Spider-Man: Far From Home (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 11, 2019
Purchase links: 4K+2D - 4K+2D Collector's Edition (Pre-order live at Midnight July 2)
Price: £32.99 (4K+2D) - £74.99 (4K+2D Collector's Edition)
Notes: 3 Discs (4K UHD + 2D Blu-ray + Bonus Disc World Wide Web-Slinger)
12203577-1384708744830876.jpg

Collector's Edition with above steelbook
Collector's Edition Artwork to be updated as it still has mock up steelbook
12203580-1344.jpg 12203580-6964.jpg

12203577-6844708744881201.jpg 12203577-1154708741882539.jpg

12203577-1654684650152070.jpg

12203580-3004686046702845.jpg

Last edited:
Firstly yes but i don't see that being muted with a variety of colours. Second you say lazy becuase of the bare metal sky I don't see that as lazy at all. I completely get you point. I'm not 5! I just disagree. These are subjective which I've said previously but you are not getting the point. Some people look at 1 thing as see it as lazy others see it as not lazy. Lastly I'm not comingat you I've tried to shut you up with every ******* comment I've posted but no you just keep ******* going. And maybe just maybe not everyone thinks like you do. Shocker I know. Now can we please put this ****** to bed. I've had an extreamly long day and I've got another one tomorrow. I'm tired. Your opinion. My opinion. Line under it move on

:LOL: :rofl: :rofl: At all of that

Why you got to say your not coming at me when I already said I know your not. Lol and you’re trying to shut me up? Brilliant. Funny that, seems like you keep coming too.

but you’ve had a long day lol we'll pick this back up tomorrow.... Same time?

I want to sound like a movie villain and say “you’ve picked the wrong person motherf******ker” but it won’t translate too well.... oh sh!t

Personally prefer/don't object to the brushed look on the background such as on the Studio Ghibli steels ...
1573518515933.png

... but not a fan of it within the artwork itself as makes the product look unfinished and cheap when it is evidently far from that.

Is the brushed effect a deliberate and intended design feature to add texture/variety of finish to the image?
Is it stinginess resulting in the application of insufficient paint ?
I'd go with the latter especially when someone advised me the other day that the recent Marvel 4K steels from The Americas - the ones with the framing borders - have better paint jobs and none of this brushed metallic malarkey.

Yes, Japan steelbook artwork my favourite but at over 70 quid against non-RC 35 quid works out at double the price.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
With Britain well-known for its raining cats and dogs weather and grey skies this metallic brushed effect - thankfully only on the background although in this case there is a lot of background giving the impression of poor old Spidey caught in a downpour on the bridge and in a rush to get home - is somehow appropriate to the location:-
View attachment 454534

That said not really a fan of the brushed metallic look although it could be argued that it adds a kind of texture to the artwork and another level of interest . . . for me it's only a step above a streaky matte finish in terms of desirability . . . sadly appearing on more and more recent releases including on some of those otherwise lovely Marvel 4K releases with the different coloured framing borders:-
View attachment 454535 View attachment 454536 Etc.

Its the cheaper way of doing it. Less attention to white layer and just slap it down.
I don't know why the brushed metallic look is such a big deal. As it's been said it's a recurring theme with the 4k line and steelbooks in general. Don't like it don't buy the product it's pretty darn simple really. I prefer the brushed metallic look over spotglossing any day. But then again I'm just happy to get this and thor ragnarok in my collection to get my 4k range that one step closer to complete.

It works well in some instances, but perhaps with the marvel 4k line is that many pics have circulated due to usa best buy and those are not same finish.

rarely is the brushed metal effect ever glossed over after the fact but Coco blufans did it ... made it look worse then it was in pics when in hand it was very nice.

Looks good in the flesh with metallic reflection in the eyes and neon colour highlights to the bridge . . . the brushed metallic look to the grey parts of the sky not a problem but still seems unnecessary considering metallic reflections are always more effective when used sparingly as accents such as on irises, belt buckles, weapons etc.

Reactions: spookz and jasong
dang didn't think there would be a lot of hate over this steelbook

I haven't gotten mine yet, but I know for sure it's better than what best buy was selling in North America. I'm glad I went with zaavi

Reactions: Orange Splice
Last edited:
Reactions: scarface007