Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

paulboland

Contributor Steels/Arrow
Contributor
Premium Supporter
Sep 10, 2012
Navan/Ireland
Release date: September 21, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on June 25 at 9 AM for Red Carpet, 12 PM general release - UK time)
Price: £29.99
Note: 3 discs

C78F1C8C-A58B-40B4-9C81-B7369C7CCA3B.jpeg

D29DA155-8A8C-4C18-BE2A-66A1ADED1D38.jpeg
3EE33454-B0C2-42DF-BC06-336DF7017781.jpeg

Last edited:
You call that misaligned? Pah! Your spine isn't even half way across the back of the steel!

But yeah, that's a bit crap as seems to be the case with these.

I wonder what new and wonderful faults they'll come up with next.

my spine slashed copy has a paint chip on the top left , i was going to just swap the backs until i noticed that , so not sure what i can live with more a chip or miss-alignment

So now they’re getting the artwork misaligned with the steelbook. How many things are we supposed to look out for? We will probably all eventually get the set completed to our satisfaction and then notice two years later that the spelling is wrong or something worse!,,
Wot's wrong with "Star Wors"? :rofl:

So now they’re getting the artwork misaligned with the steelbook. How many things are we supposed to look out for? We will probably all eventually get the set completed to our satisfaction and then notice two years later that the spelling is wrong or something worse!,,

So mine does have the miss aligned art, its more noticeable on the back (top is spine slash, bottom is miss aligned art)

I haven't opened mine yet but it also looks misaligned on the front. I took a ruler and the the white ring around the front is 4mm from the left edge and 2mm from the right edge. Without having unwrapped it yet I can see the back art is very slightly wrapping over the top edge so that seems at least a tad misaligned, too. Honestly though, I don't see dents and there's no spine slash so maybe it's a victory. Not sure if I'm going to contact Zavvi about it.

FWIW, my New Hope steelbook also has slightly misaligned art on the back, so this isn't new to AOTC. On my New Hope, though, it's very minimal: the art goes just slightly over the bottom edge and the top has a very small black space where there should be art. It wasn't enough for me to complain about since it's otherwise mint.

lol, you guys are funny. Sorry but anyone returning for “alignment” issues Im sure will get a nice minty fresh spine slash for your troubles. Keep what you got and move on

I think it depends. If you've got mine and the artwork is 1mm off but the rest of the steelbook is clean then I agree (although I could contact them in hopes of a partial refund). But if you're @Bungral then I think you should absolutely expect a replacement. They misfired completely on that one.

Misaligned art, spine slashes, and dents/scrapes. I've got Solo on order from this series but am thinking I might be better off cancelling it

I think it depends. If you've got mine and the artwork is 1mm off but the rest of the steelbook is clean then I agree (although I could contact them in hopes of a partial refund). But if you're @Bungral then I think you should absolutely expect a replacement. They misfired completely on that one.

Yeah I was going to say the same.. If it was a little off then fair enough but I've got other parts of the steel fully bleeding on to other sides!

I had some replies from Zavvi today anyway as a little update. So for both my original dodgy one with the black lines and the misaligned one they offered the usual 10% which I rejected and said I wanted to return.

For the first one they have said they'll refund me and that I don't need to bother returning it but for the misaligned one, they've just this minute sent through a returns label.

How bizarre.

Reactions: JGCramp
Save for some light finish scratches on Empire, mine have so far been mint. Praise the steelbook gods, were nearly halfway through.

My copy arrived yesterday and appears to be mint. There is no spine slash or dents or marks. Just read about the misaligned artwork on some copies. Never heard of that before, but would have to look.

My replacement arrived, but it's scuffed along the top edge. Can't be bothered contacting them again. I'll just choose sparingly over the next steels I buy from Zavvi. This messing around has definitely taken the shine off this collection

Mine arrived with a spine slash and I cannot be bothered contacting them anymore about it. Something new with every order with Zavvi. Completely losing interest in collecting because of how many orders are messed up with them.

Reactions: muibonita1971
Arrived this morning, just finished work & got to open it. One of the nastiest spine slashes I've ever received. Really getting fed up with Zavvi, sucking all the fun out of collecting as every single order is a waiting game to see if it arrives with a slash, a dent, a scratch or whatever.
I'll fire off an email for a replacement but if not I'll probably just cancel the rest of the Star Wars wave.

Got mine today (USA) with a spine slash. Infuriating and I’m pretty easy going with this stuff. These should never be sent out with a spine slash. That’s stuff you can prevent.

My replacement arrived, but it's scuffed along the top edge. Can't be bothered contacting them again. I'll just choose sparingly over the next steels I buy from Zavvi. This messing around has definitely taken the shine off this collection

If the front is good on the first copy and the spine and rear are good on the replacement, it’s super easy to pop the metal shell off and swap them, leaving you with one clean steelbook and one damaged one.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: a_o
If the front is good on the first copy and the spine and rear are good on the replacement, it’s super easy to pop the metal shell off and swap them, leaving you with one clean steelbook and one damaged one.
There was no chance with that. :( There was hefty scratches on the front of my first one, so I sent it back for a full refund and my 2nd copy, I bought when it came back in stock