paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 20, 2017
Purchase links: Zavvi - Amazon UK - Zoom - HMV
Price: £24.99 (Zavvi - Zoom - Hmv) - £27.99 (Amazon)
Notes: Includes Resin Magnet + Comic Book

91kVD0XBXHL._SX342_ (1).jpg

329566-da3730a0ad145fc515cabb267f044be0.jpg

Last edited:
Lel, sold out while everyone was asleep? Cmon.. I dont buy it for a second.

It's also avalibale from other places

Zoom, HMV & Amazon are all selling this version also. Amazon price will most likely come down soon too

• Helpful Post
Reactions: DADDYCOOL187
I PO'd both editions with HMV, will decide nearer the time if I cancel this one and just get the 4K edition

Difficult to tell for sure but I'd assume the magnet will be flush with the front on the steelbook when slotted in place? I can't be bothered with something that isn't going to fit on the shelf properly.

• Thanks
Reactions: dLux
Difficult to tell for sure but I'd assume the magnet will be flush with the front on the steelbook when slotted in place? I can't be bothered with something that isn't going to fit on the shelf properly.

I don't like the Artwork mock up anyways...Pass from me...That magnet is a cool idea though

Will likely be like the Game of Thrones steelbook magnets, so not flush, and probably fall off it slightly touched lol

I expect that this will be the same the GOT SB's in which case it will fall off a lot unless you keep it in the box, which will be covered in lovely uk and eu logos.

The Resin Magnet will more likely like how the the Sony ghostbusters 2016 steelbook magnet was done

Remove the magnet you won't even know it was previously there if it's the same type that was used with Ghostbusters 2016 steelbook

Considering this is a Sony release it's likely to be the same but won't be known for sure until in hand

HMV hands down. I have been really impressed with HMV just lately, so will go down that route. Not into gimmicky things, and this looks like it will just be a pain on the shelf.

Last edited:
I don't think this mock-up is really getting across what the finished product will be like. It looks like a rubber case with a slot for the magnet. But if I understand the previous comments here, it will more likely be a regular steelbook with that spider logo on it (rather than a gap), and the magnet then goes over that, or not if you prefer to remove it?

Will likely be like the Game of Thrones steelbook magnets, so not flush, and probably fall off it slightly touched lol
Sony ghostbusters steelbook magnet was flush on the steelbook and when removed you would not even known it had a magnet
I put the magnet on my PC case while the steelbook itself just looks like any standard glossy steelbook
That previous mock up had it looking like was not flush

The artwork is a mock up at the moment and not the final artwork
It won't been know for sure until in hand with customers as to how the magnet will be done

The HMV exclusive wins it for me so far so that's the one i pre-ordered. Can't help but feel like the magnet is just a marketing gimmick which will make the overall steelbook suffer as a result.

Well, I got in my Zavvi pre-order last night and wasn't going to bother with the HMV one as it had 4K, but I've just done an order for that one too. This will definitely be a case of see what artwork is confirmed and then cancel one. I really don't want to double dip on this.

Well, I got in my Zavvi pre-order last night and wasn't going to bother with the HMV one as it had 4K, but I've just done an order for that one too. This will definitely be a case of see what artwork is confirmed and then cancel one. I really don't want to double dip on this.

Even if you're not after 4K, you could always sell the disc, plus you get a bonus disc. Bargain!

Preordered both at HMV, will decide nearer the time which one to keep. Bonus disc of the HMV exclusive could be worth it, more likely a "watch once and store away" kinda disc though.
Really don't need or want 4K or 3D so hopefully be able to flog the discs.