Spider-Man 2 (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive Lenticular Edition) [UK]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Release date: November 14, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on September 5 at 9 AM - UK time)
Price: £16.99
Note: Matt Varnish - Creative White Base - Emboss Spiderman & Title Spot UV Spiderman

11324114-3424408892465559.JPG

11324114-1124408892551044.JPG
11324114-7894408892609571.JPG
11324114-1074408892647092.JPG

Mine arrived with a spine slash. I've been debating contacting them because I know how useless they are with sending replacements. Probably just buy another copy.

Especially since I live in America-
They initially offered me back my 10% refund (which equates to less than $2.00USD), but after constantly searching for alternative suggestions on how to get a replacement- they finally offered me a replacement upon receiving the defective copy. Then, their CS Team told me to just "Ship it back", and I tried telling them that that would be exorbitantly expensive, but they said that all shipping costs are covered, and that it's free since the product was defective.

Low and behold, I give them the exact quote of $22.50 USD shipping fees, and they defaulted back to "When would you like your 10% Discount?"

Every time. Useless. I wish I could just stop ordering from Zavvi entirely, their CS response is so horrendous.

• Thanks
Reactions: dLux and JCC
Especially since I live in America-
They initially offered me back my 10% refund (which equates to less than $2.00USD), but after constantly searching for alternative suggestions on how to get a replacement- they finally offered me a replacement upon receiving the defective copy. Then, their CS Team told me to just "Ship it back", and I tried telling them that that would be exorbitantly expensive, but they said that all shipping costs are covered, and that it's free since the product was defective.

Low and behold, I give them the exact quote of $22.50 USD shipping fees, and they defaulted back to "When would you like your 10% Discount?"

Every time. Useless. I wish I could just stop ordering from Zavvi entirely, their CS response is so horrendous.

They just got back to me about it, same old 10% refund offer. €1.85 of a refund for a damaged steelbook that is still in stock. God, why is their customer service so bloody awful!

EDIT: For once, their customer service has actually come through. After turning down the original 10% refund & explaining that I want a replacement, they've issued me one & it seems like I don't have to return the original!

Last edited:
They just got back to me about it, same old 10% refund offer. €1.85 of a refund for a damaged steelbook that is still in stock. God, why is their customer service so bloody awful!

EDIT: For once, their customer service has actually come through. After turning down the original 10% refund & explaining that I want a replacement, they've issued me one & it seems like I don't have to return the original!

I'm happy for you!
What did you say to them?

I told them that I would prefer a replacement, since the $2.00USD refund would only be going towards buying a replacement... and they still just LET ME DO THAT.

I'm happy for you!
What did you say to them?

I told them that I would prefer a replacement, since the $2.00USD refund would only be going towards buying a replacement... and they still just LET ME DO THAT.

"Hi,

I am not at all happy with the offer of a small 10% refund, which only works out as €1.85.

I am a regular customer of Zavvi and purchase steelbooks for their design as well as the movie. Therefore a damaged steelbook is not something I want to keep. I order at least once a week from Zavvi and am extremely disappointed by this offer. I would expect a full refund or replacement, which I have received from alternative online retailers.

Can you please advise.
Thank you
Adrian"

I used the exact same message when they offered me a 15% refund on a nearly folded over copy of Treasure Planet back in February.

Reactions: FN-2187
"Hi,

I am not at all happy with the offer of a small 10% refund, which only works out as €1.85.

I am a regular customer of Zavvi and purchase steelbooks for their design as well as the movie. Therefore a damaged steelbook is not something I want to keep. I order at least once a week from Zavvi and am extremely disappointed by this offer. I would expect a full refund or replacement, which I have received from alternative online retailers.

Can you please advise.
Thank you
Adrian"

I used the exact same message when they offered me a 15% refund on a nearly folded over copy of Treasure Planet back in February.

You have to stand up to them.

Don't send pictures, as it's not a legal requirement, and it's just to slow the process up and put u off. Demand your legal rights: Full refund or replacement, and free return postage as it's their problem, not yours!

You have to stand up to them.

Don't send pictures, as it's not a legal requirement, and it's just to slow the process up and put u off. Demand your legal rights: Full refund or replacement, and free return postage as it's their problem, not yours!

I just fire off a picture with the first email anyway, just to speed up the process. I told them it had arrived damaged & I wanted a replacement as it was still in stock, they offered me the 10% refund. I then send what I wrote above. Both times I've had damaged steelbooks arrive, I've said the same thing & both times they've replaced it straight away. Though this time they haven't asked for the damaged steelbook back, which I find odd.

I just fire off a picture with the first email anyway, just to speed up the process. I told them it had arrived damaged & I wanted a replacement as it was still in stock, they offered me the 10% refund. I then send what I wrote above. Both times I've had damaged steelbooks arrive, I've said the same thing & both times they've replaced it straight away. Though this time they haven't asked for the damaged steelbook back, which I find odd.

They are an odd company.

With as much experence as they have you would expect much better from customer service but then can so variable it it beyond belief.
That said, rakuten uk mob can be unspeakably obtuse :(

edit for typos

Last edited: