Special Edition: NYC (ReedPop) June 6 and 7 2015

mllNY

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Aug 29, 2011
New York, NY
Last edited:
tickets are still available for this, except VIPs (which sold out very fast)

looking forward to this show

Last year was the first year they did te show. I am going again with VIPs.

If you have been to NYCC it is essentially just artist alley. Its a really cool show if you are a comic book fan but if you are more of a pop culture fan then you might be a bit disappointed. I would still say check out a day and I believe they will be selling some NYCC tickets there.

No one else going, lots of comic creators and opportunity to buy NYCC tickets

I will be sure to post photos!

@will519 I know you have your NYCC Pro, but are you here this weekend?

Special Edition: NYC is a comics-focused show ran by ReedPop, the exhibitors of C2E2, Pax, NYCC, and Star Wars Celebration. Guest contributor Michael Leventhal was at this year’s Special Edition where attendees who missed the opportunity to buy New York Comic-Con tickets online were able to purchase them at the show. On Saturday, the line was long, but people were taken care of. The Saturday 3-Day allotment did sell out, but after 3 hours after the show opened; with 4-Day sold out in about 5 hours. On Sunday, there was a noticeable uptake in attendance compared to 2014, however, the line for NYCC tickets was not bad and again fans were able to purchase an allotment of tickets.

Continue reading...

Special Edition: NYC is a comics-focused show. This year, they made the move to Pier 92/94 in NYC from the Javits’ North Pavilion (NYCC Artist Alley). Featuring amazing talent from Amy Reeder to David Mack and Scott Snyder to Brian Michael Bendis, SE: NYC caters to the core comic book fan. The show has a much more intimate feel where you can walk up to your favorite artist or writer and talk about their work.

Compared to 2014, attendance was up due to a few reasons, including the show not being over Father’s Day weekend and an uptick in people coming to buy NYCC tickets but then sticking around to experience the show.

Follow Special Edition: NYC on Facebook and Twitter for information on future dates and maybe future locations!

Continue reading...

A small coverage of the show, but the artist talent there to me can't be described in words. Seeing established people like Clairmont, Snyder, Bendis, and on and on to smaller artists that may all of them become superstars, this is a show to go to if you are a comic book fan.

a much better chance to talk with your favorite artist, buy their comic, have them do a commission, buy some of their art, or just get a signature on your favorite book of theirs. This show is not at the same level of intensity as NYCC or SDCC and thats the way I like this show. Not saying I don't like the others but this show delivers on what it promises.

I won't speak to the venue cause I think RP realizes they did not choose an ideal location and I doubt this show would be held in this location next year. But one thing spoken about by the staff is the possibility of SE making its way around the country or having multiple shows, so not just limited to NY!

but also there was cosplay, check out some of the amazing pics here
https://www.hidefninja.com/2015/06/08/special-edition-nyc-2015-photo-gallery-cosplayers-galore/

and a bit of the show floor here
https://www.hidefninja.com/2015/06/08/special-edition-nyc-2015-photo-gallery-show-and-artists-floor/

they did sell nycc tickets at the show and while it was a bit disorganized once the doors opened RP did a very good job of regrouping and organizing the line within an hour of the show opening, which was also used on Sunday. There was an uptick of attendance compared to 2014 for people buying nycc tickets, and ticket sales were slow but that was mainly due to the fact that while they had 15 kiosks people did have to hand write their order since there were no actual badges on site. Finally while they did run out of 3 and 4 day passes everyone was able to get at least something