Star Trek 1-10 Limited Edition Collection (Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zoom Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: July 18, 2016
Purchase link: Zoom
Price: £125
HDN Group Buy: hosted by Naughtius Maximus

1.jpg

2.jpg 3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Dano and Sigill
The certificates on the box are not removable, they are printed on. Each steelbook has removable sticker certificates though.

Both versions of Wrath of Khan are on the disc.

The top of the box opens and the steelbooks are just lined up inside. So the only side you ever see of them is the top, as long as you have the box lid open. Also, it is not a tight fit the steels are quite loose inside.

What languages are on the director's cut edition? I take it the regular version holds the european languages, but does so the director's cut?

The steelbook @GBP 11.25 - 14.99 or the Amaray @GBP 8.99 at Amazon or same price at HMV (also in HMV's "5 for GBP 30" promotion):-
upload_2016-7-19_22-48-47.png
01-312049.jpg

RE: THE DIRECTOR'S CUT:-
http://trekcore.com/blog/2016/06/review-star-trek-the-wrath-of-khan-directors-cut-bluray/

RE: AUDIO & SUBS:-
Codec: MPEG-4 AVC (32.34 Mbps)
Resolution: 1080p
Aspect ratio: 1.78:1
Original aspect ratio: 2.39:1
Audio
English: Dolby TrueHD 7.1 (48kHz, 24-bit)
Italian: Dolby Digital 5.1 (640 kbps)
French: Dolby Digital 2.0
German: Dolby Digital 2.0
Spanish: Dolby Digital 2.0
Subtitles
English, English SDH, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Arabic, Croatian, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish
Discs
Blu-ray Disc
Single disc (1 BD-50)
BD-Live
Playback
Region B (A, C untested)

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Sargast and Sigill
Can anyone take a picture of how it looks inside the box, I want to see how the steelbooks are etc, I've looked everywhere online and there's no pics :(

Can anyone take a picture of how it looks inside the box, I want to see how the steelbooks are etc, I've looked everywhere online and there's no pics :(
Give it a few days I'm sure some time this week or next week there will be unboxing videos online

The steelbook @GBP 11.25 - 14.99 or the Amaray @GBP 8.99 at Amazon or same price at HMV (also in HMV's "5 for GBP 30" promotion):-
View attachment 253096
01-312049.jpg

RE: THE DIRECTOR'S CUT:-
http://trekcore.com/blog/2016/06/review-star-trek-the-wrath-of-khan-directors-cut-bluray/

RE: AUDIO & SUBS:-
Codec: MPEG-4 AVC (32.34 Mbps)
Resolution: 1080p
Aspect ratio: 1.78:1
Original aspect ratio: 2.39:1
Audio
English: Dolby TrueHD 7.1 (48kHz, 24-bit)
Italian: Dolby Digital 5.1 (640 kbps)
French: Dolby Digital 2.0
German: Dolby Digital 2.0
Spanish: Dolby Digital 2.0
Subtitles
English, English SDH, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Arabic, Croatian, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish
Discs
Blu-ray Disc
Single disc (1 BD-50)
BD-Live
Playback
Region B (A, C untested)
Thanks, that's very helpful. All those languages are of the director's cut or the theatrical cut? These come straight from the disc? Thanks

I can provide a photo, the steelbooks are all sealed with their j-cards, and are standing upwards in a row, the box opening lid is at the top, so you see the top of the steelbooks in a row.

Hope that helps a bit...:thumbs:
zoom open box.JPG

I can provide a photo, the steelbooks are all sealed with their j-cards, and are standing upwards in a row, the box opening lid is at the top, so you see the top of the steelbooks in a row.

Hope that helps a bit...:thumbs:
View attachment 253165

That's a shame it opens from the top, what was the point of doing the spines making a picture when in the outer box you can't see them :(

I'll be converting the box by carefully cutting out the back so that the steels can be displayed on my shelving with all the spines and the 50th Anniversary logo visible.
As mentioned earlier I would have preferred the box to have been of the slipbox style designed to display the row of 10 spines . . .
Oh, well, never mind . . . rather have the box than not especially as it didn't add anything to the cost of the package (quite the contrary in fact).

Reactions: Flash
A flip idea would have been good, covered box but front flap could have been lifted to show the spines.

• Thanks
Reactions: virkia
Got my box set yesterday, the box itself isn't all that, but i am a happy customer with all the steelbooks. I think it will be like the bond steelbooks some of the films will sell out like Wrath of Khan and then double in price and I'm not willing to take that risk.

According to someone who has opened the set "On most of the steelbooks the whole title is debossed but on others only the "Star Trek" part is"

Star Trek "First Contact" and "The Motion Picture" have only the Star Trek Part debossed, all the other titles are debossed as well as the star trek part. Hope this helps

Still no unboxings are people that unimpressed about this? There is so many unboxings of the s***** things how can no one have made a video of this cool set? :(

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Basil
Now for the real thing - an Amaray BOXSET that REALLY celebrates the 50TH ANNIVERSARY of the ORIGINAL TV SERIES and also now with the ANIMATED SERIES included for the first time in the U.K.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01J7NMAQC/?tag=hidefnin-21

Deep pockets required - at least at pre-order (GBP 119.99)
Amazon exclusive
5th September release
Really cool artwork, though (as if caught mid beam down)

Product Description
Celebrate 50 years of the original ‘five-year mission' that changed the world with the biggest, most comprehensive Star Trek collection ever released - encompassing every episode of Star Trek: The Original Series, Star Trek: The Animated Series on Blu-ray for the first time exclusively in this set prior to release, and all six movies featuring the original Enterprise crew. Spanning across 30 Blu-ray discs, boldly go deeper with a brand new, multi-part documentary chronicling Star Trek's 50-year journey, as well as over 20 hours of additional bonus content! The final frontier awaits...

This 30 Disc Blu-ray Collection contains -

• STAR TREK The Original Series
  • STAR TREK The Animated Series
  • STAR TREK The Motion Picture
  • STAR TREK II The Wrath of Khan Director's Cut
  • STAR TREK III The Search for Spock
  • STAR TREK IV The Voyage Home
  • STAR TREK V: The Final Frontier
  • STAR TREK VI: The Undiscovered Country
  • Collectible Art Illustrated by Juan Ortiz for Movies 1-6
https://www.google.com/search?q=jua...FChoKHbPTAg8QsAQIJQ&biw=1821&bih=696&dpr=0.75
  • Collectible 50th Anniversary Starfleet Insignia Badge
Bonus Content

STAR TREK: The Journey to the Silver Screen - New 50th Anniversary Multi-Part Documentary
- The New Frontier: Resurrecting Star Trek
- Maiden Voyage: Making Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- The Genesis Effect: Engineering The Wrath of Khan
- The Dream is Alive: The Continuing Mission
- End of an Era: Charting the Undiscovered Country

Reactions: Doctor
Now for the real thing - an Amaray BOXSET that REALLY celebrates the 50TH ANNIVERSARY of the ORIGINAL TV SERIES and also now with the ANIMATED SERIES included for the first time in the U.K.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01J7NMAQC/?tag=hidefnin-21

Deep pockets required - at least at pre-order (GBP 119.99)
Amazon exclusive
5th September release
Really cool artwork, though (as if caught mid beam down)

Product Description
Celebrate 50 years of the original ‘five-year mission' that changed the world with the biggest, most comprehensive Star Trek collection ever released - encompassing every episode of Star Trek: The Original Series, Star Trek: The Animated Series on Blu-ray for the first time exclusively in this set prior to release, and all six movies featuring the original Enterprise crew. Spanning across 30 Blu-ray discs, boldly go deeper with a brand new, multi-part documentary chronicling Star Trek's 50-year journey, as well as over 20 hours of additional bonus content! The final frontier awaits...

This 30 Disc Blu-ray Collection contains -

• STAR TREK The Original Series
  • STAR TREK The Animated Series
  • STAR TREK The Motion Picture
  • STAR TREK II The Wrath of Khan Director's Cut
  • STAR TREK III The Search for Spock
  • STAR TREK IV The Voyage Home
  • STAR TREK V: The Final Frontier
  • STAR TREK VI: The Undiscovered Country
  • Collectible Art Illustrated by Juan Ortiz for Movies 1-6
https://www.google.com/search?q=jua...FChoKHbPTAg8QsAQIJQ&biw=1821&bih=696&dpr=0.75
  • Collectible 50th Anniversary Starfleet Insignia Badge
Bonus Content

STAR TREK: The Journey to the Silver Screen - New 50th Anniversary Multi-Part Documentary
- The New Frontier: Resurrecting Star Trek
- Maiden Voyage: Making Star Trek: The Motion Picture
- The Genesis Effect: Engineering The Wrath of Khan
- The Dream is Alive: The Continuing Mission
- End of an Era: Charting the Undiscovered Country
Thanks, but I really don't need this as I already have the original series on Blu-ray plus the zoom set of steelbooks. I can wait for the individual release of the animated series to replace my DVD set, as I see it states that the Amazon set includes "Star Trek: The Animated Series on Blu-ray for the first time exclusively in this set prior to release".