Spartacus - 60th Anniversary (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (EverythingBlu - BluPick Series #006) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: August 3, 2020
Purchase link: Everythingblu (Pre-order June 8 at 8 PM, UK time)
Price: £42.98
Notes: Limited to 500

a2b12ef8-f1d7-4ebb-a188-471604473112.png

Last edited by a moderator:
BluPick Series 006 brings you Stanley Kubrick's classic, Spartacus. This release features a high quality slipcase to the same standards as our more expensive BluPack editions. We have used the same materials and printing techniques to achieve a true premium finish. We have also packed more items into this BluPick Series release than ever before.

Release Details:

Release Date - 3rd August 2020 - REGION FREE

• Premium Slipcase with Multi-Level Embossing and Metallic Details
  • 60th Anniversary Limited Edition 4K + Blu-ray SteelBook
  • Exclusive Plastic Numbering Card (1 - 500)*
  • Classic Spartacus A4 Poster
  • Collectors Folder
  • 7 x Exclusive Art Cards
  • Red Envelope with Gold Foiling
  • Exclusive 28pp Booklet
*The numbering card that you receive will be sent at random

a2b12ef8-f1d7-4ebb-a188-471604473112.png

Last edited:
i... quite like it! :confused: good to see another premium of a classic (see also Black Barons Vertigo/Birds/Exorcist). and with this, you get the cover for the previous steel, as well as the new steel! :LOL: goodies look perfectly ok.

i agree the full slip's not perfect, for me. for a start, i'd have the fighting guys on the front, and Kirk on the back - if we have to have him. agree with @Shark @Maksym, the Kirk cover is a little... bright? o_O

for the same over-the-top-approach but a better image, the poster's an improvement. the booklet/folder have the best artwork for me. let's swap the booklet and full slip artwork! :thumbs:

From a great looking old school epic poster ...
1591227989494.png

....but methinks the gladiators on the back would've looked better against a red background (like the previous steelbook):-
1591228729133.png

Attachments

• 1591228693888.png
    1591228693888.png
    309.6 KB · Views: 323
Last edited:
More importantly, it's worth keeping an eye on as a special edition that's not quite as ridiculously over priced....

Ha,,
A good night's rest did you good :thumbs:
unfortunately, no, very bad night and in terrible pain, so...
...no more gladiator fights today, and off to concentrate on other hobbies...

I do my best to be a rational, compassionate, empathetic real human being,, but there's only so long I can get screwed over before i decide to react.

"White Hunter, Black Heart" ....you know the scene I'm thinking of?