snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: November 21, 2016
Purchase link: Zoom
Price: £22.99
Notes: Steelbook artwork will be identical to standard Steelbook edition but includes an exclusive lenticular magnet

8309499_1.jpg

1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
yep and they take aaggess to cancel some times, and you cannot see what you ordered on the order number either!
I noticed that too... I wanted to cancel an order a few weeks back and had to go through my deleted emails just to find the order number for the item so that I could match it up with the order I actually wanted to cancel on their site. I suppose it's still early days for Zoom though, so hopefully they're working on improving stuff like that.

• Thanks
Reactions: chunk
I noticed that too... I wanted to cancel an order a few weeks back and had to go through my deleted emails just to find the order number for the item so that I could match it up with the order I actually wanted to cancel on their site. I suppose it's still early days for Zoom though, so hopefully they're working on improving stuff like that.

And similar to HMV you cannot cancel a single order from a grouped order. You have to cancel the whole order. Hopefully it would be as user friendly as the old Play.com was. Really miss that retailer in the old days with their old exclusives for £10.99.

And similar to HMV you cannot cancel a single order from a grouped order. You have to cancel the whole order. Hopefully it would be as user friendly as the old Play.com was. Really miss that retailer in the old days with their old exclusives for £10.99.
Damn, really? I didn't even know you were unable to do that with HMV, let alone Zoom as well. Still amazes me that these sites are so old fashioned and lack the simplest tools/options... same goes for Zavvi and their inability to let customers change the delivery address etc for an existing order.

But yeah, those were definitely the good ol' days when Play were in the steelbook game. And to think people used to complain about their prices back then... they would've had a heart attack if they knew what was to come!

• Thanks
Reactions: ChrisIW and sunnyx

I hope they sort out a order history page with more detail soon too, at the moment every time I make a pre order with zoom, when I get to the order reference number page I do a screen grab/write on my phone and write next to the order number what the steelbook title is and then save it in my pictures folder.. seems really stupid to have to do such things when it can be easily fixed by them.. hopefully they'll get it sorted:)

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
I hope they sort out a order history page with more detail soon too, at the moment every time I make a pre order with zoom, when I get to the order reference number page I do a screen grab/write on my phone and write next to the order number what the steelbook title is and then save it in my pictures folder.. seems really stupid to have to do such things when it can be easily fixed by them.. hopefully they'll get it sorted:)
They seem to be good at listening to feedback, so yeah... hopefully they'll take all this on board. :)

• Thanks
Reactions: chunk
When you have like 5-10 different orders it can bit of a hassle sometimes to keep track and they don't always answer the phone as most times they are very busy.

Everytime we have phoned them, they have answered very quickly and been extremely helpful with many orders and for us it's great to be able to talk to an actual person about orders (unlike zavvi)

• Thanks
Reactions: Basil and sunnyx
They seem to be good at listening to feedback, so yeah... hopefully they'll take all this on board. :)

Yeah they seem to be good so far, I've had to cancel a few things when I've reordered using a code and they've cancelled the item within 24 hours of me emailing them:) I also cancelled my hannibal steelbook when I found out it was silver and they rufunded my paypal pretty quickly.. there are pretty much just two things I'd like from them, a better cancelling system that I can do myself (like zavvi's, or hmv) with the steelbook info in the order history also a decent box to post the steelbook in.. oops thats 3 things lol. Overall I'm happy with zoom and really liking that the uk has got another steelbook retailer:) :) and I would love them if they were to keep the 15% off code working indefinitely :rofl:

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles
Everytime we have phoned them, they have answered very quickly and been extremely helpful with many orders and for us it's great to be able to talk to an actual person about orders (unlike zavvi)

Oh do not mention Zavvi at all! I just phoned Zoom up to discuss an issue with one of my orders. Really happy I got through in one go. It appears I have been billed full price for a steel not taking into account the discount code. Also been billed twice for some reason. They have referred this to their IT department to look into. Could be an isolated issue.

Oh do not mention Zavvi at all! I just phoned Zoom up to discuss an issue with one of my orders. Really happy I got through in one go. It appears I have been billed full price for a steel not taking into account the discount code. Also been billed twice for some reason. They have referred this to their IT department to look into. Could be an isolated issue.

That's a shame. I can only speak from our own experience. They made sure an earlier preorder was reduced to the correct discounted amount. They also refunded us and quite a few others on this forum quite a lot of money regarding the Star Trek steelbook situation which they honestly didn't have to. So at the moment I can only praise them. I am sorry you have had some issues.

Yeah they seem to be good so far, I've had to cancel a few things when I've reordered using a code and they've cancelled the item within 24 hours of me emailing them:) I also cancelled my hannibal steelbook when I found out it was silver and they rufunded my paypal pretty quickly.. there are pretty much just two things I'd like from them, a better cancelling system that I can do myself (like zavvi's, or hmv) with the steelbook info in the order history also a decent box to post the steelbook in.. oops thats 3 things lol. Overall I'm happy with zoom and really liking that the uk has got another steelbook retailer:) :) and I would love them if they were to keep the 15% off code working indefinitely :rofl:
I can only echo everything you just said... they've always responded to my emails and refunded me quickly too. Their customer service is definitely top notch! :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: Flash and chunk
I finally got around to watching this recentley and as I wasn't a big fan of Into darkness (had some good moments) and the trailer for this not looking too great I didn't have high expectations, but I absolutely loved it. Thought it p*ssed all over into darkness.

Thought the new characters were great, really enjoyed pegg more in this film, story was cool, the action was amazing especially the last 45 mins. I'm not a Trekkie or a fan of the tv series or old films (except when we was younger getting stoned watching the old tv series used to make us laugh - especially if you mute it and play jay z the blueprint over it - strangely works and get great dubbing - especially when Spock is rapping about girls girls girls!) anyway... I loved how it was a bit like the tv series and being stranded on another planet

I remember being in the film thead when the trailer landed and we were pretty much ripping it etc and the beastie boys song was mentioned. Now I understand why the trailers weren't great (hard to make a trailer for this film IMO) but the beastie boys moment was awesome...... Made sense too

Was weird seeing Anton in his last role!

Can't wait for the steel. Defo keeping the pre order

• Thanks
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Basil and Noodles
I finally got around to watching this recentley and as I wasn't a big fan of Into darkness (had some good moments) and the trailer for this not looking too great I didn't have high expectations, but I absolutely loved it. Thought it p*ssed all over into darkness.

Thought the new characters were great, really enjoyed pegg more in this film, story was cool, the action was amazing especially the last 45 mins. I'm not a Trekkie or a fan of the tv series or old films (except when we was younger getting stoned watching the old tv series used to make us laugh - especially if you mute it and play jay z the blueprint over it - strangely works and get great dubbing - especially when Spock is rapping about girls girls girls!) anyway... I loved how it was a bit like the tv series and being stranded on another planet

I remember being in the film thead when the trailer landed and we were pretty much ripping it etc and the beastie boys song was mentioned. Now I understand why the trailers weren't great (hard to make a trailer for this film IMO) but the beastie boys moment was awesome...... Made sense too

Was weird seeing Anton in his last role!

Can't wait for the steel. Defo keeping the pre order

I loved the movie too, I'd say it's best of the three! It definitely feels like classic trek, which is probably down to Simon Pegg as he co-wrote, and is also a massive Trekie.

Can't wait for this steelbook to land, I have a feeling it's going to be special!

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
I loved the previous two Star Trek films, but this one felt very different to me... certainly not in a bad way though, as I enjoyed it from start to finish! Looking forward to seeing this steel in the flesh. :)