Space Jam (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Titans of Cult Exclusive #10) [UK]

tommyh84

Not Mine
Premium Supporter
Apr 28, 2011
Release date: July 5, 2021
Purchase links: Zavvi - HMV - Amazon UK - WB Shop - Entertainment Store (eBay)
Price: £34.99

13106235-1474861980010383.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I quite like this but have never been sure on the outta box, is it like a slipcase style packaging or literally just plastic packaging? either way, I think ill stick to my original plan with the film and try and get hold of the release that reel synergy put out there. for me, that's a much nicer looking release :thumbs:
I'd say the plastic used is very similar, if not exactly the same as the type used for most standard slips you see on such releases as the Mondo X line... only difference obviously being these are more like slip boxes with flaps either end.

It's just a plastic box that tears easily if you're not careful. It's not even a protective slip the way some people refer to it as.

It just holds all of the contents.
Have you/someone actually had this happen then? Although quite flimsy once the contents have been removed, I don't understand how it could easily tear unless purposely trying to achieve it with force... not that I'm going to test it lol.

I've never understood why people collect all the TOC editions. I bought TOC Blade Runner because that's one of a handful of titles I collect.
These releases don't look that great, they don't seem very limited and not that collectable.
This release is horrible obviously, it's all a matter of opinion but I just don't understand collecting TOC when there are so many better retailers and steelbooks to purchase.
Can only speak for myself . . . why did I buy every ToC release (until now)?
1) Looks nice on the shelf in matching livery and what collector doesn't like matching sets?
2) Packaging is different to others with the closest relation probably the original Arrow window slipbox Amaray releases from 2012
1620905810587.png
1620906848026.png

3) You get better perceived value for money - until SPACE JAM - with a ToC release i.e. not just a 4K steelbook for £25-£30 but including bonus items, even the occasional mini steel and all for £30
4) ToC steelbooks have specific and original designs - some forgettable but still original - not to be found elsewhere (as far as I know)

They have been a little cheeky now and again though. Wonder Woman turned up as Best Buy “exclusive” as did goodfellas and mad max but without extras. The best ones for me have been Bladerunner and v for vendetta that have as yet not turned up in any other form. I only ever received one with a split in the outer box that I got replaced luckil. Never had one tear on me but then again I’ve only opened them once or twice. The thing that concerned me was the tightness of the slip and whether it would scratch the steelbook. My Bladerunner is still sealed and I think it looks great with the 3D effect given by the dual logos on the package and steel. I remember seeing the mock up and thinking how is this going to be packaged? If the plastic was a little thicker they would feel premium, like a slide in from the side kind of thing. They could totally redeem themselves with a great come back title so fingers crossed. Nobody has done a great shining steelbook yet and if their goonies is anything like that cine museum steel, I’m in.

Reactions: Noodles
They have been a little cheeky now and again though. Wonder Woman turned up as Best Buy “exclusive” as did goodfellas and mad max but without extras. The best ones for me have been Bladerunner and v for vendetta that have as yet not turned up in any other form. I only ever received one with a split in the outer box that I got replaced luckil. Never had one tear on me but then again I’ve only opened them once or twice. The thing that concerned me was the tightness of the slip and whether it would scratch the steelbook. My Bladerunner is still sealed and I think it looks great with the 3D effect given by the dual logos on the package and steel. I remember seeing the mock up and thinking how is this going to be packaged? If the plastic was a little thicker they would feel premium, like a slide in from the side kind of thing. They could totally redeem themselves with a great come back title so fingers crossed. Nobody has done a great shining steelbook yet and if their goonies is anything like that cine museum steel, I’m in.
That's down to the studios though, not ToC, who I'm sure weren't best pleased about the situation either tbh.

Agree about the slip boxes anyway... although I wouldn't exactly say they're delicate/prone to damage, they still feel kinda cheap. If they were to upgrade them (make them thicker and do away with the annoying flaps), then the price increase would make more sense!

Reactions: Retro Parrot
Yes. I really don’t think they ever intended the package to be anything significant. Just people don’t know what to do with the extra stuff. We’re not really going to wear a pin surely ?
I don't think the intention is for people to wear the pins :LOL: I know there's a few on here inc myself that also collect the pins so to me they would be a welcomed addition, I just don't know if I'm too keen on the actual package as it would be that id want to display.

Reactions: Retro Parrot
The problem I’ve found with the PET box is once opened, it’s harder to close the flaps. They just pop back open.

I much prefer Mondo & the old Korean PET slips personally (also included on some random releases like true detective, running man and Halloween)

The problem I’ve found with the PET box is once opened, it’s harder to close the flaps. They just pop back open.

I much prefer Mondo & the old Korean PET slips personally (also included on some random releases like true detective, running man and Halloween)
Yeah, that bugs the hell out of me. Started opening them from the bottom instead, so at least the weight of everything inside keeps it shut.

Weird they've put x2 bugs silhouettes (i expected a bloke on the rear to represent MJ), but otherwise lookes as anticipated. Odd ToC design choices here yet again, could've been worse (bestbuy) I guess.

Which Halloween is that with the PET slip?

Which Halloween is that with the PET slip?
This Halloween release

UK

USA

Reactions: toratora