Release date: April 9, 2018
Purchase link: 3D+2D - 4K+2D
Prices: £24.99 (3D+2D) - £32.99 (4K+2D)
Notes: Includes title on the spine

DWe9r2ZXkAAnWdO.jpg DWe9r1GW0AAQ5De.jpg
DWe9r0tWkAAJ3e3.jpg DWe9r03X4AIEGlT.jpg
11642793-8654539570351600.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I prefer the U.S. artwork to this one.

This one feels more like The Force Awakens than The Last Jedi. Even the droids are on there....

I've been considering this release, and have been totally been on the fence.

But now you sold me on not getting it - had not thought about it being a lot like Force Awakens...

• Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
USA Blu-ray Release
Comes with Digital Copy and code to use on Disney Movies Anywhere

Score only Version extra
It's a code to use on disney movies anywhere app

Disney Movies Anywhere is USA only
You would need to use a VPN using an USA IP Address to create an account if your not based in USA

Disney UK/Europe don't provide Digital Copy with Blu-ray/Dvd releases

If you have a iTunes USA account you can purchase or rent Star Wars Last Jedi Digital Copy
USA iTunes release comes with Score only Version as an extra

UK/Ireland iTunes digital edition of Star Wars Last Jedi does not come with Score only Version extra
I thought I read somewhere that they were making it available worldwide.

I thought I read somewhere that they were making it available worldwide.
No as Disney Movies Anywhere is USA only
I replied to this a few weeks ago when first mentioned by another HDN member

It's only availavle
Code with USA Blu-ray to use on Disney Movies Anywhere and iTunes USA

Rian Johnson tweet clearly mentions access is through Disney Movies Anywhere

• Thanks
Reactions: lights
Received mine on Thursday (3D) and its a rather nice steelbook indeed. Exceeded my expectations given usual WWA offerings.

However, with my Sony player, both 3D+2D discs freeze up before offering language of choice (n) Which is a bit strange as the bonus disc plays fine.

N.B. I know the 2D disc plays fine in another player. Reason I got this was to see it in 3D. Rotten luck I guess and time to upgrade the player.
That happened to me a while back with Edge Of Tomorrow. The whole 3D effect was reversed. Thought I had a faulty disc until I popped it in my U.S. player and it looks fine. That one has Bluetooth and updates automatically. My UK has to be updated manually which is a pain!

It's only availavle

That's a shame then.

• Thanks
Reactions: paulboland
That happened to me a while back with Edge Of Tomorrow. The whole 3D effect was reversed. Thought I had a faulty disc until I popped it in my U.S. player and it looks fine. That one has Bluetooth and updates automatically. My UK has to be updated manually which is a pain!

We all just take technology for granted until it goes all quirky. 3D effects being reversed? I imagine (and must be so wrong with this idea) that all background objects popped towards creating one helluva viewing experience :D

Suppose it would have been a fuller ride to what I have with TLJ so far. Time to learn how to do a firmware upgrade and see if that brings TLJ in 3D to the Rattray household :thumbs:

Really like this steel. Looking forward to blufans but this is a nice wwa version

B60C342C-53F9-42F1-A73B-B5CC3F0ACEE5.jpeg

2FC2AB55-3D67-4EAC-98EE-C3AC09C96C2A.jpeg

1359FE3E-52FE-4097-A91B-85B864368C9E.jpeg

0F988C88-DE2C-44A0-A334-49897A291BCB.jpeg

A652138E-F53F-4ED7-8C1A-F50A968B590D.jpeg

62BADAAF-CD2F-4ED9-96DF-85ED5F16DFE8.jpeg

Found this amusing (in a sad way). Got these the same day and noticed both have similar front arts and together both look like they are about to battle with the exact weapon pose, both full gloss, both lovely debossed titles, C-3po is sh*tting it pointing at prime and as @PKAVFC pointed out to me the other day both have very similar names (could even merge - The Last Jedi Knight)

529595A6-44E1-417E-A4E7-1480E1BF8953.jpeg

Really like this steel. Looking forward to blufans but this is a nice wwa version

View attachment 369435

View attachment 369436

View attachment 369437

View attachment 369439

View attachment 369438

View attachment 369440

Found this amusing (in a sad way). Got these the same day and noticed both have similar front arts and together both look like they are about to battle with the exact weapon pose, both full gloss, both lovely debossed titles, C-3po is sh*tting it pointing at prime and as @PKAVFC pointed out to me the other day both have very similar names (could even merge - The Last Jedi Knight)

View attachment 369441

Yep, this is one of the best WWA steels in some time "IMO" looks great.

Watched the 3D disc last night and it was AWESOME!

We all just take technology for granted until it goes all quirky. 3D effects being reversed? I imagine (and must be so wrong with this idea) that all background objects popped towards creating one helluva viewing experience :D

Suppose it would have been a fuller ride to what I have with TLJ so far. Time to learn how to do a firmware upgrade and see if that brings TLJ in 3D to the Rattray household :thumbs:
Yes, it was headache inducing to say the least (and I love 3D).

It was just unwatchable. I never realised how a lack of an update could throw everything off like that.

I watched it again and it was even worse second time around.

Tried to like it for the sake of being a SW fan. All it did to me was realise how much more I missed Lucas and his much more dynamic prequels that gave us thrills and excitements.

Kathleen Kennedy and Disney destroyed the franchise :facepalm:

• Thanks
Reactions: Hereticz
Been a long time since I turned a film off that I'd bought (not having seen this in theatres), but this is one of them. I'm not a SW fan but I've seen them all but this was just... wtf was this? A really odd movie. And terrible pacing.

• Thanks
Reactions: Hereticz
I definately won’t be wasting a cinema ticket on SW 9. I’ve conceded that it will probably follow on the same pattern as SW 8. I just hope that a new direction can be taken for episodes 10-12.

Last edited:
Been a long time since I turned a film off that I'd bought (not having seen this in theatres), but this is one of them. I'm not a SW fan but I've seen them all but this was just... wtf was this? A really odd movie. And terrible pacing.
Since this film came out, you've had nothing but the director explaining it and giving his reasons why he did what he did (even two special features on the Blu Ray cover this)

Says a lot, and it's a bad sign when a filmmaker has to constantly defend or explain his/her own film if you ask me.

After watching it again, some fans are saying JJ's Force Awakens was a remake of the original and they welcomed the completely different direction that this went. But if you break it down, this was just a re-jiggling of the rest of the movie's.

The whole Snoke scenario is basically just ROTJ and the Emperor revisited (he even utters the words 'chose your destiny' or something to that effect!)

Crait is basically Hoth complete with At-Ats and trenches.

Yodas scene is basically a repeat of what went before in Empire. Telling Luke to concentrate on the 'now'.

There's even a deleted creature 'celebration' scene that was a straight up nod to the Ewoks (drum banging and all)

When you break this film down, Johnson has basically offered nothing new to the saga either.......

Luke even bows out to twin suns just like we were introduced to him looking at them in the first film! *Sigh*.......please!

No more 'homages'. Let's have some originality please.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: Deleted member 9789

It's only availavle

That's a shame then.

Well Disney Movies Anywhere is now no more anyways, they expired all the Apps etc. It has been renamed to simply Movies Anywhere because they have been getting other studios on board much like an Ultraviolet. Its been pretty ace tho cause it ties in by retailer so it imports all your stuff from amazon purchases, itunes, and few others.

so maybe you can use it for Movies Anywhere.

• Thanks
Reactions: lights
Well Disney Movies Anywhere is now no more anyways, they expired all the Apps etc. It has been renamed to simply Movies Anywhere because they have been getting other studios on board much like an Ultraviolet. Its been pretty ace tho cause it ties in by retailer so it imports all your stuff from amazon purchases, itunes, and few others.

so maybe you can use it for Movies Anywhere.
Movies Anywhere is still USA only at the moment
Movies Anywhere has not been launched for UK/Europe

You need a US IP address to create an Movies Anywhere account
Some VPN will work and some won't

https://help.moviesanywhere.com/hc/...n-t-I-register-for-a-Movies-Anywhere-account-

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
Reactions: Wreck
I thought I remembered buying UK/Ire blu rays with 'movies anywhere' stickers on them? Sounds familiar....
Movies Anywhere is USA only

Your PC or Device you are using needs to have a USA IP address to create an account

They have blocked some VPN programs but not all

If have a PC connected to a USA server you could set up an account

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: BluSteel2012
I'm actually interested to see how JJ follows this up. I won't be going to see Solo though. Looks terrible!

I don’t think JJ A. can salvage the mess that was caused from SW8. Disney might as well let RJ finish off what he had caused and then let a totally new director and screenplay go ahead for the next trilogy.

It’s very difficult for movies to carry on from a disaster. Easiest thing to do is let them be, wait a good for years and then think of a totally new story. We’ve seen that in Batman and Superman (I know they were reboots) Jurassic world, Alien 5 was going to ignore Alien 3-4 but project was cancelled due to Covenant and it’s sequel, and T6 ignoring T3-T5 (and Linda Hamilton is back!! :woot:)

May the force be with JJA! He’s got a lot of work to do to redeem this trilogy!

If your having problems Star Wars Last Jedi Discs not playing on Sony Blu-ray Player

Disney Blu-ray and DVD Support
https://www.disneystudioshelp.com/items_BDDVDHelp.html

I’m experiencing problems playing my Coco, Star Wars: The Last Jedi and/or Thor: Ragnarok Blu-ray discs in my Blu-ray player. What should I do?
If you’re experiencing problems playing Coco, Star Wars: The Last Jedi and/or Thor: Ragnarok Blu-ray discs in your Blu-ray player, you may want to adjust the refresh rate output of your Blu-ray player via the “Settings” or “Setup” menu of your Blu-ray player. For example:

1. On the “Home” menu of your player, select the “Setup” menu.

2. Navigate to and select the “Screen Settings” option.

3. On this screen, you will see an option for “BD-ROM 24P Output”. Change this setting from the current selection to “Off”.

4. Re-insert your Blu-ray disc into your player and play the disc.

Please note that the specific steps outlined above may vary by Blu-ray player, so you may need to consult your Blu-ray player’s product manual or contact your Blu-ray player’s manufacturer for further information.

• Helpful Post
Reactions: GeoRattray