Release date: April 9, 2018
Purchase link: 3D+2D - 4K+2D
Prices: £24.99 (3D+2D) - £32.99 (4K+2D)
Notes: Includes title on the spine

DWe9r2ZXkAAnWdO.jpg DWe9r1GW0AAQ5De.jpg
DWe9r0tWkAAJ3e3.jpg DWe9r03X4AIEGlT.jpg
11642793-8654539570351600.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched it last night for the first time since seeing it on opening night and still feel the same about it (good film in it's own right however disappointing in a Star Wars sense) however the real let down was the 4K disc, very quiet soundtrack (had to turn the volume on my receiver up to 65 which I never have to do for Blurays) and the actual PQ/HDR wasn't anything amazing either :(

Score Only Version extra is available with USA iTunes Digital Copy without the need to setup a Movies Anywhere Account

If you have a iTunes USA account you can redeem the digital code provided with USA Blu-ray/DVD releases of Star Wars Last Jedi with iTunes

You have to first use redeemdigitalmovie.com website to redeem the code provided with USA releases of the Blu-ray and then pick iTunes as your option it will then provide you with a different code to use on iTunes

Screenshot (67).png

Note the Digital Copy code provided in USA Blu-ray releases can only be redeemed on redeemdigitalmovie.com website when set to USA
If your based in Canada you will need a Canada Blu-ray release of Star Wars Last Jedi

The iTunes code provided by redeemdigitalmovie.com
It won't work on UK/Ireland iTunes Accounts

Score only extra is not provided with iTunes UK/Ireland if you decide to purchase a digital copy from iTunes UK/Ireland

Last edited:
I watched it last night for the first time since seeing it on opening night and still feel the same about it (good film in it's own right however disappointing in a Star Wars sense) however the real let down was the 4K disc, very quiet soundtrack (had to turn the volume on my receiver up to 65 which I never have to do for Blurays) and the actual PQ/HDR wasn't anything amazing either :(

I must admit I was slightly let down by the 4K, not to any great degree but just expected a little more.

If your having problems Star Wars Last Jedi Discs not playing on Sony Blu-ray Player

Disney Blu-ray and DVD Support
https://www.disneystudioshelp.com/items_BDDVDHelp.html

I’m experiencing problems playing my Coco, Star Wars: The Last Jedi and/or Thor: Ragnarok Blu-ray discs in my Blu-ray player. What should I do?
If you’re experiencing problems playing Coco, Star Wars: The Last Jedi and/or Thor: Ragnarok Blu-ray discs in your Blu-ray player, you may want to adjust the refresh rate output of your Blu-ray player via the “Settings” or “Setup” menu of your Blu-ray player. For example:

1. On the “Home” menu of your player, select the “Setup” menu.

2. Navigate to and select the “Screen Settings” option.

3. On this screen, you will see an option for “BD-ROM 24P Output”. Change this setting from the current selection to “Off”.

4. Re-insert your Blu-ray disc into your player and play the disc.

Please note that the specific steps outlined above may vary by Blu-ray player, so you may need to consult your Blu-ray player’s product manual or contact your Blu-ray player’s manufacturer for further information.

Paul you are a star mate: this worked a treat :thumbs:

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
For those interested :rofl:
Is Star Wars Last Jedi doing well on DVD/Blu-ray in the UK

Star Wars Last Jedi is the fastest selling home media release so far in 2018 in the UK

3 days of sales after been released on April 9th in UK
375,000 units of DVD/Blu-ray was purchased
That's just 3 days of sales

Spoke to the manager in my local store which is a flagship store for the entire UK and the DVD and blu ray has sold really well, the 3D version has sold out completely, and the 4K version hasn't sold that well, within the next 3 months HMV are dropping 4K from the stores as they aren't selling enough copies to cover what they are buying in. You'll still be able to by them online though for now, although Amazon are also looking at dropping it due to lack of studio support.

• Thanks
Spoke to the manager in my local store which is a flagship store for the entire UK and the DVD and blu ray has sold really well, the 3D version has sold out completely, and the 4K version hasn't sold that well, within the next 3 months HMV are dropping 4K from the stores as they aren't selling enough copies to cover what they are buying in. You'll still be able to by them online though for now, although Amazon are also looking at dropping it due to lack of studio support.
Damn, I hope Amazon don't drop them, if I want to pick up a UK 4K then they're the cheapest to go with. I guess Zavvi will be a back up but it's good to have that choice.

Nah, it's doing fine. It's a new format it's just a bit on the pricey side, Blu-ray took long enough to get off the ground. 3D Blu's are a niche in the market and probably won't be around much longer though.
http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/dvd-bluray/blu-ray-3d/53571/the-slow-demise-of-blu-ray-3d

The 2D/3D combo sold out because it's the more affordable option, even I thought about opting for it because of the not so impressive 4K disc (according to reviews). If a 2D BD Steelbook was available for say £19.99, I would've snapped it up!

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill
Nah, it's doing fine. It's a new format it's just a bit on the pricey side, Blu-ray took long enough to get off the ground. 3D Blu's are a niche in the market and probably won't be around much longer though.
http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/dvd-bluray/blu-ray-3d/53571/the-slow-demise-of-blu-ray-3d

The 2D/3D combo sold out because it's the more affordable option, even I thought about opting for it because of the not so impressive 4K disc (according to reviews). If a 2D BD Steelbook was available for say £19.99, I would've snapped it up!

It's not even remotely new, 4K sets have been around for 2 years now, bluray took off after HD within months thanks to the PS3 what planet you living on???? 4K is gone! Deader than JFK!

It's not even remotely new, 4K sets have been around for 2 years now, bluray took off after HD within months thanks to the PS3 what planet you living on???? 4K is gone! Deader than JFK!

Mate c'mon, you know that's not true. You're the only one to come out with this theory, not even anyone who works in retail over at Blu-ray.com has said this. 2 years is very new, most people were still buying films on DVD up until 2009/2010 4 years after it launched, myself included. Given the digital streaming world we're living in today, it's a roaring success. There's no evidence to suggest Amazon is ditching it, they've only just listed Gladiator and The Matrix 4K!

And how do you know JFK is dead?! *X-Files music plays*

It's a pity 3D's been going downhill for a while, but it's cheeky of them to say that GotG Vol 2's 3D sales only accounted for 3% when it was only available in a steelbook pack along with 4K in a limited run as an example of it not doing well.

If 3D does eventually die I just hope the MCU films move the IMAX scenes to the 4K version, because missing out on that in home video would be unforgivable.

Mate c'mon, you know that's not true. You're the only one to come out with this theory, not even anyone who works in retail over at Blu-ray.com has said this. 2 years is very new, most people were still buying films on DVD up until 2009/2010 4 years after it launched, myself included. Given the digital streaming world we're living in today, it's a roaring success. There's no evidence to suggest Amazon is ditching it, they've only just listed Gladiator and The Matrix 4K!

Hey another 3D vs 4K thread :happy:
My thougts...
I think 4K is doing great. More and more catalogue titles are coming out. If the format is dead studios are not spending money on this.

On topic.....still not received my copies :wtf:

First Blu-ray release was in 2006 and had lot of purchases by 2008 -2009

Sales of 4K UHD at first when launched was better take up compared to Blu-ray and exceeded industry expecations and looked it might end up doing well

2 years later
4K UHD sales it has not matched Blu-ray sales increase in comparision that Blu-ray had over 2 years

Sales in general are dropping on all home media formats DVD/Blu-ray/4K UHD

• Thanks
Reactions: Sigill
First Blu-ray release was in 2006 and had lot of purchases by 2008 -2009

Sales of 4K UHD at first when launched was better take up compared to Blu-ray and exceeded industry expecations and looked it might end up doing well

2 years later
4K UHD sales it has not matched Blu-ray sales increase in comparision that Blu-ray had over 2 years

Sales in general are dropping on all home media formats DVD/Blu-ray/4K UHD
Netflix subscriptions are up!!! :p

• Thanks
Any streaming is **** compared with physical media of equivalent quality, period.
Can the anti-4K soothsayers not make every other thread about 4K vs..? And how long a life 3D still has?

On topic, watched this last night with droids, we all liked it lol

Any streaming is **** compared with physical media of equivalent quality, period.
Can the anti-4K soothsayers not make every other thread about 4K vs..? And how long a life 3D still has?

On topic, watched this last night with droids, we all liked it lol
Your copy arrived safe and sound then I take it @DMD4k ? :thumbs: