels, all they have to go off are disney's promo images. They just happened to give the wrong images for onward. Tbf apart from the live action dumbo, that isn't the norm anymore and hasn't happened in the UK in YEARS.

They genuinely won't know either way mate. The CS guys never see the steels, all they have to go off are disney's promo images. They just happened to give the wrong images for onward. Tbf apart from the live action dumbo, that isn't the norm anymore and hasn't happened in the UK in YEARS.
Oh, sure - I'm aware of all of that. I just thought it would be fun to enquire and see what sort of response I would get! :)

The latest is that they will "get both queries raised with the relevant team as I can imagine clarity is needed in this matter." (both queries meaning: (1) the spine title; and (2) whether it really WILL come with the bonus disc as stated).

I had a similar experience with Amazon a couple of years ago where they initially showed the 4K UHD cover images for a couple of blu-ray releases (the give-away being the prices - too low for new 4K UHD releases). When I enquired before ordering to ask whether they were sure, they said 'yes'. Of course, that was just the CS guy checking the listing himself and, seeing the 4K UHD images, saying "yes, of course, they're the 4K UHD discs". When I received them, sure enough, they were the standard blu-rays (as I suspected they would be all along). When I raised it with CS again, and showed them the original images (which I had taken screenshots of just in case) and my previous conversations on Live Chat, they just said it was a mistake and refused to exchange them for the 4K UHD versions. Instead, I just had to return them for a refund. To be fair, they are not legally obliged to honour the price if it is a genuine (and obvious) mistake, but I thought it was worth a try nevertheless, and it made a point that they should really check these things more carefully.

Best Buy Canada SteelBook is a glossy release. That's my opinion compared to @tono06's opinion in the Best Buy USA thread lol.

This isn't a fingerprint magnet but it has the same gloss finish on the entire SteelBook. There aren't any areas that could be mistaken for spot gloss. There is perhaps a very slight metallic shine to it but not like the kind you get on some matte SteelBooks.

Perhaps this is a lighter gloss finish I don't know but like I said I don't see any fingerprints on it. If this is a different level of gloss then I must say I like this better.

I am not an expert on finishes. I keep most of my SteelBooks sealed but I opened this copy because I detected a small scratch under a tear in the shrink-wrap. I opened this up to check the finish for everybody else knowing that I would be sending this copy back to Best Buy.

Having said all of that, others may find this to just be a normal glossy steelbook and I wonder what I'm on about (if you're from the UK lol)

EDIT: I take it back. I can now see fingerprints. Just harder to see because of the light coloured background.

Mine's not long turned up. It is a zero finish, notably different the the US/CA release. It's okay I guess, a little dull though :dunno:

Received mine today and I must say I'm a fan of the finish - The light catches really nicely off the little light bokeh circles scattered across the cover in front of the more matte printed buildings - the blue on the keys get a nice shine also.
I will say the print of the cat on the back cover catches my eye as a little off, almost slightly low res, but this is barely noticeable.

Reactions: virkia
Going by these pics from Steelbookpro it looks reasonably OK but maybe I'm biased because I like the wraparound artwork and the metallic effects on the piano keys and buildings:-

1618100665025.png
1618100678922.png

1618100772543.png
1618100786358.png

Reactions: RedFridge007
Going by these pics from Steelbookpro it looks reasonably OK but maybe I'm biased because I like the wraparound artwork and the metallic effects on the piano keys and buildings:-

View attachment 502924 View attachment 502925

That's a fair representation of what it looks like in hand. I'm a fan of wraparound art too, but i felt it was very poor quality. 90% of the time metallic reflections like this make a steel look cheap imo, and that's how i saw it. A cheap, no effort finish.

I sent mine back, have a glossy bestbuy one on route instead.

Reactions: Steely-Booked