Group buy: click here to join
Notes: 4K Ultra HD, 3D Blu-ray, 2D Blu-ray, Bonus Blu-ray Disc and Comic

02-484043.jpg

03-484043.jpg
01-484043.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anybody heard back from HMV yet?
Yes - have just received a response from them:

I am sorry for any confusion regarding the number of discs included in the Spiderman 4k Steelbook.

I can confirm that the Spiderman 4K Steelbook does include 3 discs and not 4, as advertised on store.hmv.com. As you probably have already found, your steelbook contains a 4K ultra HD, a 3D Blu Ray and a 2D Blu Ray disc; however, please be assured that all of the bonus content that was intended to feature on the 4th disc, has been included on the Blu Ray disc instead. We would like to assure you that while the format of the product varies from our listing, all of the bonus features advertised are still included.

Should you no longer require this item, we ask that you return this item to us as originally sold, with all digital content unredeemed, for a full refund.

Apologies again for any confusion caused and I do hope that this information has clarified the matter. Please feel free to contact us should you require any further assistance.

Kind regards,

Jordan.

Customer Service Advisor

store.hmv.com

so has anyone found that 20 minute bonus clip on the bluray like stated?
It's not on the 2D Blu-ray

There does exist from Sony a Bonus Blu-ray Disc and also a DVD Bonus Disc with the extras not on the 2D Blu-ray

France FNAC and Italy have that Blu-ray Bonus Disc in the WWA steelbook with Resin Magnet and in USA with the Target Exclusive Digipack

DVD Bonus Disc in UK is exclusive with Tesco Big Sleeve Edition
HMV also have a exclusive DVD release with bonus disc what's on that bonus disc I don't know

What happened in regards to the steelbook not including the Bonus Disc only HMV or Sony can provide the real answer but HMV so far have just given a generic reply stating the bonus disc extras are on the 2D Blu-ray
That reply from HMV is incorrect

Sony do have a Bonus Disc available but for whatever reasons it was not included with the HMV Steelbook

Hmv simply should have corrected the website description before customers orders was dispatched and payment taken and informed by email it would not include the bonus disc

It's still a fantastic release but HMV went about it the wrong way in regards to not informing customers about the bonus disc before release date and orders dispatched

Last edited:
so has anyone found that 20 minute bonus clip on the bluray like stated?
I haven't looked, and to be perfectly honest if that's all it is then I'm not particularly fussed anyway. Had it been a fully-loaded features disc that we were missing out on, then I might have felt differently...

You're not gonna be able to return as sold cause like me you've likely opened it to find the extra disc weren't there
True, but then I don't want to return it anyway. As I said above, had it been a fully-loaded features disc that we were missing out on, though, then I might have felt differently...

It wasn't helpful because I had a preorder for a 4 disc set and got a 3 disc set, telling me all the bonus content from said fourth disc is on the blu ray isn't true as we know several retailers have included the bonus disc as well as the other discs. People can trivialise it however they like saying it's only "20 minutes" worth of extras but I had a long standing preorder for 4 disc set, that's what I expect to get.

If I go into a cafe a buy a full breakfast with everything listed on the menu for £3 and then it comes without toast, I don't just say to myself "oh well, no toast but thats fine cause i've got great value on my plate", I say where the bloody hell is my toast cause I paid for what was advertised and expect to get that.. I suppose on one hand a cafe would give me extra bacon or an egg if they had no bread but I didn't even get so much as a goodwill gesture here, just a half assed apology

They still helped you.

It's not on the 2D Blu-ray

There does exist from Sony a Bonus Blu-ray Disc and also a DVD Bonus Disc with the extras not on the 2D Blu-ray

France FNAC and Italy have that Blu-ray Bonus Disc in the WWA steelbook with Resin Magnet and in USA with the Target Exclusive Digipack

HMV also have a exclusive DVD release with bonus disc what's on that bonus disc I don't know

What happened in regards to the steelbook not including the Bonus Disc only HMV or Sony can provide the real answer but HMV so far have just given a generic reply stating the bonus disc extras are on the 2D Blu-ray
That reply from HMV is incorrect

Sony do have a Bonus Disc available but for whatever reasons it was not included with the HMV Steelbook

Hmv simply should have corrected the website description before customers orders was dispatched and payment taken and informed by email it would not include the bonus disc

It's still a fantastic release but HMV went about it the wrong way in regards to not informing customers about the bonus disc before release date and orders dispatched

Paul, you've hit the nail on the head

It's all good people saying "i'm not fussed about the extra disc unless it was 'fully loaded' with features cause i've got a full package with 4k,3d and 2d" but if HMV had listed this as a 4K,2D and 3D combo then it arrived without the 4k or 3d disc and they went about using the whole "its got the same film and features on the discs included anyway" people would be pretty pissed. You can shrug this off like its meaningless cause it's a "20 minute" bonus disc (No one actually knows for sure what's on the disc so the dumb 20 minute assumption is meaningless) but i've seen people flip out over premium Asian releases come minus one character card yet when it's something of actual value to the package people act like they don't care

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
Yes - have just received a response from them:

I am sorry for any confusion regarding the number of discs included in the Spiderman 4k Steelbook.

I can confirm that the Spiderman 4K Steelbook does include 3 discs and not 4, as advertised on store.hmv.com. As you probably have already found, your steelbook contains a 4K ultra HD, a 3D Blu Ray and a 2D Blu Ray disc; however, please be assured that all of the bonus content that was intended to feature on the 4th disc, has been included on the Blu Ray disc instead. We would like to assure you that while the format of the product varies from our listing, all of the bonus features advertised are still included.

Should you no longer require this item, we ask that you return this item to us as originally sold, with all digital content unredeemed, for a full refund.

Apologies again for any confusion caused and I do hope that this information has clarified the matter. Please feel free to contact us should you require any further assistance.

Kind regards,

Jordan.

Customer Service Advisor

store.hmv.com

Exactly the same reply as I have received today.

Ouch! Just tested mine after seeing your post, and it plays fine through that section (I watched about 2-3 minutes either side - no time to watch the whole film tonight, unfortunately). That's on a Sony UBPX800.

Ended up taking my copy instore today to see if they would exchange an online order and they gave me a brand new copy and £5 off my next 4K purchase. Oh and my new 4K disc works perfect.

Ended up taking my copy instore today to see if they would exchange an online order and they gave me a brand new copy and £5 off my next 4K purchase. Oh and my new 4K disc works perfect.
They let you exchange it in store? When I received a damaged copy of Logan, they told me I could exchange it in a store, but the Oxford Street store in London told me that was incorrect. Not that they could have exchanged it anyway as they had already sold their entire allocation (apart from those put aside for pre-order reservations yet to be collected). I ended up having to reorder from the website, just moments before they sold out too!

A good result all round, then! Glad to hear your 4K disc plays ok, too!

I haven't looked, and to be perfectly honest if that's all it is then I'm not particularly fussed anyway. Had it been a fully-loaded features disc that we were missing out on, then I might have felt differently...

I agree. For what you are getting, a piddly little 20 minute disc that you are probably not going to watch is small beer.

Fully paid up my preorder in my (relatively) local HMV on Friday so its ready to collect whenever I'm next down that way which will be next Friday.

Do we know what is on these bonus discs that is not on the 2D blu-ray in the HMV set? If so, then we can respond to HMV with those details.

Blu-ray Bonus Disc in France/Italy/USA
Rogues Gallery" featurette (20:10)
So that's it, just a 20 minute featurette? I agree it's still not as advertised, but not something I'd lose much sleep over, either.

HMV MAY argue that they were never going to include that particular extra anyway, and therefore that the extras that were going to be on a separate disc were included on the same disc as the film, making their statement back to me correct. Unless it actually stated somewhere in the HMV listing that this featurette was going to be included...

So that's it, just a 20 minute featurette? I agree it's still not as advertised, but not something I'd lose much sleep over, either.

HMV MAY argue that they were never going to include that particular extra anyway, and therefore that the extras that were going to be on a separate disc were included on the same disc as the film, making their statement back to me correct. Unless it actually stated somewhere in the HMV listing that this featurette was going to be included...
Hmv stated the Bonus Disc extras in emails sent to customers are on the 2D Blu-ray that info they gave was incorrect

A Sony Bonus Blu-ray and Bonus DVD Discs does exist
France (FNAC)/Italy (Amazon) USA (Target) include the Blu-ray Bonus Disc
UK It's a DVD Bonus Disc with Big Sleeve Blu-ray Edition from Tesco

HMV maybe was meant to have this Bonus Disc and is why they originally listed on their website as included and this then got changed by Sony in regards to HMV exclusive

What has happened only Sony can tell us if they are willing it looks like they gave the Bonus Disc to Tesco as an exclusive instead and HMV simply did not update their website before release date or inform customers of change of contents as previously advertised before taking payment or dispatching orders