Spider-Man: Homecoming (4K+3D+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Blufans Exclusive #56) [China]

Aug 25, 2011
Hong Kong
Release date: TBA
Group buy: TBA
Notes: WEA Steelbook. Exclusive Lenticular Edition. Super limited print run

Boxset.jpgSL.jpgDL.jpgFullslip.jpg
50376831418_41b64f93a2_k.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm with him I'm afraid, hopefully they're just naff pictures as I'm far less enthusiastic about this release now :offtopic:

Although I do remember feeling the same about the Fanatics Frozen 2 until I got that in hand so I still have a glimmer of hope

I wouldn´t be worried much....you know how it is with Blufans, you said it yourself afterall :)....first pics are always underwhelming....Im sure this will be another stunner in hand as always with Blufans

is it just me or is the steelfront a bit underwhelming?
Underwhelming in what way though? It's embossed and just how it looked in the mockup. Are you underwhelmed because there's a whole vertical white patch?
I'll be honest, I would have preferred it if they embossed all the spider webs. But that was unrealistic of me and, other than that, this looks exactly as expected.

Underwhelming in what way though? It's embossed and just how it looked in the mockup. Are you underwhelmed because there's a whole vertical white patch?
I'll be honest, I would have preferred it if they embossed all the spider webs. But that was unrealistic of me and, other than that, this looks exactly as expected.
Yeah the white patch, the embossing of spidey looks a bit strange and the colors are very dull
"homecoming" is embossed, so thats nice, but the rest.. meh

Reactions: tommyh84
Colors being dull is your only real valid point, and I think that's just going to be the photos like Hereticz said. The angle isn't showing it off well, they're after the embossing.
And spidey is pretty small in that art so of course it's not a lot of embossing. But you should have expected that! Tell me the truth, did you just look at the steel today for the first time? :naughty: :naughty:

• Haha
Reactions: Basil
Colors being dull is your only real valid point, and I think that's just going to be the photos like Hereticz said. The angle isn't showing it off well, they're after the embossing.
And spidey is pretty small in that art so of course it's not a lot of embossing. But you should have expected that! Tell me the truth, did you just look at the steel today for the first time? :naughty: :naughty:
If you wouldnt be such a BF fanboy, you would see that all these points are valid. :wacky: Why should it matter if I expected something or not? They should produce a premium Steel for a premium price, and judging from the pictures, it is not.
This thing looks like a mediocre Zavvi Marvel Steel for me. But maybe you and Hereticz are right and the problem is only the photographer lol

• Haha
Reactions: RMA
If you wouldnt be such a BF fanboy, you would see that all these points are valid. :wacky:
:cautious: :cautious: :LOL:
Why should it matter if I expected something or not?
Well I only meant it as in you were underwhelmed because it seems like you expected something that wasn't on the mockup.
They should produce a premium Steel for a premium price, and judging from the pictures, it is not.
And they do produce a premium steel. I think it's the photos, if it's not, then you can rant once better ones emerge.
There is no other retailer that produces a better steel. Not one.
This thing looks like a mediocre Zavvi Marvel Steel for me.
giphy.gif

But maybe you and Hereticz are right and the problem is only the photographer lol
We are :cigar::cigar:

I like the "Jesus Christ Spider-Man" artwork on the front. All it needs is a cross behind Spidey and we are all set. "Jesus Christ, Spider-Man, who are you what have you sacrificed......"

Maybe the main 3 or 4 Webs coming from each hand could of been thinly embossed but other than that it looks fine as expected

Filmarena still has the best One Click (Maniacs Box) and WEA steelbook.
I think we need some pictures from @megabee or someone else that is a camera black belt before going to far with definitive statements.
Also I have only seen fairpictures of the OC and steelbook, the DL pictures were bettee. Probably be best to see the other 2 editions I haven't seen here or anywhere else yet before passing judgement,
I think the Filmarena version is okay but not amazing. Now the Blufans OAB Lenti Slip that's clearly the best slip so far of this title which I realize isn't exactly breaking news.

Reactions: Billy Talent