dfoles

Scanner Ninja
Contributor
Premium Supporter
May 15, 2013
GA
Release date: October 26, 2021
Purchase links: Target - Amazon - Best Buy
Price: $127.99 (Target) - $95.99 (Amazon - Best Buy)

8A0994DA-3882-474C-908D-65A4A57382D8.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I consider it a win. They could have EASILY gone with big floating head covers - with Kirk, Bones, and Spock as a floating head for each season.
I’m only guessing here but I bet the menus are LCARS because my old DVDs menus used LCARS. The way is looks right now is very reminiscent of the times it was filmed in, meaning the 60s. Everything was very bright and loud in color.

I didn't like it. Then I kind of liked it. And now, when I notice that the shapes of the pictures in the collage are exactly the same on all three covers...I'm not liking it. It could still have been this retro look without it being such a fill-in-the-template look.

Regardless of how much I briefly liked it, though, I could never like it for more than about $60. The $127.99 price is insane.

Also, I'd like someone here to please make a version of these where every picture on every cover is a nameless redshirt guy. :)

Reactions: Steely-Booked
I didn't like it. Then I kind of liked it. And now, when I notice that the shapes of the pictures in the collage are exactly the same on all three covers...I'm not liking it. It could still have been this retro look without it being such a fill-in-the-template look.

Regardless of how much I briefly liked it, though, I could never like it for more than about $60. The $127.99 price is insane.

Also, I'd like someone here to please make a version of these where every picture on every cover is a nameless redshirt guy. :)
Couldn't do that because you'd have to have the caption "He's dead Jim" on every cover......

• Haha
Reactions: WKRP
Some SteelBooks have that weird spine in the mockups. Hopefully real Steel and not a FuturePak

It's really interesting to me, that 12 years later we still mockups that have the questionable spine. As if the designers on the studio side cannot be bothered to update the templates.

"Let's just use this template we got from Novobox, it's fine, it's worked FOREVER"

"These metal cases are ALL steelbooks. Samesies, right?"

lol

Reactions: dfoles
Additionally, 4K masters have been announced for the first four films today with a boxset release in September, also a full remaster project for TMP Directors Cut in progress to come along next year. (Gotta get those double dips)

No news on Steels, but wonderful artwork that'd be perfect for them

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-07-08 at 10.29.10.png
    Screenshot 2021-07-08 at 10.29.10.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 69
Release date: September 7, 2021
Purchase link: Target
Price: $127.99

View attachment 509937
FYI

According to the information from Paramount === "Just in time to commemorate the 55th anniversary of the September 8, 1966 airing of the very first Star Trek episode, Paramount Home Entertainment and CBS Home Entertainment will debut the following new releases for every fan’s collection on September 7, 2021 in the United States (with international releases on September 6 in the United Kingdom, September 8 in France and September 9 in Germany). This is also for the first 4-movie collection, which is in 4K UHD + Blu-ray!

The steels look great, really hope they do get a UK release too. That 4-film collection can get in the bin. It’s all 6 films or nothing. Greedy gits!!

Reactions: MrSquifler
Additionally, 4K masters have been announced for the first four films today with a boxset release in September, also a full remaster project for TMP Directors Cut in progress to come along next year. (Gotta get those double dips)

No news on Steels, but wonderful artwork that'd be perfect for them
hmm, why not all movies with the orginal crew :(

hmm, why not all movies with the orginal crew :(
Timing, no doubt. Seeing that they say it’ll take the better part of a year just to do the directors cut of TMP and that they want this set out for the anniversary, they’re putting out what they have now. Next year the remastered DC TMP will hit streaming then hopefully eventually be made available on UHD Blu-ray, hopefully alongside the remaining films. Curse the pandemic!

I then wouldn’t be against the Kelvin timeline movies having new releases as well. Dolby Vision would be a nice addition to them all and the first movie needs some fixes anyway; the mid-tones have been flattened (“grey crush”) and it dips to insanely low bitrates at times. It being Paramount’s first UHD Blu-ray shows very clearly.

USA release date changed to October 26th

Both Target and Amazon USA has this date listed

Amazon sold out at the moment

Update
Update 07/30/2021: Due to delays in manufacturing, the release of Star Trek: The Original Series: The Complete Series Blu-ray Steelbook will be delayed from September 7 to October 26, 2021. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause our community of fans.

Last edited: