Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
May 3, 2011
Montreal
3.67 star(s) Rating: 3.67/5 6 Votes
Title: Star Wars: Episode IX

Genre: Science Fiction, Fantasy, Action, Adventure, War

Director: J.J. Abrams

Cast: Daisy Ridley, John Boyega, Oscar Isaac, Adam Driver, Carrie Fisher, Billy Dee Williams, Mark Hamill, Joonas Suotamo, Kelly Marie Tran, Domhnall Gleeson, Naomi Ackie, Keri Russell, Richard E. Grant, Dominic Monaghan, Matt Smith, Lupita Nyong'o, Dave Chapman, Brian Herring, Anthony Daniels, Jimmy Vee, Billie Lourd, Greg Grunberg

Release: 2019-12-18

Plot: The next installment in the franchise and the conclusion of the “Star Wars“ sequel trilogy as well as the “Skywalker Saga“.

From IMDB

Star Wars Episode IX has a director, and it's the man who helmed the third highest grossing movie of all-time, Colin Trevorrow! The news was made official by Walt Disney Studios Chairman Alan Horn at D23 earlier today. Production is obviously still some time away, but the Jurassic World director will be heading to Lucasfilm this year to start working on the movie which is set for a 2019 release.

"Colin is someone I’ve been interested in working with ever since I saw Safety Not Guaranteed," says Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy. "The power of that film paired with the enormous success of Jurassic World speaks volumes about his abilities both as a storyteller and skilled filmmaker. We are thrilled to have such an incredible talent as Colin join our family and step into the Star Wars universe." Trevorrow adds: "This is not a job or an assignment. It is a seat at a campfire, surrounded by an extraordinary group of storytellers, filmmakers, artists and craftspeople. We’ve been charged with telling new stories for a younger generation because they deserve what we all had—a mythology to call their own. We will do this by channeling something George Lucas instilled in all of us: boundless creativity, pure invention and hope."
694px-star_wars_logo_svg.png

[CONTAINER][MOVIE1]Title: Star Wars: Episode IX (2019)

Genre: [GENRE]Action[/GENRE], [GENRE]Adventure[/GENRE], [GENRE]Science Fiction[/GENRE]

Director: [DIRECTOR]J.J. Abrams[/DIRECTOR]

Cast: [ACTOR]Daisy Ridley[/ACTOR], [ACTOR]John Boyega[/ACTOR]

Plot: [/MOVIE1][POSTER1]
yVYTFvIiKyr6vsrPw3o5C6t2eoL.jpg
[/POSTER1][/CONTAINER]

A lot of people seem to be disappointed (some even angry) that Trevorrow will be directing... I suppose I can understand it to some extent, since he's only directed two films in his career so far, which personally I think are both great! I have faith in him anyway. :)

Reactions: bloodsnake007
From Star Wars.com
The Walt Disney Company and Lucasfilm announced today two major upcoming release dates.

Star Wars: Episode IX is now set for release on May 24, 2019. Directed by Colin Trevorrow, the film will close out the third Star Wars trilogy.

In addition, the fifth chapter of the Indiana Jones series is now confirmed for a July 10, 2020 release. Both Steven Spielberg, director of every Indiana Jones film, and star Harrison Ford will return.

Gotta say I'm surprised that Disney/Lucasfilms changed their December slot that proved to be REAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLY efficient.... oh well...

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles

Gotta say I'm surprised that Disney/Lucasfilms changed their December slot that proved to be REAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLY efficient.... oh well...

Yeah, TBH... I really enjoyed the December release dates for Star Wars. It was becoming a Christmas tradition for my family and something to look forward to every year.
Although it is nice that we will be getting it much sooner then expected...

Now we can say MAY THE twenty FOURTH BE WITH YOU.

Yeah, TBH... I really enjoyed the December release dates for Star Wars. It was becoming a Christmas tradition for my family and something to look forward to every year.
Although it is nice that we will be getting it much sooner then expected...

Now we can say MAY THE twenty FOURTH BE WITH YOU.
Same here... a little disappointed they've not gone with the usual December release, especially as it always felt like an extra Christmas present to see a new Star Wars flick around that time lol. Still, I'm not going to complain about getting it earlier than expected. Bring on May 2019! :D

• Thanks
Reactions: kaw
That's over 6 months earlier than others!

Something don't seem right with that date, like it could change maybe

• Thanks
That's over 6 months earlier than others!

Something don't seem right with that date, like it could change maybe
That honestly wouldn't surprise me. I don't know how far ahead they were, if at all... but you would've thought they'd need extra time if anything since Carrie died, because surely that would've changed their plans a little at least.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
That honestly wouldn't surprise me. I don't know how far ahead they were, if at all... but you would've thought they'd need extra time if anything since Carrie died, because surely that would've changed their plans a little at least.

Plus I get the impression the mouse house like their Christmas release date,

Like others have stated, it just feels right and nice little pressie each year

• Thanks
It's kind of funny that Disney is trying to replicate the direction of the Original Trilogy on a very Meta-Level.

The First Installation is the solid film that doesn't feature a lot of risk-taking, narrative speaking: Star Wars (1977) and The Force Awakens
The Second Installation is the auteur driven film- meant to progress character and meaning: Empire Strikes Back and The Last (Seriously Rian Johnson, don't fail me now) Jedi
And to finish it all off- you have the big, dumb, superficial action-flick that has the misfortune of following a film crafted by an actual Director...

... which brings us to Colin Trevorrow. xD

WOW...

"Lucasfilm and Colin Trevorrow have mutually chosen to part ways on Star Wars: Episode IX. Colin has been a wonderful collaborator throughout the development process but we have all come to the conclusion that our visions for the project differ. We wish Colin the best and will be sharing more information about the film soon."

Movie information in first post provided by The Movie Database