Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (4K+2D Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

dfoles

Scanner Ninja
Contributor
Premium Supporter
May 15, 2013
GA
Release date: March 31, 2020
Purchase link: Best Buy
Price: $34.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

1576838225478.jpeg

1578713397286.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Added some more to the group buy - hopefully we can get a good idea of total interest around the end of February so I can order enough ahead of time.

I wonder if Best Buy will overproduce this steelbook this time around like they did the Last Jedi. I still saw the steelbook in a few stores that I visited around Christmas, and that was already after they put it on sale for $20.

Website says Sold out now. Guess I missed out will keep an eye out for it
I can’t remember a time when BB didn’t have copies in the stores on the day of the release. And given how great the overproduction of Disney titles tends to be, I can’t imagine they’ll sellout quickly. Even after putting most of them onsale for 15 bucks over Xmas, they still have most of the releases from last year in stores.

I'm curious if they'll be releasing new 4k steelbooks for the previous 8 films alongside this.
I've been contemplating getting the saga set, but would very much prefer steelbooks

I’m seriously grappling how I feel about this movie. I’m either in the “I’ll get it when the price drops to $9.99” camp- or the “I won’t get it at all” camp. xD

It’s a serious shame that someone that’s as big as a bluray collector as me, and as big as a Star Wars fan as me, only owns 3 of the movies on Blu-ray.

The other seven movies are either bad, or- in the case of the Original Trilogy, bastardized in its bluray release to make me not want it. Special Edition changed non-withstanding (and they are awful changes) the Original Trilogy’s Bluray transfers have terrible color correction, primitive aliasing, and the occasional motion smearing. It’s downright embarrassing. And if they’re sourcing the 2012 Bluray releases for the new 4K release, that problem is going to remain.

Hello, to everyone.

I am hosting a GB for a custom-made fullslip for this 'Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker' steelbook.
You all are invited to visit the thread and watch the photos of the fullslip.

Reactions: apsmith21
Not mine

7242F21D-B8E9-4B99-B8E5-185BD7AE4CAE.jpeg

Same debossed title as the rest of the world, just remains to be seen if it's full gloss or spot gloss...

Reactions: DMD4k