Spider-Man: Far From Home (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #57) [China]

Stygian

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Jul 20, 2016
Canada
Release date: June - July 2022
Group buy: hosted by Wreck

730B2270-20C6-4159-BC27-48A3973C3B06.jpeg

50518054602_a0d2f362b6_k.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
New info directly from Kevin:

"It is not cancelled. All WEA steelbooks were already made a while ago and the slip arts had been approved. The release is waiting for a media publishing license from government regulatory agency. Without the permit, the studio is unable to import any discs for the release. However, if the license is still not issued in a short-run, Blufans might have that released in some discless editions. Please stay tuned!"

New info directly from Kevin:

"It is not cancelled. All WEA steelbooks were already made a while ago and the slip arts had been approved. The release is waiting for a media publishing license from government regulatory agency. Without the permit, the studio is unable to import any discs for the release. However, if the license is still not issued in a short-run, Blufans might have that released in some discless editions. Please stay tuned!"
Discless, discless, cheaper, cheaper. Yeah!!!!!

Reactions: Lenny Nero
Mental to think there's been thousands of these Steelbooks ready to go out all this time just sat waiting for the discs

I find it hard to care about Far From Home now No Way Home has happened though. That's the one I want a WEA release for now, seems very little chance of that though :(

Also, people opening it can put any steel they want ;)
ha! i started doing this with some of my fullslips to store varied editions rather than have 3/4 identical steels in a one click. easiest with FAC hardboxes since all of those have 1 WWA and 1 zavvi lenticular.

i'd hope they fix the artwork so it makes sense visually when displayed open. just have to mirror the images of spidey and mysterio, then swap the two backgrounds so they meet at the spine. if they have layered artwork for that poster it'd be a breeze.

Oh, yes, discless is better! I got the FAC version of Homecoming, but skipped this one, bought the Zavvi 4k steel.

Hope it's not a Fanbox only edition, never really like my Into the Spiderverse fanbox edition (not over their normal slip editions anyway). Would be weird if it was only one edition if Kevin says the slips were approved. Would be a shame not to get that cool looking OAB FFH slip as well