Star Wars: Episode VI - Return of the Jedi (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Zavvi Exclusive) [UK]

Noodles

Super Moderator
Premium Supporter
Feb 28, 2011
UK
Release date: August 10, 2020
Purchase link: Zavvi (Pre-order May 28, 9 AM for Red Carpet, 12 PM general sale - UK Time)
Price: £29.99

12590797-1524771506779595.jpg

12590797-1624771506954630.jpg 12590797-1994771506894318.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't mind returning the damaged item. I'd just rather be certain I have a less damaged replacement in my hand before doing so.
I'd only return if I already had a better replacement, the last thing collectors need with regards to these steelbooks is to send it back and get a replacement with damage or to have it lost in the post.

Reactions: Leafs17
They are shocking. Luckily I have never had an issue with them before but my episode IV arrived with a spine slash. I asked for an exchange and juts kept getting the standard replys about refunds. Today they finally confirmed they cant even do an exchange as they have no stock!!

Amazon would have sent one right away and just charged if I hadn't sent the damaged one back.
Correct, and I've suggested this to Zavvi before but it seems that they just don't want to become customer orientated in that way...

Reactions: RMA and MrSquifler
So they want you to send it back so they can send you a replacement?

I'd refuse.

They do, and as others have said it’s their policy. I have in this instance asked that I receive the replacement first and then send my original copy back after. Purely just because if the replacement arrives damaged it could be worse than the current copy. I highly doubt they will allow it but I’ve asked anyway

I just wanted to share the info about return of the Jedi replacements and the empire situation. That’s all

So they’re still dragging their feet regarding Empire...

I know everyone here will jump on them whenever they can and there’s probably some members who are constantly messaging them about empire without any patience but I do believe they are trying to get the numbers right and they will possibly replace them. there’s still some people who haven’t received it yet.

I know everyone here will jump on them whenever they can and there’s probably some members who are constantly messaging them about empire without any patience but I do believe they are trying to get the numbers right and they will possibly replace them. there’s still some people who haven’t received it yet.
Agreed - it's probably not Zavvi dragging their feet here. I can imagine a number of conversations going on at very high levels at Zavvi, Disney and Scanavo to determine the cause and agree a suitable resolution.

Got my copy today 7 days to get to California, nice Steelbook, I’m getting worried that my empire hasn’t arrived yet, if it doesn’t show up on Monday the latest I’ll send them a message....

Reactions: FN-2187
Arrived yesterday with yet ANOTHER spine slash. My copy of A New Hope was the exact same. Both were ordered from Zavvi US.

Wondering is it just a coincidence that Empire Strikes Back, ordered from Zavvi UK, arrived mint.

Either way, hugely disappointing from Zavvi. Cancelled remaining steels from the set.
Cancelled? What u mean? Where that’s posted I missed it?

Got my copy today 7 days to get to California, nice Steelbook, I’m getting worried that my empire hasn’t arrived yet, if it doesn’t show up on Monday the latest I’ll send them a message....

I got Empire and Jedi in the mail but I’m still waiting on A New Hope. They told me to wait 30 days past despatch and I’m sure that at that point they’ll tell me that they have no more copies left. xD

Reactions: tono06
So to save me reading through the thread because I'm lazy is there a fault with this and Empire?
On one forum a survey is in place regarding EMPIRE STRIKES BACK as in who received a scratched copy (82%) vs. who received a perfect copy (18%).
The results:-
1597511633074.png

Here's how they should look:-
(posted by a lucky recipient in France)
1597511202519.png

Regarding RETURN OF THE JEDI: the main problem appears to be down to Zavvi and their recklessness with the infamous box cutter:-
1597511374552.png
1597511504838.png

Last edited:
They do, and as others have said it’s their policy. I have in this instance asked that I receive the replacement first and then send my original copy back after. Purely just because if the replacement arrives damaged it could be worse than the current copy. I highly doubt they will allow it but I’ve asked anyway

I just wanted to share the info about return of the Jedi replacements and the empire situation. That’s all

I live in DC in the US and I still haven’t received both Empire and Jedi; and with the purposeful efforts to delay the mail here it could still be weeks before they arrive. It took me almost a month to get A New Hope and the Endgame lenticular steelbooks, respectively.

• Thanks
Reactions: Flloydo
I live in DC in the US and I still haven’t received both Empire and Jedi; and with the purposeful efforts to delay the mail here it could still be weeks before they arrive. It took me almost a month to get A New Hope and the Endgame lenticular steelbooks, respectively.

Yes now I've read that they have been removing street mailboxes and a lot of their mail sorting machines to slow the mail down even more. SteelBooks and mail-in ballots be damned.

Reactions: JGCramp
Yes now I've read that they have been removing street mailboxes and a lot of their mail sorting machines to slow the mail down even more. SteelBooks and mail-in ballots be damned.

Just be glad you guys are ordering things that come in rectangular boxes - anything unorthodox like poster tubes disappears for weeks (although *knock on wood* they do finally deliver).

Wouldn't it be funny if Best Buy eventually releases this entire line of Star Wars steelbooks and none of their copies have flaws on the gloss finish? Even if some of their steels occasional arrive with dents or spine slashes, you can get a replacement (or order 2 copies).

Reactions: Steely-Booked