Upcoming Star Wars: Ahsoka (Season 2) [Disney+]

IRON MAN

E.D.I.T.H.
Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Dec 28, 2012
Everywhere
Ahsoka, a new Original Series, starring Rosario Dawson and set within the timeline of The Mandalorian, is coming to Disney+.

9274065A-4CCE-4A3D-BA26-4AB29BD50554.jpeg

Reactions: Actarus
Minority opinion, I guess, but I thought the first two episodes were painfully bad, and I'm probably going to bail on the rest of the series. Agree with you, @kaw , that the score was a real highlight. Great to hear Kiner getting to do all he can dream of with a full orchestra.

Never watched Rebels and don’t know a single thing about it, so how does Ahsoka tie in with it all… does it take place before/after? Or is it basically just a live action retelling of the animated series?

Really enjoying the characters so far though (especially the female ones) and I’m already in love with Sabine - find her quite different to any SW character we’ve seen before and therefore pretty intriguing. Looking forward to seeing her journey!

Very bittersweet ending to the first episode though… was excited to immediately start episode 2, but then saw they dedicated ep1 to Ray Stevenson who died back in May, which I somehow wasn’t aware of until that moment. How very sad :(

Never watched Rebels and don’t know a single thing about it, so how does Ahsoka tie in with it all… does it take place before/after? Or is it basically just a live action retelling of the animated series?

Rebel's take place before anything in the Mandoverse or the original trilogy. I'm only one episode into Ahsoka so not sure how much the show will fill in for those who haven't seen Rebels but I'd imagine they'll fill in the blanks. It will definitely help understanding the whole Ezra chat in episode 1 of Ahsoka though

• Informative
Reactions: Noodles
Rebel's take place before anything in the Mandoverse or the original trilogy. I'm only one episode into Ahsoka so not sure how much the show will fill in for those who haven't seen Rebels but I'd imagine they'll fill in the blanks. It will definitely help understanding the whole Ezra chat in episode 1 of Ahsoka though
OK, interesting. Might give Rebels another go once Ashoka is done then... tried it once before but couldn't get passed the fact it looked like a kids cartoon lol.

Yeah really enjoyed the first episode. Never seen rebels or clone wars either and most likely won’t however I’m aware of certain parts of her story like being trained by Anikin (even though there’s no reference to this in revenge is the sith which always makes me laugh). Few things mentioned from Jedi fallen order too. I’m hoping we finally see Dathomir in live action. Few references to that and Darth Maul (even an exact shot and sound from Phantom menace)

Score was great. A little different to standard Star Wars and also some lovely visuals. Colours look great at the end with darkly lit purples and oranges and the sabres

OK, interesting. Might give Rebels another go once Ashoka is done then... tried it once before but couldn't get passed the fact it looked like a kids cartoon lol.
The first season of Rebels feels very little-kid, but it hits its stride by the finale of that season. From there, it becomes (in my opinion) some of the best Star Wars ever. Excellent arcs for Sabine (in that series, one of my all-time favorite SW characters), Darksaber/Mandalore/Bo-Katan, Ezra/Thrawn, Ahsoka/Vader (though Ahsoka should have died at that point), and other characters. And a fun role for Tom Baker later in the series. To me, everything was satisfyingly tied up at the end, and much of what the Mandoverse era has done has only retconned Rebels for the worse.

Minority opinion, I guess, but I thought the first two episodes were painfully bad, and I'm probably going to bail on the rest of the series. Agree with you, @kaw , that the score was a real highlight. Great to hear Kiner getting to do all he can dream of with a full orchestra.

Dang sorry to hear that. That was my worry for someone who has never seen these characters before if you would catch on or find it interesting or not.

Really enjoying the characters so far though (especially the female ones) and I’m already in love with Sabine - find her quite different to any SW character we’ve seen before and therefore pretty intriguing. Looking forward to seeing her journey!

Very bittersweet ending to the first episode though… was excited to immediately start episode 2, but then saw they dedicated ep1 to Ray Stevenson who died back in May, which I somehow wasn’t aware of until that moment. How very sad :(

You technically could call this show Rebels season 5.

I'm not going to sit here and tell you ALL of Rebels is amazing and you should watch it all... its not. BUT when its good. its reallllly good. There are Essential watch lists out there that might be good to seek out if you want to just watch the best stuff.

Yeah really enjoyed the first episode. Never seen rebels or clone wars either and most likely won’t however I’m aware of certain parts of her story like being trained by Anikin (even though there’s no reference to this in revenge is the sith which always makes me laugh). Few things mentioned from Jedi fallen order too. I’m hoping we finally see Dathomir in live action. Few references to that and Darth Maul (even an exact shot and sound from Phantom menace)

Score was great. A little different to standard Star Wars and also some lovely visuals. Colours look great at the end with darkly lit purples and oranges and the sabres

Its funny, I used to think that too... "Why wouldn't Anakin ever mention Ahsoka in revenge of the sith?"

But the show does a really great job explaining that.
Slight spoilers, But in the Clone Wars. Ahsoka is framed for something she didn't do. The Jedi all blamed her. After her name was cleared, she left the Jedi order.
So during the events of revenge of the sith.... She wasn't really around.*

*But, like I said in my post last night...
Go to Disney+, Go to Season 7 of Clone Wars, And watch eps 9-12. They are short 30 mins eps. Super easy to get through, but also some of the BEST star wars ever made.
You can thank me later.

Dang sorry to hear that. That was my worry for someone who has never seen these characters before if you would catch on or find it interesting or not.
I love these characters; I've watched all of Rebels multiple times. I just feel that the Ahsoka series is treating me like an idiot. Slow-paced is fine with me, but slow-paced for no apparent reason, where every scene has characters explaining what just happened in the previous scenes...I find that very lazy. It's not just me, either—even Hera seems bored. :) And the show is asking me to overlook things that wouldn't be important except that they're completely ignored—like, the surprising ineffectiveness of impaling someone with a lightsaber. Or the fact that Thrawn went somewhere nobody knows, but somehow there's a map to that location in the ruins of a temple. Or training someone with no Force sensitivity to be a Jedi, and then being dismayed that it doesn't work out. These are unnecessary problems that the series creators made for themselves.

I love these characters. I just feel that the Ahsoka series is treating me like an idiot. Slow-paced is fine with me, but slow-paced for no apparent reason, where every scene has characters explaining what just happened in the previous scenes...I find that very lazy. It's not just me, either—even Hera seems bored. :) And the show is asking me to overlook things that wouldn't be important except that they're completely ignored—like, the surprising ineffectiveness of impaling someone with a lightsaber. Or the fact that Thrawn went somewhere nobody knows, but somehow there's a map to that location in the ruins of a temple. Or training someone with no Force sensitivity to be a Jedi, and then being dismayed that it doesn't work out. These are unnecessary problems that the series creators made for themselves.
Well now i'm perplexed. haha

I didn't feel that way at all.
Maybe some of the stuff you are feeling is because Dave had the hard job of doing this story with characters most people have never seen before and trying not to make it confusing. So maybe some of that over explaining is a way of him being like "general audience, you still with me? ok here we go". haha

Seems like many people have been impaled by a lightsaber and survived lately... I don't have a big problem with that honestly. If Luke can lose a hand and get repaired. Someone can get stabbed and be ok imo.

I think the Map is to where the Purrgil go in a different galaxy. Its not a map TO THRAWNS EXACT LOCATION lol. It's a map to where they went. That was my understanding at least.

The first season of Rebels feels very little-kid, but it hits its stride by the finale of that season. From there, it becomes (in my opinion) some of the best Star Wars ever. Excellent arcs for Sabine (in that series, one of my all-time favorite SW characters), Darksaber/Mandalore/Bo-Katan, Ezra/Thrawn, Ahsoka/Vader (though Ahsoka should have died at that point), and other characters. And a fun role for Tom Baker later in the series. To me, everything was satisfyingly tied up at the end, and much of what the Mandoverse era has done has only retconned Rebels for the worse.
I'll definitely give it another go, especially after now being introduced to some of the more important characters through the Ahsoka series and loving them... it's left me wanting more!

Reactions: ethnosax
Just finished episode 2 and found it equally as enjoyable as episode 1. Funnily enough I'm finding Ahsoka herself to be the least interesting character so far. Love Chopper and how you can't tell what he's saying but you also kinda can at the same time lol.

Reactions: kaw
Just finished episode 2 and found it equally as enjoyable as episode 1. Funnily enough I'm finding Ahsoka herself to be the least interesting character so far. Love Chopper and how you can't tell what he's saying but you also kinda can at the same time lol.
I’m liking the character Ahsoka because she’s so chilled out compared to other jedi. They always too serious most the time. But yeah liking the other characters too.

I’m liking the character Ahsoka because she’s so chilled out compared to other jedi. They always too serious most the time. But yeah liking the other characters too.
Yeah she's cool, but just a tad boring at the moment IMO. Like @kaw said... feels more like the Sabine show right now lol