luke98

Premium Supporter
Jun 30, 2014
Alexandria Safe-Zone
Release Date: November 9th, 015
Purchase link:
Amazon UK
Zavvi
Price: £18.99 (Amazon) - £21.99 TBC (Zavvi)

01.jpg

02.jpg 03.jpg

Part of the Star Wars collection: I, II, III, IV, V, VI - Purchase here
image-jpg.179984

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I'm probably one of a few that actually likes the front art (I would've preferred to have seen more Jedi's used though), or at least I was once they revealed that the poster art was used on the back. I think they look great as a set, and as much as I love Star Wars... they're not worth £100+. The print run is obviously pretty big, as they're available worldwide, but this is one of the most popular franchises out there that we're talking about, so like you said... it could surprise us all and they might suddenly start selling out. No doubt there will be a lot of other sets (hopefully with the original cuts) made available down the line anyway, so whatever happens, all is not lost. :)

I think I would had rather chosen Boba Fett for TESB and Count Dooku for AOTC. Now it's kinda strange to see Yoda in front when the rest are villains. Yes, there's gonna be more releases, that's for sure. Already back in the VHS era there were lots of different Star Wars sets as I used to collect them. This is just the beginning of another Star Wars merchandise wave and more steelbooks will come.

Definitely need original cuts for blu-ray. Something we fans been waiting for ages and nothing yet.

Reactions: Noodles
I think I would had rather chosen Boba Fett for TESB and Count Dooku for AOTC. Now it's kinda strange to see Yoda in front when the rest are villains. Yes, there's gonna be more releases, that's for sure. Already back in the VHS era there were lots of different Star Wars sets as I used to collect them. This is just the beginning of another Star Wars merchandise wave and more steelbooks will come.

Definitely need original cuts for blu-ray. Something we fans been waiting for ages and nothing yet.
A big YES to Boba Fett! I would've also liked to have seen one of the droids (Artoo or Threepio) used too. I know all about the VHS editions... I own most of them too lol. Disney would be foolish not to release the original cuts at some point... my guess is that they're milking the more recent cuts one last time, and then hopefully they'll eventually surprise us with the cuts we've all been patiently waiting for. :D

Mine all arrived a few days ago, have to admit they really did a nice job on these, the finish is superb, really slick and glossy, and the debossing on the titles is stunning. Really beautiful steel books.
Would have preferred the Drew Struzan one sheet art on the front, I think it's more iconic, but that said the versions of them on the back don't seem that hi res, they could be a bit crisper and defined, so they're fine for the back (had they been on the front it would be a problem). Really nice steels though, very pleased with them. The price was too high though, for films we already own several times over these should have been £15 max.
Hoping for the original versions on blu Ray steels with the one sheet art on the front (good scans) in the future.

Last edited:
Reactions: Atomic_Mist
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Dirk69
They're mostly only available on the secondary market now unfortunately.

However, a quick Google search shows they're currently in stock at coolshop.co.uk (I've personally never heard of them before) for £20 each...
https://www.coolshop.co.uk/movies-and-tv-shows/movies/format=blu-ray/edition=steelbook/?q=star wars steelbook

Thanks @Noodles :thumbs:

Found this page, too. They are selling the steels for the nordic market.

I‘ll check eBay. Maybe....The Force will be with me :naughty:

• Thanks
Reactions: Noodles