Spartacus (Blu-ray SteelBook) (55th Anniversary) (Amazon DE Exclusive) [Germany]

luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release Date: October 15th, 2015
Purchase Link: Amazon DE
Price: €14.99

spartacus.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it just for the german steelbook?
Or is it the same for the italian one, as far as you know?
The same for the Italian , a member of forum where I'm moderator have spoken with Universal via Facebook official page , but for the moment those are words only , wait to have it in hand than we'll have the proof , by the way if it will be a fake we'll return it to amazon

Reactions: bradipolpo
Universal Pictures has just confirmed that the old master was pressed accidentally from the 2010 (50th Anniversary) to the new discs (55th Anniversary) in the manufacturing process,
If they have admitted this then they have no choice but to delay all releases this has happened with and correct the mistake by doing a new production that is the correct disc to avoid the need to have customers looking for replacement discs after receiving delivery of a wrong disc

@Manqu Qhapaq
Can you provide me with a link to where universal have admitted the mistake old master was pressed accidentally
Thanks
Paul

@paulboland The specifications, including language and subtitle options, are identical for the UK, French, German, Italian and Spanish releases of this title.

Since Universal often uses the same disc in all territories where the specifications are the same, I fear that this problem will affect all European releases.

I agree with you that all releases should be delayed until the disc has been repressed from the correct master. I'd rather get the correct disc from the outset than go through the hassle of obtaing a replacement.

This problem doesn't affect the US/Canadian copies since it has already been released there and confirmed to be the new disc. It's also unlikely to affect the Japanese release because of the different language options. So it appears at the moment that only the European releases are affected.

If they have admitted this then they have no choice but to delay all releases this has happened with and correct the mistake by doing a new production that is the correct disc to avoid the need to have customers looking for replacement discs after receiving delivery of a wrong disc

@Manqu Qhapaq
Can you provide me with a link to where universal have admitted the mistake old master was pressed accidentally
Thanks
Paul

There are some people who have already received the Amaray and inside was the old disc (50th Anniversary) So they sent it back to Amazon I assume that this is the same disc as for the Steelbook as well. The release is next week , so I guess thats why you can´t pre order it anymore at the moment.
I´m still waiting for a response or for an official link.

Last edited:
Reactions: paulboland
There will be no official statement from Universal
Someone who has received the wrong disc told me that he personally phoned with Universal and they will notify him once there is more information on how they'll proceed.
The problem will be probably resolved until the released date, which takes place on October 15th

Last edited:
In Spain the disc is correct (amaray version, no steelboolk here). It's 55th anniversary edition:

Código:
DISC INFO:

Disc Title: SPARTACUS_RESTORED_ED_UPB1
Disc Size: 46.959.643.013 bytes
Protection: AACS
BD-Java: Yes
BDInfo: 0.5.8

PLAYLIST REPORT:

Name: 00800.MPLS
Length: 3:16:37.368 (h:m:s.ms)
Size: 42.963.910.656 bytes
Total Bitrate: 29,13 Mbps

VIDEO:

Codec Bitrate Description
----- ------- -----------
MPEG-4 AVC Video 18988 kbps 1080p / 23,976 fps / 16:9 / High Profile 4.1

AUDIO:

Codec Language Bitrate Description
----- -------- ------- -----------
DTS-HD Master Audio English 4930 kbps 7.1 / 48 kHz / 4930 kbps / 24-bit (DTS Core: 5.1 / 48 kHz / 1509 kbps / 24-bit)
DTS Audio Spanish 768 kbps 5.1 / 48 kHz / 768 kbps / 24-bit
DTS Audio French 768 kbps 5.1 / 48 kHz / 768 kbps / 24-bit
DTS Audio German 768 kbps 5.1 / 48 kHz / 768 kbps / 24-bit
DTS Audio Italian 768 kbps 5.1 / 48 kHz / 768 kbps / 24-bit

SUBTITLES:

Codec Language Bitrate Description
----- -------- ------- -----------
Presentation Graphics English 29,505 kbps
Presentation Graphics Spanish 27,065 kbps
Presentation Graphics French 28,684 kbps
Presentation Graphics German 32,194 kbps
Presentation Graphics Italian 23,848 kbps
Presentation Graphics Portuguese 28,677 kbps
Presentation Graphics Arabic 15,682 kbps
Presentation Graphics Danish 28,202 kbps
Presentation Graphics Dutch 24,025 kbps
Presentation Graphics Finnish 26,909 kbps
Presentation Graphics Hindi 22,891 kbps
Presentation Graphics Icelandic 29,127 kbps
Presentation Graphics Norwegian 28,387 kbps
Presentation Graphics Swedish 24,765 kbps
Presentation Graphics Spanish 0,030 kbps
Presentation Graphics French 0,019 kbps
Presentation Graphics German 0,023 kbps
Presentation Graphics Italian 0,031 kbps

Amazon.Es sent this edition a few days ago and disc have tested for several members of spanish forum Mundodvd (disc info thanks to "coco-ta" member).

Reactions: augustus
I received this statement from Universal Germany via their Facebook. They admit to pressing the wrong disc and specify an exchange address for those who already purchased it.

Link: https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...50838349067&notif_t=photo_comment&ref=m_notif

"Wir können Ihren Ärger über die „Spartacus“ Version anlässlich des 55. Jubiläums gut verstehen. Leider mussten wir feststellen, dass einer unserer Dienstleister während der Produktion das Master der „remastered“ Version mit der alten, bereits veröffentlichen Version vertauscht hat und dadurch ein fehlerhaftes Produkt in den Handel gelangt ist.
Seien Sie versichert, dass wir umgehend alle Schritte unternommen haben, um das fehlerhafte Produkt zurück zu ziehen. Es tut uns sehr leid, dass Sie trotzdem eins der fehlerhaften Produkte erstehen konnten und wir möchten Sie bitten, sich dazu unter folgendem Kontakt zu melden, um einen Umtausch zu ermöglichen:

Telefon-Hotline:
02404 58 19100

E-Mail:
[email protected]

Für die entstandenen Unannehmlichkeiten möchten wir uns bei Ihnen herzlichst entschuldigen."