Spider-Man (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive Lenticular Edition) [UK]

Mar 24, 2013
Release date: November 7, 2016
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order LIVE MONDAY 5TH SEPT 9AM (U.K.TIME)
Price: £16.99

Note: Matt Varnish/Creative White Base/Emboss Spiderman & Title/Spot UV Spiderman

11324113-5994408892217600.JPG

11324113-6734408892309130.JPG
11324113-1174408892360607.JPG
11324113-8754408892394351.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
These should sell out just like all the Lenti series, not on the spot, but everyone should be able to order comfortably without abusing the F5 key lol.

Reactions: Flash
Codes are hit and miss, sometimes Zavvi deactivate it like 2 minutes after going live. The avengers AOU was the same. Stuck a preorder with discount then tried to order another and tthe code was deactivated.

These should sell out just like all the Lenti series, not on the spot, but everyone should be able to order comfortably without abusing the F5 key lol.

This ain't nova lol

As normal these will most likely go live early and the code will most likely work for the first 15 mins

On every pre order I've wanted with zavvi I've always been able to use the code. And before this code it was the Ol' 10% off £50 which I used to always use and get them to cancel the other 2 items form order

This ain't nova lol

As normal these will most likely go live early and the code will most likely work for the first 15 mins

On every pre order I've wanted with zavvi I've always been able to use the code. And before this code it was the Ol' 10% off £50 which I used to always use and get them to cancel the other 2 items form order

You be surprised there are a lot of spidey fans out there waiting for a release on the original movies.

15 min codes? They deactivated after a lousy first few minutes. Need to be spot on live preorder time to use the codes.

It depends on the print run and if people want these I know a lot of people who simply didn't like Tobey as Spiderman, I do but some people don't.

Reactions: sunnyx
I prefer the original Toby Maguire as well than Garfield. He suited spidey much more IMO. They were the original movies that brought spidey to the wide screen for the first time ever. It was amazing back then!

The reboot with Garfield was pointless. It really offered nothing new and far too early to reboot the franchise again. I didn't dislike the reboot, I deemed them unnecessary. Good to watch but offered no new depth.

You be surprised there are a lot of spidey fans out there waiting for a release on the original movies.

15 min codes? They deactivated after a lousy first few minutes. Need to be spot on live preorder time to use the codes.

The majority of the time the Steels go live early and the codes work the instant it's live and they are usually active for 10 to 15 mins (sometimes longer or at least they was when the zavwel code first surfaced) so when it hits the actual live time the code is usually deactivated not long after.

Also a huge huge spidey fan and maguire is the worst spiderman ever but always loved the trilogy anyway especially the second. It's prob the best spidey followed by the first Garfield spidey (IMO) but Garfield owned the role. Perfect spiderman. Holland looks like he will own it too. Maguire on the other hand was pathetic but I was young when they came out and was into them before my taste buds properly developed lol

Like normal with zavvi I'll put in a order tomorrow morning (start work at 8.30 so I'll just keep an eye out) and decide later.

It depends on the print run and if people want these I know a lot of people who simply didn't like Tobey as Spiderman, I loved him in it.

The codes have been very sporadic, ive always been on early and sometimes the code has worked and a few other preorders it didn't matter the code just didn't work which is annoying, literally 3 mins later it wouldn't work :(

I think us mugs that buy their steelbooks early and then usually get shafted when they are reduced not to long down the line should get some kinda loyalty bonus lol

You want a code for being a mug? Lol fair enough,

(Not saying every release because some do go quick and obviously we all have our favourites we have to get straight away or just new release marvels) but surely you learned your lesson with zavvi and you wait for price drops?
Even the steels that sell out usually come back cheaper.

Not waiting for your £7.99 price drop lol?

Like I said I usually order and then decide later, nowadays 80% of what I pre order from them I cancel (if I think it will stick around) before release and wait it out or get cheaper from elsewhere (bay, foreign countries etc)

I Do the same with HMV - yeah I missed out on the ghostbusters pop art but it's avaliable cheaper from other countries anyway. Same thing happened to me with American sniper, sold out before I could get it on the price drop but then picked up of the bay not long after for even cheaper. If your patient it pays off - mainly with UK steels but also with some premium ones too

Like I said I usually order and then decide later, nowadays 80% of what I pre order from them I cancel (if I think it will stick around) before release and wait it out or get cheaper from elsewhere (bay, foreign countries etc)

Pure cheating lol. I thought you had the balls to not order and wait 3 months for the price drop. The preorder 'just in case it gets sold out' :giggle:

If you don't care about the slips and data sheets other European countries are always cheaper.

Pure cheating lol. I thought you had the balls to not order and wait 3 months for the price drop. The preorder 'just in case it gets sold out' :giggle:

If you don't care about the slips and data sheets other European countries are always cheaper.

You'd be surprised how many do that. A hell of a lot on here do it.

By the way I don't mean I pre order every release and cancel before it comes out, just the films I'm into but don't mind waiting for a drop if I think they will stick around. I do keep some pre orders lol

Anyway a lot of my money goes on premium releases or vinyl nowadays

True but when it's a standard j card with a steel I couldn't give a t*ss what language or art they have on it. Most the time they rip because of the glue.
But I only do that if the steel and discs are the same all over and the titles in English which majority of the time they are.

Luckily the amazon Germany exclusives they get and we don't are always English friendly and they have some lovely steels

Alternatively great external artwork for a Futurepack wih the head, part of he thread and forefoot embossed. Somebody, please :happy::):woot::thumbs::thumbs:
I'm waiting the one steelbook that has random emboss....! Like, for no apparent reason his left thigh and first three fingers are embossed, and his right eye is debossed.:LOL:

For sure going to be pre-ordering all 3 of these simply because I don't own them and I love them as the first big spidey films

I assume that all 3 go up for pre-order at the same time? Or are they spaced 1 week apart like their release dates?