Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: November 18, 2019
Purchase link: Zoom UK - Zavvi
Price: £35.00 (Zoom) - £34.99 (Zavvi)

Star Trek Discovery.jpg

Last edited:
Received mine today from Zoom. Luckily, it doesn't have any noticable flaws, dagame etc. There's a very small paint dot/mistake in the front cover, but it's barely noticable. The steelbook itself is quite nice, but it was really disappointing that the discs don't have any artwork in them. S1 discs had some decent artwork.
That's kind of messed up that they would omit the artwork from the UK discs, the US edition got it.
20191210_183225472_iOS.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: Felix_ro
Silly to pre order at that price from Zoom, Zavvi still have season 1 in stock so obviously not that big a demand for it and knowing zoom they will have it in one of their sales at some point for half that price or less, better taking the risk and waiting
Did anyone take my advice and wait? It never sold and and shocker Zoom have it in one of their sales with 25% off so you can now get it for £26.

Reactions: Felix_ro
I gave up on Zoom after 4 replacement copies all arrived damaged... they eventually agreed to refund me. I'm never a huge Zavvi fan, but re-ordered from them. Their copy arrived without any scratches or dents for once. I hope Zoom are not re-selling all the crap copies in their sale.

After so many negative comments on Zavvi's packaging which is still in most of the cases crap it seems they are currently the best hahh. Amazon is disaster for a year or so, a plain cardboard mailer envelope without bubbles and zero protectio... zoom is hit or miss. Maybe im the lucky one but dont remember receiving bad steelbook from Zavvi since they are using that thick cardboard tight mailer for steels. But boxsets packaging or action figures is always horrible. On Zoom note, never had issues so far even their packing is bad, lets see this time.