• Deleted Scenes
  • Writer’s Log: Michelle Paradise
  • Star Trek: Discovery: The Voyage of Season 3
  • Stunted
  • Being Michael Burnham
  • Kenneth Mitchell: To Boldly Go
  • Bridge Building
  • Gag Reel and more!

What's with the sudden £10 increase?? Didn't enjoy this series as much as the other 2 .... bit too 'woke' ... but would have been nice to complete the set ... but certainly not at that price. US version is roughly £30.
Haha. I got it for cheaper than that importing from the States

Reactions: spookz
What's with the sudden £10 increase?? Didn't enjoy this series as much as the other 2 .... bit too 'woke' ... but would have been nice to complete the set ... but certainly not at that price. US version is roughly £30.

I gave up at end of season 1, way too woke and cringe worthy. Gene would be spinning in his grave at this utter rubbish!

Must be the third or fourth time I've read the comment "Gene would be spinning in his grave..."

Is he or isn't he spinning in his grave? Do you mean he would be spinning in his grave...if he were alive today...in his grave?

Why would he be alive in his grave?

Why don't people just say that he would hate this if he were alive today?

People sound like idiots saying it the other way.

Kinda like "Make like a tree...and get outta here."

or

"That's as funny as a screen door on a battleship."

• Haha
Reactions: RyanD and Crugsy
Must be the third or fourth time I've read the comment "Gene would be spinning in his grave..."

Is he or isn't he spinning in his grave? Do you mean he would be spinning in his grave...if he were alive today...in his grave?

Why would he be alive in his grave?

Why don't people just say that he would hate this if he were alive today?

It's a well known old saying, present in pretty much all languages and cultures I'm aware of, meaning exactly that one would be angry or/and upset, had one been alive today to witness whatever the saying relates to.
Only the proper way would be saying "rolls over in his grave", not spins, but, I guess, it's a 'postmodern' intensification.
In slavic languages it literally translates "turns over in his coffin", but basically the same thing.

Last edited:
It's a well known old saying, present in pretty much all languages and cultures I'm aware of, meaning exactly that one would be angry or/and upset, had one been alive today to witness whatever the saying relates to.
Only the proper way would be saying "rolls over in his grave", not spins, but, I guess, it's a 'postmodern' intensification.
In slavic languages it literally translates "turns over in his coffin", but basically the same thing.

Oh, I'm well aware of the saying and what it is supposed to mean.. My point is it has never made any sense.

Somebody made a joke a long time ago when they came up with the saying.

It just makes more sense to say that "Gene is spinning in his grave" or that somebody "is turning in their grave" about something.

To say somebody would be turning in his grave if he were alive today...well duh...wouldn't you be if you were buried alive? No need for somebody to ruin your creation to be upset about being alive in a coffin buried underground.

Actually I believe the original saying probably is "he's turning in his grave" without any mention of said person being alive.

Somebody probably misquoted it and others have been saying it wrong ever since.

Like a Biff.

To say somebody would be turning in his grave if he were alive today...well duh...wouldn't you be if you were buried alive? No need for somebody to ruin your creation to be upset about being alive in a coffin buried underground.
Oh, right, I see what you meant.

stressed run GIF by Rhymesayers

• Haha
Reactions: Stygian