Spider-Man: Far From Home (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 11, 2019
Purchase links: 4K+2D - 4K+2D Collector's Edition (Pre-order live at Midnight July 2)
Price: £32.99 (4K+2D) - £74.99 (4K+2D Collector's Edition)
Notes: 3 Discs (4K UHD + 2D Blu-ray + Bonus Disc World Wide Web-Slinger)
12203577-1384708744830876.jpg

Collector's Edition with above steelbook
Collector's Edition Artwork to be updated as it still has mock up steelbook
12203580-1344.jpg 12203580-6964.jpg

12203577-6844708744881201.jpg 12203577-1154708741882539.jpg

12203577-1654684650152070.jpg

12203580-3004686046702845.jpg

Last edited:
What’s going on with the image/ pattern on the suit?
Why is some of it not symmetrical and more like a bodge job on suit.

272AF4CE-729F-42CB-BF5F-22724061E371.jpeg

I do love that front though, and very happy we get a regional WEA art. Especially considering the final act and it not being far from home for me.

Never thought I’d see spidey in London in a film let alone a steel

What do you all think of the HMV one, is it better than Zavvi? I noticed some saying about it being 3D, the description for the HMV one is now saying it's 3D.

1569752558880.png

Well put it this way, zavvi are getting the same from me on this one, HMV are not

What’s going on with the image/ pattern on the suit?
Why is some of it not symmetrical and more like a bodge job on suit.

View attachment 449020

I do love that front though, and very happy we get a regional WEA art. Especially considering the final act and it not being far from home for me.

Never thought I’d see spidey in London in a film let alone a steel
Think they probably just went a bit OTT with trying to make it look realistic by giving it that stretched material look in certain areas (I assume he's meant to actually be wearing the suit in that shot).

Reactions: Flloydo
I like how all the European countries are getting variants for their regions.
Just two so far on steelbooks . . . still need a few others such as Prague and Venice:-
1569752932199.png

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Suit looks good in black and red with that stripey pattern ... not sure about the big ass white spider though ...historically going back to the colours of the first suit (1962) ...
1569753990750.png
1569754359861.png

... although for me Spider-man only has one suit and that's the blue and red from 1966:-
1569754688163.png

Think they probably just went a bit OTT with trying to make it look realistic by giving it that stretched material look in certain areas (I assume he's meant to actually be wearing the suit in that shot).

That was my guess too but I can’t unsee it now

Reactions: Noodles
Scandinavia is getting this one, not sure if other countries also get it:

spider_man_far_from_home_steelbook_blu_ray.jpg

It's a bit too busy, but an okay design overall. Spidey's pose is awesome and I really like the background too, but I honestly would remove all the other characters from the picture with the exception of Spidey, the elementals and Mysterio, who would be better flying in the background with the full suit rather than Jake Gyllenhaal's face. Anyway, I have it pre-ordered and will definitely keep it. It's really awesome that all of the Sony's Spider-Man films (Homecoming, Venom, Spider-Verse and now FFH) have gotten a separate bonus disc with the steelbook editions in Scandinavia in recent years.

Wasn't the comic book style a UK one too?
Well, it was WWA so not specific to UK but I can't remember which retailer released it initially.
I don't think UK ever got the comic book artwork on an Incredible Hulk steelbook. But to be honest, I would've steered clear of it, with a wide margin, so maybe I just don't remember :LOL:

Scandinavia is getting this one, not sure if other countries also get it:
That's the second WWA (much better than the fish bowl, IMHO :)). The same artwork appears on many 4K releases, e.g., the US, CA, AU, TW, NL, and DE 4K SteelBooks, and also the Amazon FR Exclusive Blu-ray SteelBook.

Looks fine to me. If you enter it, it ruins the line from the top web. That said, I come down firmly on leaving the title off the steelbook. I only want to see it on the spine.
for me the web isn't so important but off center title really bugs me... i did a quick photoshop (see below) with the same size original title and it didn't even overlap with the web at all, so i don't know why they need to put the logo there... not good, not good at all...

SM_FFHFixed_Original.jpg

tell me, this doesn't look better?

can someone let Zavvi know? is there a chance they might fix this?

Last edited:
for me the web isn't so important but off center title really bugs me... i did a quick photoshop with the same size original title and it didn't even overlap with the web at all, so i don't know why they need to put the logo there... not good, not good at all...

View attachment 449167

Zavvi don't make the steelbooks

Zavvi don't make the steelbooks
ok so tell whoever makes this steelbook?

Fix it? Just because the title isn't centered doesn't mean it's broken lol. It doesn't have to be centered. There isn't anything to say that titles and art have to be centered on anything. I think it looks fine the way it is.
sure it doesn't need to be centered but it doesn't look good the way it is right now compare to the center that i just did....

Last edited:
for me the web isn't so important but off center title really bugs me... i did a quick photoshop with the same size original title and it didn't even overlap with the web at all, so i don't know why they need to put the logo there... not good, not good at all...

View attachment 449167

It didn’t bother me before but your quick fix does look a bit better. I wish it was changed now