Ltd. Ed./Birthdays/Video Game Mod
Premium Supporter
May 18, 2013
AZ, U.S.A
Released: November 17th, 2017
Purchase: Amazon US - Amazon UK

starwarsbattlefront-teasertrailer-logo.jpg

Source: ComingSoon.net

During an earnings call on Tuesday, EA confirmed that the Star Wars Battlefront sequel is in development for next year (via GameSpot), though it’s unclear if they were referring to the calendar year 2017 or EA’s next fiscal year. EA’s fiscal year 2017 just started on April 1.

EA CFO Blake Jorgensen said that the Star Wars Battlefront sequel will have “bigger and better worlds” and will make use of content from “the new movies.” The first Star Wars Battlefront only included content from the original Star Wars trilogy.

EA added that the company expects to release a Star Wars game every year for the next three to four years. Jorgensen confirmed that the Star Wars game from Visceral and Motive is coming and we already knew the Respawn Star Wars game is also on the way.
smileys-gaming-713639.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I might have to put this on the back burner slightly.......recently picked up COD WW2 and Gran Turismo, both of which I’m still playing.

No BF2 for me today... just received an email from Amazon saying delivery has been delayed for another day or two. :sour:

• Thanks
Reactions: Kizza
I'm playing the single player campaign and enjoying it at the minute. The online stuff has taken a massive step backwards from the first game. It's a mess and not really enjoyable. Once I've done the campaign I'm gonna sell it.

Just took a screenshot from metacritic. That user score is brutal.

Screen Shot 2017-11-16 at 22.12.31.png

• Helpful Post
Reactions: harry
If my copy from Amazon doesn't turn up today, I'll be :angry:. Will probably just buy it from the PS Store and return the physical copy... I'm dying to play this game! :arghh:

Finally received the game this afternoon and have been playing it ever since... enjoying it so far, but then I've mostly just been running around in multiplayer like a tourist looking at all the map features lol. There's some pretty cool SW easter eggs to be spotted! I also tried a bit of single player and I'm finding it really interesting... love the main character and the little droid you carry around. I'm excited to see where the story goes!

Finally received the game this afternoon and have been playing it ever since... enjoying it so far, but then I've mostly just been running around in multiplayer like a tourist looking at all the map features lol. There's some pretty cool SW easter eggs to be spotted! I also tried a bit of single player and I'm finding it really interesting... love the main character and the little droid you carry around. I'm excited to see where the story goes!

You are lucky. I have to wait until December 25. My wife bought it for me for christmas and she hide it and its kiling me :arghh::dead::p:D

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles and Kizza
You are lucky. I have to wait until December 25. My wife bought it for me for christmas and she hide it and its kiling me :arghh::dead::p:D

I feel your pain @harry

Last year, the Mrs got me FFXIV for christmas. The wait killed me. This year though, i couldnt do that to myself again.
Thank god I'm single then lol. That being said... I still have to wait until Christmas to play the South Park games, since that's what I asked the family for.

• Thanks
Reactions: harry
I'm kinda in the same boat, I have the game and the badass Elite controller but because I'm working so much I've only been able to play for about an hour so far. Like 15 minutes here, 20 minutes there. So I probably should wait till I have more time so I can get some good quality game play in.

• Thanks
Reactions: Kizza and harry
So after a few days of playing multiplayer, I'm now realising how incredibly one-sided most of the game modes/maps are... I've mostly been playing Galactic Assault, and the same side always seem to win depending on what map it is -- I've never actually seen some of the different end-match cutscenes for each map because of it. And don't even get me started on Heroes vs Villains... the team with the most lightsabers wins hands down! The lack of balance in the game is pretty much my only major issue with it so far anyway... apart from that, I'm really enjoying it. :)

• Thanks
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: harry and Kizza
I paid $80 for the elite version or deluxe or whatever its called. Granted I havent logged maybe even 4 hours gameplay ... and i know there are crappy reviews out and I know Dice have now fixed whatever was causing the imbalance .... but even besides that .... I think they just decied to go too far .... I mean battlefront 1 was great.... just add more maps and new game modes and I think it would have been ace .... its very hard to find that "it" factor with this one. Its dead fun so far at best .... I'll keep plugging away but *shrug* idk ... maybe its cause the MP just isnt laid out well on how to set stuff up etc to improve your gameplay ... i have played no single player stuff.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: harry and denizen
In the same boat @Wreck

Decided to fold and buy it too. Also purchased the Deluxe Edition but i haven't had the time to play it just yet. Hoping for some game time on the weekend. But with all the feedback so far, I'm doubting my decision for buying it. :dunno:

I paid $80 for the elite version or deluxe or whatever its called. Granted I havent logged maybe even 4 hours gameplay ... and i know there are crappy reviews out and I know Dice have now fixed whatever was causing the imbalance .... but even besides that .... I think they just decied to go too far .... I mean battlefront 1 was great.... just add more maps and new game modes and I think it would have been ace .... its very hard to find that "it" factor with this one. Its dead fun so far at best .... I'll keep plugging away but *shrug* idk ... maybe its cause the MP just isnt laid out well on how to set stuff up etc to improve your gameplay ... i have played no single player stuff.
Game probably feels empty because of the new seasons plans they have.Season one is suppose to be Last Jedi stuff.They also have single player DLC coming on December 13th.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: Wreck
word to the wise if new to play or yet to play .... as soon as you have points to spend in collection area do it cause that is how you get yourself better cards which can help you in battle thus making you get points and rank up faster .... learn that area, on how to spend, how to equip and how to scrap to get mods ... then youll have more fun on MP.

Takes forever to unlock the 3rd gun for each class so dont pusssyfoot around learn the above earlier and then you can shorten the time that you are getting owned online.