Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Oct 18, 2018
Release date: July 27, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order on May 7 at 9 AM for Red Carpet - 12 PM general sale - UK time)
Price: £29.99

12564552-5234766288707596.jpg
12564552-1334766288642730.jpg12564552-3574766288581926.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
how much do you think these should be? we should be happy they didnt charge £36.99 lol

Well no not really. That would be ridiculous

New films in steelbook form on 4K are £29.99 (which I don’t agree with anyway) but Disney always Greedily push it higher with their new releases.

The film is 43 years old. It should not be £29.99

I imagine they will be around £26.99 anyway but that’s still high considering how old they are

Looks great . . .if they do all 11 (including spin-offs) in the same style it will be a most worthy mini collection equal to or better than the recent 12 Marvel steels with framing border.

Last edited:
Another site is saying all 11 films not just the 9 skywalker saga films are getting new 4K steelbook release using original poster artwork

The steelbooks will be spread out over a few months between releases

so meaning this won't be Zavvi WEA?

so meaning this won't be Zavvi WEA?
It's not known yet for sure if the steelbooks will be released in other countries

Its possible and likely these will be released in other countries but no details yet if that is happening.

• Thanks
Reactions: toratora
Of course this will sell out quickly due to all of the orders from outside the UK and then all cancelled after they are announced in other countries. So for those who miss out, and some always do, like whoever hasn't checked HDN for a couple of days, don't fret...to much.

You'll just have less of a chance during the restock, how ever many months from now that might be.

Time for a nap. Gotta be awake long before the secret unofficial go live time of 6:21 a.m. Eastern Daylight Time for us non Red Carpet members who don't live in the UK.

Or earlier for the secret hours earlier go live time for Zavvi US and Zavvi Australia. ;)

They will be released in some other countries as well. They just haven't been announced yet.

@Leafs17

Sadly I'll be checking Best Buy's site another hundred times a day for who knows how long until they are announced.
More damn Disney dents. All 11 Star Wars movies are being released. What a f*****' nightmare that will be.
10 copies of each...hopefully they don't all go on sale at once, or even released at the same time :LOL:

I just got The Incredible Hulk today. I was finally done!

Just when I thought I was out of Best Buy they pull me back in! :arghh: :LOL:

• Friendly
  • Haha
Reactions: MM3 and Leafs17
It would be nice to see the episode numbers on the spines. They don't seem to be used much anymore.
I think I remember reading that that was an official decision by Disney—probably around the time of The Force Awakens (or, Episode VII). I don't know if there was a particular reason for it. Possibly they didn't want people regarding the standalones as less important than the numbered saga films? I'm fine with it, though I do think this steelbook looks a little weird with the "A New Hope" in the middle of the logo. Would definitely have preferred the original title designs.

SW logos sm.png

That middle logo is the reason my friends and I often called the second movie "Star The Empire Strikes Back Wars." :)

I think I remember reading that that was an official decision by Disney—probably around the time of The Force Awakens (or, Episode VII). I don't know if there was a particular reason for it. Possibly they didn't want people regarding the standalones as less important than the numbered saga films? I'm fine with it, though I do think this steelbook looks a little weird with the "A New Hope" in the middle of the logo. Would definitely have preferred the original title designs.

View attachment 470571

That middle logo is the reason my friends and I often called the second movie "Star The Empire Strikes Back Wars." :)

Yeah I thought it must have been the Disney influence. In my mind the Roman Numeral episode numbers were always quite iconic with the franchise (despite Star Wars origially not having a number). All my old dvds have them on the spine.

Anyway, 100% agree that the original title designs would look better!