Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: August 10, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order May 28, 9 AM for Red Carpet, 12 PM general sale - UK Time)
Price: £29.99

12590797-1524771506779595.jpg

12590797-1624771506954630.jpg 12590797-1994771506894318.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally received my 2, opened one which has some minor scratches in the gloss on the rear noticeable when held up to the light at the right angle. I'm not too OCD about things like that so doesn't bother me too much, still for such an expensive steelbook would have liked better quality control for all of them

Reactions: R4FFO and MM3
Mine has the same scratches. In certain angles the steelbook looks fine though. Looks like the same sort of problem although this looks more like scratches than those of ESB.

It's very frustrating. What hope do we have that the rest of the run won't be similarly afflicted?

Put it this way, if this was an 11 SteelBook set sold for £300+ quid they'd all be going back. I must be mad since I just ordered Rise of Skywalker.

Arrived yesterday with yet ANOTHER spine slash. My copy of A New Hope was the exact same. Both were ordered from Zavvi US.

Wondering is it just a coincidence that Empire Strikes Back, ordered from Zavvi UK, arrived mint.

Either way, hugely disappointing from Zavvi. Cancelled remaining steels from the set.
my ANH from US site didn't have spine slash...

Last edited:
Reactions: MM3
Zavvi told me today that they have checked all of their remaining stock and they are in tip top condition.
So any replacements that they send out should be ok as long as they can actually navigate through the postal system intact.

If they're scratched on the back as some are saying, Zavvi isn't going to know that.

I swear Zavvi’s Twitter CS are trolling me. Been back and forth all day and now they want me to confirm I’m the account holder without telling me how! You could write whole books about how not to run a consumer retail business just based on them.

I swear Zavvi’s Twitter CS are trolling me. Been back and forth all day and now they want me to confirm I’m the account holder without telling me how! You could write whole books about how not to run a consumer retail business just based on them.

They are shocking. Luckily I have never had an issue with them before but my episode IV arrived with a spine slash. I asked for an exchange and juts kept getting the standard replys about refunds. Today they finally confirmed they cant even do an exchange as they have no stock!!

Amazon would have sent one right away and just charged if I hadn't sent the damaged one back.

Strange that they have no stock for IV but also claim they have plenty of V left for replacements.
Both are OOS so that's not it.

Strange that they have no stock for IV but also claim they have plenty of V left for replacements.

Because they have already been shipping out replacements for lost and damaged copies of A New Hope. So they have probably already gone through their reserves.

Reactions: DMD4k
More than a few people were vocal about canceling their pre-orders of Empire because of the whole artwork thing.

This was...not the case for A New Hope

Reactions: DMD4k