Spider-Man (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive Lenticular Edition) [UK]

Mar 24, 2013
Release date: November 7, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order LIVE MONDAY 5TH SEPT 9AM (U.K.TIME)
Price: £16.99

Note: Matt Varnish/Creative White Base/Emboss Spiderman & Title/Spot UV Spiderman

11324113-5994408892217600.JPG

11324113-6734408892309130.JPG
11324113-1174408892360607.JPG
11324113-8754408892394351.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Did all three really sell out? I always check their website and never saw them for pre-order. Oh well.

Not gone live yet

Personally I think people are a little silly to order all 5 at this current price (the other Hmv version too)

If they wait it out they will be £7.99 a few months after release

Reactions: SteelbookGenius666
Not gone live yet

Personally I think people are a little silly to order all 5 at this current price (the other Hmv version too)

Thanks for letting me know. I'm just wondering if they will sell out quickly before they are offered at a discount. That's the problem. Many of their new releases have sold out in the pre-order stage,

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
Thanks for letting me know. I'm just wondering if they will sell out quickly before they are offered at a discount. That's the problem. Many of their new releases have sold out in the pre-order stage,

I understand what you mean, it is tough to tell at times but considering these aren't technically MCU, have no print run details and also the maguire 3 and Garfield 2 do divide people.
I love them all particularly spiderman 2 and the amazing spiderman (1) but I'm gona wait them out.

No indication of print run same as Hmv

Hmv hasn't sold out yet either

Not gone live yet

£7.99 very optimistic? I don't think they will drop down that low. I think a lot of people will be ordering this to complete their Lenti Marvel Uk collection than gamble on half the price drop.

£7.99 very optimistic? I don't think they will drop down that low. I think a lot of people will be ordering this to complete their Lenti Marvel Uk collection than gamble on half the price drop.

The zavvi ones have a better chance of dropping compared to the Hmv but maybe £8.99 but I'm personally holding out, if they sell out then they sell out.

I've been collecting nearly 5 years and the last year and half I've focused away from the uk steels now. Still get some but when it comes to packages we are terrible. Im a lenti nut too but uk ammray seem to produce better lentis than the steels. Weird

Saying that I have ordered both zavvi hulks and the antman

The zavvi ones have a better chance of dropping compared to the Hmv but maybe £8.99 but I'm personally holding out, if they sell out then they sell out.

I've been collecting nearly 5 years and the last year and half I've focused away from the uk steels now. Still get some but when it comes to packages we are terrible. Im a lenti nut too but uk ammray seem to produce better lentis than the steels. Weird

Saying that I have ordered both zavvi hulks and the antman

I respectfully disagree they are 'terrible'. You need to consider not everyone who buys the standard UK steelbooks are collectors. There are many that don't want to pay double the prices. Who needs extra packages when the general market may just want to watch the movie or find a casual simple steelbook? I certainly wouldn't want to pay £40-£50 for every steelbook lol. Not everyone wants a premium package. Just like anything you buy there's always an upgrade premium, just like adding leather seats in a car lol. That is why we have the retailers that sell the expensive packages.The Zavvi Lenti never really dropped down in price and most are sold out. I don't see this any different to the HMV as all the Spiderman movies are distributed by Columbia Pictures. All HMV and Zavvi do is shift them on to buyers.

Spiderman 1 and 2 was always 1 disc only never has been 2 discs

Spiderman 3 was 2 discs and re released as 1 disc

Or you can just add the Aamray bonus features in the steelbook and create another disc holder if you are clever enough! Or you can just refer to your aamray bonus features instead if you really need to see the bonus features.

Spiderman 1 and 2 was always 1 disc only never has been 2 discs

Spiderman 3 was 2 discs and re released as 1 disc
Ah you're right! There is a 2012 re-release with extras and a 4k remastered, but without the extras... but i might be wrong though. Which one is this?

I respectfully disagree they are 'terrible'. You need to consider not everyone who buys the standard UK steelbooks are collectors. There are many that don't want to pay double the prices. Who needs extra packages when the general market may just want to watch the movie or find a casual simple steelbook? I certainly wouldn't want to pay £40-£50 for every steelbook lol. Not everyone wants a premium package. Just like anything you buy there's always an upgrade premium, just like adding leather seats in a car lol. That is why we have the retailers that sell the expensive packages.The Zavvi Lenti never really dropped down in price and most are sold out. I don't see this any different to the HMV as all the Spiderman movies are distributed by Columbia Pictures. All HMV and Zavvi do is shift them on to buyers.

A slight misunderstanding because I still buy uk steels and we do produce some crackers. For instance the zavvi Disney collection I love (just one example). But after a few years of pretty much buying all uk steels I got a little annoyed of the lack of WEA with awesome art and great finshes and I noticed other countries and companies like kimchi etc producing much better steels, so I calmed down on buying our steels and focused on a few a month of much better steels from Asian etc retailers with nice slips or lentis (once you get a nova lenti you are hooked) and then waited for price drops on say 90% of UL steels because I was fed up of paying full price and then 2-6 months later they are less than half. Now obviously some sell out or people go mad over regardless of how great or poor the finish or lenti is, like with the Marvel zavvi lenti range purely because it's marvel.

But the spiderman steels are not part of the MCU (don't bother me, i love th films anyway but it would bother some) plus they are Sony and the same with ang lees hulk (universal and not MCU), we have no idea on print run etc. Also the hulks have quite cool art and it's the first steel for the lee version, I get why they have sold out

I'll happily buy these 5 spideys when they drop like a lot in the UK do but if they don't then I won't loose sleep, I've had nearly all the zavvi marvel lentis in hand and they are shockers bar one or 2 releases and some are worth it for less than half of the current asking price but because it's the UKs first bundle of marvel except WWA releases people laped it up causing them to sell out and mainly due to panic plus we didn't know the finshes and how the lenti would look (this was this time last year when zavvi announced iron man and cap 1 with Zbox only)

I have so many of each marvel film from around the world now that missing the odd release don't phase me unless I just love what's on offer and my taste tends to go toward kimchi, nova, blu fans, Zeta nowadays.
Yeah they are expensive and I try to budget but like I said, most my uk steels now are from price drops. And big drops not small drops, so I save that way in order to get better releases from abroad.

But it's all so saturated now and a lot of choice to go buy. And even companies like kimchi are getting sloppy with their QC

Anyway, ill take a gamble and wait or try out spider 2 on the maguire and spidey 1 on the Garfield to test the water as they are my fav out the 2 spideys franchises and see how they look

Reactions: lgans316
A slight misunderstanding because I still buy uk steels and we do produce some crackers. For instance the zavvi Disney collection I love (just one example). But after a few years of pretty much buying all uk steels I got a little annoyed of the lack of WEA with awesome art and great finshes and I noticed other countries and companies like kimchi etc producing much better steels, so I calmed down on buying our steels and focused on a few a month of much better steels from Asian etc retailers with nice slips or lentis (once you get a nova lenti you are hooked) and then waited for price drops on say 90% of UL steels because I was fed up of paying full price and then 2-6 months later they are less than half. Now obviously some sell out or people go mad over regardless of how great or poor the finish or lenti is, like with the Marvel zavvi lenti range purely because it's marvel.

But the spiderman steels are not part of the MCU (don't bother me, i love th films anyway but it would bother some) plus they are Sony and the same with ang lees hulk (universal and not MCU), we have no idea on print run etc. Also the hulks have quite cool art and it's the first steel for the lee version, I get why they have sold out

I'll happily buy these 5 spideys when they drop like a lot in the UK do but if they don't then I won't loose sleep, I've had nearly all the zavvi marvel lentis in hand and they are shockers bar one or 2 releases and some are worth it for less than half of the current asking price but because it's the UKs first bundle of marvel except WWA releases people laped it up causing them to sell out and mainly due to panic plus we didn't know the finshes and how the lenti would look (this was this time last year when zavvi announced iron man and cap 1 with Zbox only)

I have so many of each marvel film from around the world now that missing the odd release don't phase me unless I just love what's on offer and my taste tends to go toward kimchi, nova, blu fans, Zeta nowadays.
Yeah they are expensive and I try to budget but like I said, most my uk steels now are from price drops. And big drops not small drops, so I save that way in order to get better releases from abroad.

But it's all so saturated now and a lot of choice to go buy. And even companies like kimchi are getting sloppy with their QC

Anyway, ill take a gamble and wait or try out spider 2 on the maguire and spidey 1 on the Garfield to test the water as they are my fav out the 2 spideys franchises and see how they look

I fail to see how Disney UK steels produce 'packages' which was your original debate that the UK are 'terrible' in producing. If anything UK Disney released are just standard slip. No packages in them. For me I am quite happy to have the option to pay £20 to watch a release instead of double the premium 'package 'price. So no, not a misunderstanding at all :p it goes back to what I was saying, 'terrible' is a little harsh.

Reactions: lgans316