Starship Troopers: 20th Anniversary Edition (4K UHD Blu-ray SteelBook) (Best Buy Exclusive) [USA]

snooloui

The 'Negative' Ninja
Premium Supporter
Feb 12, 2012
UK
Release date: September 19, 2017
Purchase link: Starship Troopers: 20th Anniversary Edition (live)
Price: $24.99
Group buy: hosted by apsmith21

statro-jpg.323064

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I remember buying the digipack trilogy back in the day and the U.K. steelbook quite a bit later and I know which artwork I'd prefer to see on the new steelbook . . .

Getting away from the floating heads there are a couple of other images that compare with the image on the trilogy boxset such as these two (with one being a variant of the digipack artwork).
wu8cjbhy.jpg
qlmeseny.jpg

On the other hand, as a 20th Anniversary edition, maybe time for something fresh and new.

2008 release digipack trilogy and 2013 release Zavvi steelbook artwork:-

I just manage to pick up a reasonably priced Zavvi one on ebay, and now this. Although....will it be region A locked?

I recently read a forum thread about 2D to 3D conversion equipment and this is one of the films that was tested - and it looked great in 3D apparently.

Well if they've already converted it, they just need to start printing those 3D discs. I'm sure people will gladly pay $35 for a 3 disc (3D/2D/4K) steelbook of this movie.

• Thanks
Reactions: Radagast
Well if they've already converted it, they just need to start printing those 3D discs. I'm sure people will gladly pay $35 for a 3 disc (3D/2D/4K) steelbook of this movie.

No I meant that they used a converter that changes the 2D signal to 3D as the disc plays (much like the 2D>3D function on some 3D TVs, but much better). I've been looking into them myself but they're either unavailable (KanexPro CubeUp) or VERY expensive (Blackmagic Teranex).

Sorry if I got your hopes up bud.

No I meant that they used a converter that changes the 2D signal to 3D as the disc plays (much like the 2D>3D function on some 3D TVs, but much better). I've been looking into them myself but they're either unavailable (KanexPro CubeUp) or VERY expensive (Blackmagic Teranex).

Sorry if I got your hopes up bud.

Well I wasn't expecting someone from the studio to read my post and add another disc to this, so my hopes weren't really up.