STARKILLER--1138's STARKILLER BASE

STARKILLER 1138

Contributor
Premium Supporter
Aug 20, 2012
Washington State
STARKILLER--1138's

STARKILLER BASE

Welcome to my Star Wars Memorabilia based home theater room. Star Wars is what got me into HT, and now into collecting Star Wars statues, 1:1 busts, and dioramas from Sideshow Collectibles. I update as new product arrives so check back now and then. Thank you for visiting and enjoy:

room8.jpg

room7.jpg

room5.jpg

room4.jpg

room3.jpg

room2.jpg

room6.jpg

16479560135_8ae30b13b9_c.jpg

15857029704_4a287be1df_c.jpg

9434903717_735e1d2324_c.jpg

11422997925_6500f33e52_c.jpg

11423001136_d0faeb8c80_c.jpg

11422897505_3cd3e7dc6e_c.jpg

Shelving - Ikea Besta Bookcases with Vassbo Doors
TV Stand - Transdeco TD655B
Star Wars Collection - Sideshow Collectibles, Code 3, and others
TV - Vizio E600i-B3
Bluray - PS3 Slim
Receiver - Yamaha RX-V663
7ch Amp - Emotiva UPA-7
Speakers - Energy CB-10's (6)
Sub - M&K MX-350THX
Cables / Interconnects - Monoprice

Me!
15265122809_50fbf3a785_z.jpg

Last edited:
I think there is already 16K. I don't know what the point is anymore, I think thats getting to a point where human eyes won't even be able to tell the difference.

So Frozen is bad? I would never know since I'd never watch it, or Coco for that matter. I just can't stand those damn cringe inducing children's animated movies :LOL:.

Its probably a licensing issue. I'm not so sure if they did SW ones that they'd turn out that great. The Stormtrooper would probably be okay, but since they don't use mixed media for the main outfits their Vader would probably look terrible. Are you still doing the Superman guest room? That thing would look so awesome in there!

Yeah, I can't imagine there's any difference to the naked eye. I can barely tell the difference between my old HD tv and a 4K tv.

The movie Frozen wasn't bad, but that short was one of the worst things I've seen. Coco is awesome. Pixar makes great stuff that is for kids and adults, you are really missing out on some good movies. You should at least watch The Incredibles.

Well my guest room is in my basement so that statue still wouldn't fit. I think I'm going to put my Star Wars stuff in the guest room and keep my Superman stuff in the basement. After how much money I spent on that Doomsday, I would rather have it where I can see it every day!

By the way, it's 3:30 a.m. in Tokyo. I'm really surprised nothing leaked out on Thursday night. Seems like at all the other cons you see the pictures the night before.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: SithLord84
Yeah, I can't imagine there's any difference to the naked eye. I can barely tell the difference between my old HD tv and a 4K tv.

The movie Frozen wasn't bad, but that short was one of the worst things I've seen. Coco is awesome. Pixar makes great stuff that is for kids and adults, you are really missing out on some good movies. You should at least watch The Incredibles.

Well my guest room is in my basement so that statue still wouldn't fit. I think I'm going to put my Star Wars stuff in the guest room and keep my Superman stuff in the basement. After how much money I spent on that Doomsday, I would rather have it where I can see it every day!

By the way, it's 3:30 a.m. in Tokyo. I'm really surprised nothing leaked out on Thursday night. Seems like at all the other cons you see the pictures the night before.

I have to admit the first time I saw a 4K TV I was not as blown away as I was the first time when I saw an HD TV. The difference from standard def to HD just seemed like miles ahead, while the 4K looked better I just wasn't as floored the first time.

Its just not going to happen. The only way I'll watch a kids movie is if they put either Batman or Darth Vader in it. That's pretty much it.

That's definitely a good plan for Doomsday. That's probably what I should be doing with my 1:2s but I'm just so terrified if I move them into a higher traffic area they will get broken :ohno:. I've gotta keep those under lock and key lol.

Wow, nothing leaked out yet? We should have pics by tonight though right? I heard Hush Batman and Superman will be there.

• Thanks
Reactions: terp_fan99
I have to admit the first time I saw a 4K TV I was not as blown away as I was the first time when I saw an HD TV. The difference from standard def to HD just seemed like miles ahead, while the 4K looked better I just wasn't as floored the first time.

Its just not going to happen. The only way I'll watch a kids movie is if they put either Batman or Darth Vader in it. That's pretty much it.

That's definitely a good plan for Doomsday. That's probably what I should be doing with my 1:2s but I'm just so terrified if I move them into a higher traffic area they will get broken :ohno:. I've gotta keep those under lock and key lol.

Wow, nothing leaked out yet? We should have pics by tonight though right? I heard Hush Batman and Superman will be there.

I mostly just want a new TV because mine isn't even a smart TV and some of the inputs don't work anymore. Plus I want a 75" one! Go big or go home.

Sigh, you are killing me here!

Well you could invest into display cases for your 1:2 so they would be behind glass.

I'm guessing the doors open at 10 a.m. so we should be seeing pictures by this evening! XM already posted some, nothing new. I can't wait to see Superman! Hopefully there are other Superman related surprises. Speaking of Superman, my Lex Luthor PF is at the UPS store.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
I mostly just want a new TV because mine isn't even a smart TV and some of the inputs don't work anymore. Plus I want a 75" one! Go big or go home.

Sigh, you are killing me here!

Well you could invest into display cases for your 1:2 so they would be behind glass.

I'm guessing the doors open at 10 a.m. so we should be seeing pictures by this evening! XM already posted some, nothing new. I can't wait to see Superman! Hopefully there are other Superman related surprises. Speaking of Superman, my Lex Luthor PF is at the UPS store.

Do it! I think I might get one next year, maybe I'll see if I can get a black Friday deal.

I'm sorry. I just can't get into the animated kiddie movies. Some of my friends like those too and when they go see them I just roll my eyes.:LOL: It perfectly explains why I like the darker DC movies over the light and fluffy crap that Marvel is putting out :p.

I suppose I could, but honestly with how quickly I change my mind on what I want to buy and collect I'm just not going to stick that much money into a custom display case for anything.

Awesome! How long are you going to let him sit there though? ;) I can't wait to see pics from this Con, did you see this weird disturbing Batman statue from P1 that was previewed? :ohno::

This thing would give me nightmares!

• Thanks
Do it! I think I might get one next year, maybe I'll see if I can get a black Friday deal.

I'm sorry. I just can't get into the animated kiddie movies. Some of my friends like those too and when they go see them I just roll my eyes.:LOL: It perfectly explains why I like the darker DC movies over the light and fluffy crap that Marvel is putting out :p.

I suppose I could, but honestly with how quickly I change my mind on what I want to buy and collect I'm just not going to stick that much money into a custom display case for anything.

Awesome! How long are you going to let him sit there though? ;) I can't wait to see pics from this Con, did you see this weird disturbing Batman statue from P1 that was previewed? :ohno::

This thing would give me nightmares!

I think I'll wait until around Super Bowl time (if I have the funds), TVs are usually on sale then too. Or I'll just wait until next Black Friday...or until my TV stops working.

That's funny since you seem to be in touch with your inner child.

Good point. I don't like the idea of my statue being out in the open like that either. Especially since I'm too lazy to dust.

I probably won't get my statue until Saturday. I finally slept last night so I'll go to the gym after work and the UPS store will be closed by the time I'm done. Even then, I don't have anything to put him in at the moment because I've been too lazy to move stuff around.

That thing is messed up. I love that they just slap Batman onto anything and it sells. I can't wait for the Batman My Little Pony statue line.

Did you see the new Wolverine PF was on Sideshow Live yesterday and it was leaning really badly? I saw someone posted this to fix it, ha.

24232379_10156450944160260_7490361486014841640_n.jpg

• Thanks
I think I'll wait until around Super Bowl time (if I have the funds), TVs are usually on sale then too. Or I'll just wait until next Black Friday...or until my TV stops working.

That's funny since you seem to be in touch with your inner child.

Good point. I don't like the idea of my statue being out in the open like that either. Especially since I'm too lazy to dust.

I probably won't get my statue until Saturday. I finally slept last night so I'll go to the gym after work and the UPS store will be closed by the time I'm done. Even then, I don't have anything to put him in at the moment because I've been too lazy to move stuff around.

That thing is messed up. I love that they just slap Batman onto anything and it sells. I can't wait for the Batman My Little Pony statue line.

Did you see the new Wolverine PF was on Sideshow Live yesterday and it was leaning really badly? I saw someone posted this to fix it, ha.

24232379_10156450944160260_7490361486014841640_n.jpg

You know I really keep putting off buying a 4K TV because I just can't talk myself into buying one since my TV is still working perfectly fine too. It just seems like flushing money down the drain.

Ha, yeah but my inner child used to love rated R movies, not the Disney crap.:LOL:

You really need to get motivated to dust your statues. You really want them to get dust caked like CBG's? I could never not dust these things after spending that much on them.

Have you considered maybe its going to the gym so much that is causing your insomnia? You should be more lazy like me, then you'll have no problem sleeping. Plus you'll have extra energy to start dusting your statues. :p

Ha ha! Watch them make that and I totally end up buying it. But seriously I've heard online that there are supposedly some grown men that watch My Little Pony, WTF?o_O

OMG! Why would they show that in their video? And thats the second Wolverine thing to have leaning issues, the first was the LSF. Seeing these leaning polystone statues is seriously making me consider not buying these things anymore. I've seen a bunch of pieces that end up leaning eventually. Maybe I should go into figure collecting.

• Thanks
You know I really keep putting off buying a 4K TV because I just can't talk myself into buying one since my TV is still working perfectly fine too. It just seems like flushing money down the drain.

Ha, yeah but my inner child used to love rated R movies, not the Disney crap.:LOL:

You really need to get motivated to dust your statues. You really want them to get dust caked like CBG's? I could never not dust these things after spending that much on them.

Have you considered maybe its going to the gym so much that is causing your insomnia? You should be more lazy like me, then you'll have no problem sleeping. Plus you'll have extra energy to start dusting your statues. :p

Ha ha! Watch them make that and I totally end up buying it. But seriously I've heard online that there are supposedly some grown men that watch My Little Pony, WTF?o_O

OMG! Why would they show that in their video? And thats the second Wolverine thing to have leaning issues, the first was the LSF. Seeing these leaning polystone statues is seriously making me consider not buying these things anymore. I've seen a bunch of pieces that end up leaning eventually. Maybe I should go into figure collecting.

Exactly, that's a lot of money to spend on something I technically don't need. Although I could say the same about all the statues/figures I have, ha ha.

I want mine even more dusty than CBG's so I can then adopt a fake online persona and annoy everyone. I will dust them eventually...right before I put them behind glass doors. At least all my HT figures are behind doors at the moment.

Nah, I didn't go to the gym for the two days before that insomnia started so that wasn't it. The gym is the best stress relief in the world. Maybe you wouldn't be so grumpy in your old age if you worked out. ;)

Sideshow Live is hilarious when they are talking up a dud of a statue. Someone e-mailed a Sideshow rep about the Wolverine and they replied that they have no intention of changing it. I love their "we don't care about the customers opinion" attitude. It's amazing.

Don't even say you should go into figure collecting. It would never last longer than a few days.

• Thanks
Exactly, that's a lot of money to spend on something I technically don't need. Although I could say the same about all the statues/figures I have, ha ha.

I want mine even more dusty than CBG's so I can then adopt a fake online persona and annoy everyone. I will dust them eventually...right before I put them behind glass doors. At least all my HT figures are behind doors at the moment.

Nah, I didn't go to the gym for the two days before that insomnia started so that wasn't it. The gym is the best stress relief in the world. Maybe you wouldn't be so grumpy in your old age if you worked out. ;)

Sideshow Live is hilarious when they are talking up a dud of a statue. Someone e-mailed a Sideshow rep about the Wolverine and they replied that they have no intention of changing it. I love their "we don't care about the customers opinion" attitude. It's amazing.

Don't even say you should go into figure collecting. It would never last longer than a few days.

Ha! At least with statues/figures we get to resell them when something new and exciting comes along. With the new TV I'm just going to have the company that comes over to deliver the new one haul away the old one.

Hmm.. you seem to know a lot about CBG's habits. Wait... are you... CBG?

latest

That would probably be great for me, but I absolutely love being grumpy! Its like my favorite thing about me! :LOL:

What a terrible company. Lets not forget about this fiasco:

26975644019_b7b7680369_z.jpg

Thanks! That statement about me wanting to buy figures was a test and you aced it perfectly! Now every time I bring it up just keep at it!:thumbs:

• Thanks
Ha! At least with statues/figures we get to resell them when something new and exciting comes along. With the new TV I'm just going to have the company that comes over to deliver the new one haul away the old one.

Hmm.. you seem to know a lot about CBG's habits. Wait... are you... CBG?

latest

That would probably be great for me, but I absolutely love being grumpy! Its like my favorite thing about me! :LOL:

What a terrible company. Lets not forget about this fiasco:

26975644019_b7b7680369_z.jpg

Thanks! That statement about me wanting to buy figures was a test and you aced it perfectly! Now every time I bring it up just keep at it!:thumbs:

Ha, I just know that he's annoying. You're the one who knows all about his collection!

Oh gosh, poor Superman. I'm glad I got a fabric cape for my Superman. Ridiculous that he didn't come with one in the first place though.

Okay, it's 8 a.m. in Tokyo. Where are my pictures?

Want to see the most over priced collectible? $1,800 for a 17 inch statue: https://www.wetanz.com/shop/figures/masters-collection-gollum

• Thanks
Ha, I just know that he's annoying. You're the one who knows all about his collection!

Oh gosh, poor Superman. I'm glad I got a fabric cape for my Superman. Ridiculous that he didn't come with one in the first place though.

Okay, it's 8 a.m. in Tokyo. Where are my pictures?

Want to see the most over priced collectible? $1,800 for a 17 inch statue: https://www.wetanz.com/shop/figures/masters-collection-gollum

Ha! I just can't forget about all of that dust. There were some good statues there like Darth Talon that were completely ruined by the dust. It was so caked on there was no way of removing it. I don't want that to happen to your stuff.

Thats so expensive! But I have to admit that Gollum does look pretty well done.

So apparently the Con doesn't open till noon today, which isn't for another almost three and a half hours from now. I hope they reveal everything today and don't hold the stuff back until Saturday or Sunday.

• Thanks
Base is terrible too. Can't believe I got my hopes up.

FB1644A6-70BF-4014-8520-C49CF4402B4C_zpsnzxml0yd.png

I will probably order this instead unless someone can remove those god awful angels.

24232210_10155839578004318_1937362358146454209_n.jpg

The reaction to both Hush pieces in the Prime 1 Collector's Group is pretty negative. What a bust.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Wow, yeah that Hush line is pretty disappointing. Supes' head does look pretty small. I wouldn't worry about that though, P1 will address it. I don't like the angels on the base either, but the problem with this piece is its from the Hush line so all the bases will be the same theme.

I'm not that blown away by their Hush Batmsn either. These are early pics though, we will probably get better pics as the con goes on.

I actually like what I'm seeing of their Bale so far. The Catwoman pose looks a little odd, I'll need to see more pics of that.

I think their Cavill looks great. The head sculpt is incredible! I don't know if you like the pose or not but it definitely works for me.

• Thanks
Yeah, I really like the Cavill Superman.

Seeing that picture makes me hate the base a lot less. I was wondering how they came up with that. If they can fix the head, it has potential.

I almost wish I would have waited another year to get a Cavill Supes, I could have saved a grand and went with this one.

This is already growing on me. I even like it more than the Hush Batman.

1f67fb2298fdae89b3ba76d1ae1d9745.jpg

• Thanks
I almost wish I would have waited another year to get a Cavill Supes, I could have saved a grand and went with this one.

This is already growing on me. I even like it more than the Hush Batman.

1f67fb2298fdae89b3ba76d1ae1d9745.jpg

It looks better in the hi def pictures, but they really need to make that head bigger. I think I like the ninja Batman more than the Hush one.

Yeah then you could have bought the entire trinity in 1:3 scale instead!

If they fix this I’m down.

24130049_10212307703020115_3198965328415735006_n.jpg

Last edited:
  • Helpful Post
It looks better in the hi def pictures, but they really need to make that head bigger. I think I like the ninja Batman more than the Hush one.

Yeah then you could have bought the entire trinity in 1:3 scale instead!

If they fix this I’m down.

24130049_10212307703020115_3198965328415735006_n.jpg

That does look really good there. I think what they wanted to go for was showing off how huge his muscles were but it didn't work out. I'm sure they will fix this. They are very good at taking criticism and fixing stuff.

Should I get Bale and/or Hathaway Catwoman? I'm kinda bummed they didn't show their Bane.

• Thanks