Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $34.99

Spider-Man_HC_BB.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ohhhh now that is cool art, not seen that before

Looks like there might be a few different versions art wise

@Noodles
100% YES! :drool:

I much prefer this artwork to any of the others... not surprising though, since it's done by an actual artist. I didn't recognise the name Ryan Meinerding, but just Googled him and I definitely recognise his work, as I'm sure most Marvel fans will -- he did the following Avengers piece...

6535794_1fd84b0b7d8f6d6d1eb4b8fe405ac117_wm.jpg

100% YES! :drool:

I much prefer this artwork to any of the others... not surprising though, since it's done by an actual artist. I didn't recognise the name Ryan Meinerding, but just Googled him and I definitely recognise his work, as I'm sure most Marvel fans will -- he did the following Avengers piece...

View attachment 320974

I love that avengers art

Would love a print of it

Tbh id love the HMV art to turn out to be this, but the HMV art is still cool and better than most posters

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
I love the artwork and pre-ordered the steelbook. I really hope they stick with this art and hope it's a US exclusive. My only nitpick is the same nitpick from various Spider-Man comics: in a suburban neighborhood (like the one pictured) without skyscrapers, how would Spider-Man even get around? There's no way he could swing as high as he's shown in the picture without hanging onto a flying object. Iron Man could be that object, but he's behind Spider-Man. Just food for thought.

• Thanks
Reactions: Ask
ahh, I forgot it's Iron Man 4 feat. Spider-Man, so they should remove Spider-Man on the cover :p

Except he doesn't, he's barely in it at all (thankfully)

Hopefully there will be other designs to satisfy everyone. Seems like the UK will be getting a couple of versions anyway. I personally like this artwork as shown. It may change then again it may not. Either way I'll still be getting it.

My only nitpick is the same nitpick from various Spider-Man comics: in a suburban neighborhood (like the one pictured) without skyscrapers, how would Spider-Man even get around? There's no way he could swing as high as he's shown in the picture without hanging onto a flying object. Iron Man could be that object, but he's behind Spider-Man. Just food for thought.
When I first saw that art, I thought the same thing... it doesn't make any sense to me...

• Thanks
Reactions: JCC and tridon
Just like @Wreck & @tridon discussed in the recent HDN podcast (plug, plug, plug) Best Buy are knocking out some great titles looking forward to seeing what they do with this release.

https://www.hidefninja.com/community/threads/the-hi-def-ninja-podcast-is-here.87093/
(edited by Drum, added the link... if we do plug/plug/plug, let's make it real) :p

Thanks for the plug, @Danzigg1979! And @Drum18, I love the edit! :LOL:

When I first saw that art, I thought the same thing... it doesn't make any sense to me...

I'd just pretend that Peter rented a helicopter to fly him through a residential area. :p

I get what you're saying, though. That always bugged me when I read the comics. That said, Ryan Meinerding is a beast and he killed this artwork! Just gorgeous! :drool:

Though I agree... Iron Man should've been left off it.

• Thanks
Reactions: Drum18
I like the artwork, but as others have noted, I would prefer if it didn't include Iron Man. Hopefully, this will be the artwork for a hopeful Canadian release announcement. As a collector, I'll also have to pick up one of the, seemingly, European releases, with the spider magnet. Can anyone tell me which release of the spider magnet version would not be region locked?