luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release Date: November 9th, 015
Purchase link:
Amazon UK
Zavvi
Price: £18.99 (Amazon) - £21.99 TBC (Zavvi)

01.jpg

02.jpg 03.jpg

Part of the Star Wars collection: I, II, III, IV, V, VI - Purchase here
image-jpg.179984

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Just cancelled my Amazon UK order of these. Was hoping they would drop their price but it looks like they are sticking to £20 each and £120 for the set seems steep with a print run of one billion.

Reactions: Filmbloke
I finally convinced myself to cancel these too... money's usually no object when it comes to Star Wars, but £114 is a bit much for a collection of films I already own countless times. Although, I am already slightly regretting it... I've always wanted separate steelbooks, and these ones turned out really nice IMO. Hopefully they don't sell out any time soon and the prices do indeed drop!

I finally convinced myself to cancel these too... money's usually no object when it comes to Star Wars, but £114 is a bit much for a collection of films I already own countless times. Although, I am already slightly regretting it... I've always wanted separate steelbooks, and these ones turned out really nice IMO. Hopefully they don't sell out any time soon and the prices do indeed drop!

I really like these. Perhaps I would had chosen different front covers, but overall pretty good looking set. I wouldn't either pay 114£ (160 euros) for these, it's a bit too much. I was going to settle for my both trilogy steelbooks, but when I found these were available here for 71 £ (100 euros) I just couldn't resist. Lets hope you'll get these at some point. I don't know if these will sell out soon, but with the new movie coming and all the Star Wars fans & collectors out there, these might disappear rather quickly.

I really like these. Perhaps I would had chosen different front covers, but overall pretty good looking set. I wouldn't either pay 114£ (160 euros) for these, it's a bit too much. I was going to settle for my both trilogy steelbooks, but when I found these were available here for 71 £ (100 euros) I just couldn't resist. Lets hope you'll get these at some point. I don't know if these will sell out soon, but with the new movie coming and all the Star Wars fans & collectors out there, these might disappear rather quickly.
I think I'm probably one of a few that actually likes the front art (I would've preferred to have seen more Jedi's used though), or at least I was once they revealed that the poster art was used on the back. I think they look great as a set, and as much as I love Star Wars... they're not worth £100+. The print run is obviously pretty big, as they're available worldwide, but this is one of the most popular franchises out there that we're talking about, so like you said... it could surprise us all and they might suddenly start selling out. No doubt there will be a lot of other sets (hopefully with the original cuts) made available down the line anyway, so whatever happens, all is not lost. :)