Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 18, 2019
Purchase link: Zoom UK - Zavvi
Price: £35.00 (Zoom) - £34.99 (Zavvi)

Star Trek Discovery.jpg

Last edited:
Silly to pre order at that price from Zoom, Zavvi still have season 1 in stock so obviously not that big a demand for it and knowing zoom they will have it in one of their sales at some point for half that price or less, better taking the risk and waiting

But are you sure the print will be of the same size? Seeing the stock of S1 they might decide to do a smaller print.

Did not know that which ones have been exclusive to zoom that where not available to zavvi out of interest
Don't quote me but I think just these three remained exclusive:-
GROUNDHOG DAY (January 2017)
TMNT: OUT OF THE SHADOWS (October 2017)
STAR TREK BEYOND lenticular (November 2017)

or they have exclusive for a while then get passed onto zavvi or amazon later and they sell out and you miss out because it wasn't cheap enough :LOL:
But it's not going to sell out at that price even if they pass it on to Zavvi or amazon, most people will only buy this if it is cheap, it's why Zavvi still has season one in stock.

I liked season 1 (except the stupid Klingons and their muffled voices), but season 2 was just stupid, and I stopped watching after the 4th episode.

Zavvi probably got the first refusal on this, but wisely told the studio to get stuffed. Wise choice indeed.

I liked season 1 (except the stupid Klingons and their muffled voices), but season 2 was just stupid, and I stopped watching after the 4th episode.

Zavvi probably got the first refusal on this, but wisely told the studio to get stuffed. Wise choice indeed.

Okay.

I would have thought Zavvi would have grabbed any steelbook exclusives regardless of the merits (or not as the case may be) of the TV show or film.

No, Zoom is a trading name of Universal Pictures which is Paramount who own Star Trek so Zavvi would not get first refusal of this before Zoom.

Last edited:
Reactions: RyanD
Paramount is Viacom, not universal studios. But from memory Universal agreed distribution rights with Paramount in the UK. Could be wrong on that.
Universal handle distribution of paramount DVD/Blu-ray releases in UK and Europe
A 5 year agreement since July 1st 2015
That deal expires next year
I assume a new deal will be done to continue distribution by universal after 2020

Zoom UK is Universal Pictures (UK) Limited & Sony Pictures Home Entertainment Alliance

Just received this in the post. Great steelbook, glossy and title debossed .... but covered in surface scratches!!!! I've had to phone them and order a replacement. Unsure if it is to do with the wrapping process, but with it being dark and full gloss it has shown up loads (and I mean loads) of scratches. Such a shame as it's a really nice steelbook.

• Informative
Reactions: Felix_ro
Just received this in the post. Great steelbook, glossy and title debossed .... but covered in surface scratches!!!! I've had to phone them and order a replacement. Unsure if it is to do with the wrapping process, but with it being dark and full gloss it has shown up loads (and I mean loads) of scratches. Such a shame as it's a really nice steelbook.
Did you managed to take some pictures, and if "yes", do you care to share with us?
We might want to see what can we expect...

Mine just arrived too with a lovely old skool spine slash. Very 2014.

If you don't mind, how was yours packed?
Also was singular item that you purchased at once?

Thanks!

No pictures I'm afraid. It had bubble wrap around the steelbook and was packed in the usual cardboard mailer. I have bought from Zoom before... had a few issues, but they are always willing to help.

Last edited: