Spectre (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

May 30, 2014
Release date: February 9, 2016
Purchase link: Best Buy.com
Price: $24.99

spectre.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This being glossed in full black will leave a lot of collectors not fully satisfied.Very very difficult to find a truly mint copy with the color being what it is.Good luck to all.

As others have already mentioned, this being fully black gloss, OCD collectors will have a nightmare with this release. I got lucky, bought 3 copies had to open ALL THREE before finding a mint one. Both had scratches, some on top back, the other had a dent behind the J-card. Quality control seems to be severely lacking...my third copy, thankfully looks mint. Quickly put into a plastic baggy, stored away on my shelf until I watch it tonite. A shame the movie lacks a Dolby Atmos soundtrack.

Last edited:
As others have already mentioned, this being fully black gloss, OCD collectors will have a nightmare with this release. I got lucky, bought 3 copies had to open ALL THREE before finding a mint one. Both had scratches, some on top back, the other had a dent behind the J-card. Quality control seems to be severely lacking...my third copy, thankfully looks mint. Quickly put into a plastic baggy, stored away on my shelf until I watch it tonite. A shame the movie lacks a Dolby Atmos soundtrack.

There is no quality control on US steelbook releases

Reactions: nkb32
Won't get to pick mine up til tomorrow evening, but I'm stoked to get it.
Missed it in the theater unfortunately - this is the first Bond film I missed seeing in the theater going all the way back to Moonraker in 1979 - so needless to say, I'm really looking forward to finally getting to see it.

There were 20+ at my store ane every single one had multiple paint chips aling the spines. A lot of the spine were printed perfectly in the center and text hanging on the edge. Not impressed and the debossing is underwhelming especially with it just being a plain black steel basically with no art. Think Im going to take mine back tomorrow lol.

Picked up my pre-ordered copy from Best Buy last night.. I guess I got incredibly lucky as mine is in perfect condition.. no scratches or problems with the finish whatsoever.
It was however very "dirty" right out of the shrinkwrap, due to the high gloss, but a quick polish with a soft cloth and it looks spectacular.

can anyone def confirm this is region A only by sticking in a machine please, if so dam
uk version is 142mins so is shorter than american version
would like a full version to be honest
no a cut uk version for a 12 cert

cheers
basil :thumbs: