Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: January 25, 2021
Purchase links: Amazon UK - Zavvi
Price: £35.00 (Amazon) - £29.99 (Zavvi)

Star Trek Picard.jpg

Last edited:
Would George Takei be up for this? This would have to be good, can't expect anything that George is it to be sub-par...

After the Undiscovered Country they were doing to so a Sulu series but for some reason it never got past the planning stage. Instead we got that insulting Voyager episode.....

I loved it. Absolutely loved it. It was dark, it was flawed in its characters, they were real. It wasn't "Trek", it was an evolution of Picard. The show reflected what Picard had become: bitter, entitled, bleak and searching for a place in this new world.
Personally I thought it was the best Trek since DS9. And shoot me now, but rivals TNG.

Reactions: RyanD and IRON MAN
Remember when Hugh Jackman and James Mangold said that Logan would take place in a slightly different universe to the X-Men films? I can't help but think that a lot of animosity towards this show could have been avoided if the Picard team had said the same thing. You'd still have people who like it and others who don't but at least it would be clearer that this isn't Star Trek. Having said that, why the hell bring back familiar faces just to put them in a non-Trek adventure?

Just been announced in France (with a 20th January 2021 release date) so surely not long before it pops up in the UK.

... yea.. I'm quite concerned of no release announced as yet! There is no reason mind why it shouldn't! Let's hope an announcement is made soon.
Don’t Amazon have some influence because it was on Prime. They seem to like delaying physical media releases just like Netflix

What a garbage show that trashes the Picard & Seven of Nine characters along with a supporting cast that missed the mark so much. Started off rough, ended even rougher. Makes Discovery seem like a masterpiece lol reminds me I need to go watch S3.

But I'll give'em the Riker episode, who doesn't love Pizza baking Riker

Big skip from me.

Last edited:
Reactions: warp10